What is your #1 fat loss tip?

Options

Replies

• Hollyjanebrown
    Options
    Eat Breakfast and keep a photo of either a thinner you or someone who is a thin as you would like to be close (in your wallet or on the fridge) so that when you want to stick a piece of chocolate in your mouth you can look at it and stop. Also a few days of logging EVERYTHING that you put in your mouth helps you understand where extra weight is comming from; it only takes a small piece of cheese to blow your caloric intake for the day!
  • CMHug
    CMHug Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My mantra: It's not WILLpower. It's WANTpower.

What do you want more? The health or the bad food?

And remember it's a LIFESTYLE improvement, not a deprivation diet. You will be better off longer.

sorry! more than one!
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS keep a healthy snack with you whenever you go out. Keeps you satisfied on the go. :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Eat! Expecially above your bmr.
  • emyback68
    emyback68 Posts: 89
    Options
    bump for later
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Be determined. Don't think you can do it, KNOW you can do it. My thought process with my lifestyle change has made the difference in my success where thinking I could lose weight on a "diet" never worked in the past.

Awesome advice! Believing in yourself makes the difference!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Eat only when you're hungry and stop as soon as you're full.
  • tinam76
    tinam76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am really just joining looking for friends to make the journey with me it is long and lonely. my tip so far would be plenty of water. take it one day at a time.
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you are tempted to eat something....not so healthy.....Force yourself to look at the nutrition facts.... It always works for me!
  • all4derby
    all4derby Posts: 55
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories back!
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    CALORIES IN VS CALORIES OUT......that is all you need to know, no special formula, no magic pill, shake etc.

Best tip in this thread and that's all that really matters.

Not really, becaue your calories will change as you lose weight
    yes cal in vs cal out is good but ultimately portions and macronutrients will hve to be examined

Important to know what you eat

I give you half credit! lol-kidding
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My #1 tip is don't get advice from internet forums unless you want to sift through a lot of troll poop. Find a real expert and contact them.
  • hlee99
    hlee99 Posts: 1
    Options
    WATER and lots of it. It curbs your appetite and makes you full longer. It’s great for your body and skin and I have also noticed I don’t get headaches as often. I challenge myself to see how much water I can drink a day, it’s usually 12+ cups a day.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that you enjoy, learn how to fit them into your daily calories and macronutrient goals. You're not dieting when you eat foods you like every single day.

:)
  • mpbl282
    mpbl282 Posts: 14
    Options
    Plan and prepare your meals ahead of time and don't stray!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    IF YOU EAT IT, THEN YOU OWN IT!!!
  • DianeSwartzs
    DianeSwartzs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Exercise!!!:smile:
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    Get enough sleep!!! I am all for getting up early to workout, with 6 kids, that is the ONLY time of day that I can be alone. But, that means you have to go to bed early. If not, your cortisol levels are off, and you can actually store fat bc your hormone is working against you. Took me awhile to figure this one out. I was plateaued for 1 year, finally losing again because I am letting my body get the rest it needs. Good luck!!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that you enjoy, learn how to fit them into your daily calories and macronutrient goals. You're not dieting when you eat foods you like every single day.

:)

says the guy that "only" lost 147 lbs.

I jest.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Your absolute best #1 tip, and 1 tip only! What is it? :)

Cut the junk food as much as possible. Try and limit it to once a week at most.