40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    swissmiss - I think it's awesome you "found" out all of this information - it must be helpful to you, which is great!

No weights, today. Hopefully I'll get in a little bit of HIIT and TONS of stretching at my (planned) noon-hour work-out.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! And hey, maybe we are fellow Scorpios?? ;)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    To shrink the length of my weight-training work-outs, I've decided to move the abs portion to my "off-days" (I do HIIT/stretching on my "off-days" - and now, ABS, too!).

Today is weight-training - we'll see if eliminating the abs portion gets me out of the gym in better time!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I don't believe I will be exercising again today. Still working on those taxes and time is running out. Since I did my husband's online, he says he will do my state on the phone. That is fine with me. That leaves city to do. We always take that one to the city and let them do it. So much quicker.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. I really need to get internet at home so I can be here on my computer and not my phone. I can't do much here on my phone.

Becky
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Wow what a large group we have. So nice to see everyone and read all the post. I've walked 36 miles this month and my goal is to start running again next week. After regaining all of my weight I lost, I have lost 2 pounds.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs Kim
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone: Checking in since I haven't been around for a few weeks. I've been lurking...and reading posts, tracking food but that's about it. My brother 53 passed away suddenly so have been dealing with that. :cry: Since he lives here by me I'm doing most of the footwork etc.....in the meantime I have started training for my first full triathlon! Last year I did just the swim portion with some friends but this year I'm going for the whole thing! :bigsmile: It's June 2nd and I just completed the first full week of training and it's going well.

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Wow, can't believe it's been a week since I last posted. It has been a very busy week with several out of town meetings. So, lots of driving, long days and late nights.
    Was away Tuesday, back to work for Wednesday, away thurs & fri home today and heading out at 6 a.m. Tomorrow. Am going to see Oprah's Life class inToronto and am so excited! Road trio for me and my gf.

Did my 15 miles this morn! Yay! Now, to enjoy the taper. My marathon is April 29 and am looking forward to tht trip as well.

Becky, I still have to file my taxes. Do you file city, state and federal taxes separately? In Canada, we file our income tax to the federal govt but the return includes our prov tax.

Welcome to the new comers! :flowerforyou:

CRewell- so sorry to hear of your loss! How devastating! (( hugs))
    Congrats on going for the full tri! Is it a half ironman? Would love to do that one day, but I need somewhere to,practice swimming all year long. No pool here.

Hamandcheese.....wowzer! Great job. Hope you feel as good as you look. :happy:

Beeps- you sound like wonder woman to me....busy career woman, with amazing work dedication. Sounds like you give 110% to everything you do. :flowerforyou:

Bed time...have an early start tomorrow.
    Night all.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options

This Saturday I have a 5k coming up and I have been trying hard to prepare for it. This time around has been a little harder since I've been having a rough time sleeping at night, but I have been keeping at it getting up and out by 7 or 7:30 in the morning, and my last two runs I have done better. I'm still slow (I think right now I am on track to finish around 37 or 38 minutes), but as long as I can jog it all without stopping that is my goal. This morning the tip of my kneecap was bothering me a little too but once I got in my pace going I was okay. I just keep remembering what my late Grandma used to always say when we would visit: "Keep on keepin' on!" :smile:

Best of luck to you... slow is better than no
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :noway: I still have to file my state and city taxes. And possibly my school also. But, I think I already did that one. I have to check my records. The city is giving us until Tuesday but I have to get the Ohio one done today.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sorry crewell - that's sad news about your brother. I am glad you are managing to focus on your fitness, even during trying times.

sdereski - your marathon is FAST approaching! how exciting! How was "Oprah's Life Class"?? (What is that??)

Becky, hope you get it all done. Our tax deadline is April 30th, but we've finished everything and are just waiting to write cheques.

Today is weight-training. I'm ready. Had a good break over the weekend (just did HIIT/abs/stretching on Saturday) and I'm usually ready to HIT IT come Monday.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Back on track today after a few weeks of visiting with family, Easter candy fallout, and Bock Bier fest. Good times.

I signed up to do a "color run" in August with a group of mom friends from my daughter's play group. Have any of you done this before? It's the first time this is coming to Sacramento. I'm excited!

http://thecolorrun.com/
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    crewell, I am so sorry about your brother. We shouldn't be losing sibling !!! That hurts like crazy.

sderdski, I have never done a marathon. Not planning on either, but I love to hear of others.

aww Beeps, you have to write cheques. My husband does also but we file seperately and I usually receive something back.

The YMCA has no classes this week. They are taking sign ups for the next session. I really should go and use the weight room.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Ummmm, swissmiss, writing cheques is AWESOME!! Always remember, if you are getting a refund, then the government has held your money, in their hands (and interest-free!!) for months and months and months....

IMHO, it's always better to have to pay - because then the government doesn't have my money until the very last minute, and I can earn money, on my money, all the months before I have to pay the government!

(I know, I know, only boring ol' tax people think like this - but I'm a tax person!)
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone,

My 5k Saturday turned out well and my time was 35:07, which made me happy since I had been averaging between 37 and 38 minutes on my training runs. It poured like crazy overnight beforehand but by race time the only thing to put up with were the strong winds, which I didn't mind.

SaraTN, thanks for that reminder, I need to remember that at least I'm out there (which is something I never would have done before last year!)

CRewell, so, so sorry to hear about your loss

sdereski, that road trip sounds great. Curious to hear about the Oprah Life Class

tladame, I have heard about the color run before and I'm hoping it comes to San Diego sometime. You will have so much fun doing that run!!

Have a good week everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, "toot, toot" for Mary!! That's nothing to sneeze at and you should be very proud of you accomplishments!!

I am done my gym for today. Went well. I *finally* broke 100 lbs on my lat pull-down....yep, it took FOREVER, but, BOOM, now WATCH OUT dudes!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi!

Tonight is restaurant club. So, the entrees look DELISH!! If I choose the fish option, I can have an adult beverage - good trade off, I figure!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Beeps, let us know which adult drink you choose. That sounds like a good deal to me.

:flowerforyou: Mary, I love to read of others running. I really can't do it. I am sure that I would fall flat on my face.:laugh:

Information about taxes aren't boring. I can use the lessons. I filed my city last night. So, it is all done.:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I chose light rum and diet coke....2 of 'em. Yum! I had a roasted beet appy, followed by the turbot (fish) entree. I ate no bread and I ate no dessert. The food was really delicious and I had a good night out with my restaurant club!

I am STILL really stiff from Monday's work-out....so, if I'm too stiff to lift, today, I'll do HIIT, abs and stretching. I don't really want to be "off" schedule - so I'll probably give the lifting a try. We shall see!

I hope you can get back to your regular routine, swissmiss - now that taxes are done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It's like the 40-ish crowd just all went on vacation at the same time, or something.

Where ARE YOU ALL HIDING??

It's Friday. I lifted HEAVY. My hams are sore....but a good sore. Tomorrow will be a longer cardio day and Sunday I'll do HIIT/abs and stretching.

Yay!
  • lmk5
    lmk5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can I join the club? I'm new to MFP and new to the 40's. My metabolism seems to be pretty sluggish with my new age number. :tongue: I could use some moral support and hear how everyone else is doing. I've gained an awful 17 pounds in the last year and don't know it happened. Crept up on me. Anywho...yeah for the 40's.