Girls Lift Heavy Dammit...

Options

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    <
    Oh and look at my huge bulky man muscles I got from the last 5 months of lifting.....:tongue:
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    <
    Oh and look at my huge bulky man muscles I got from the last 5 months of lifting.....:tongue:

You are so beautiful.
  • femmecyclist
    femmecyclist Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is awesome - so fantastic! What an inspiration to see strong kickass muscles on a lady. Great job.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Lookin' Fab-u-lous!! I was just pondering why so many women are afraid of lifting the other day--they have NO IDEA what they're missing. Congrats on your results :flowerforyou:
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm impressed! Non lifter here---I know I've got to do more than cardio...I know losing weight is good but won't give me the body I want. Not sure where to get started...

Next trip to gym...my gym is female only and has sucky weight section. But I can go with Paul to his gym...he can and will help me get started.

remember this:::: cardio only keeps burning for 3hrs after workout, but lifting keeps burning for 72hrs. so yeah great results.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    Lookin' Fab-u-lous!! I was just pondering why so many women are afraid of lifting the other day--they have NO IDEA what they're missing. Congrats on your results :flowerforyou:

Damn Woman, look at that back, BEAUTIFUL!
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I lift too, and you are right, it works! I don't go to that side of the gym tho, because I don't want to be the only girl in there. I take the classes at my gym in the early morning before work. They are Les Mills classes- Bodypump among others. Bodypump is the weight lifting class. It's awesome, it really helps burn fat.

For those of you who don't want to be in the man room, go to youtube and check out some of Les Mills classes, especially Bodypump. Many gyms offer the class.

I have not lost much weight since I started, but I have lost four inches off my waist and three off of my hips. Only lost about eight pounds in three months. But I look so much better and toned, so I have decide not to worry so much about the scale and go my the inches lost and body fat percentage. That is a way more way to do it, because taking these classes has given me so much more muscle and it's hard to lose weight when you are building muscle.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    I still have over 100lbs left to lose, and I push it as heavy as I can because I want my body to look like yours when I get there, and not like droopy dogs jowls. It's a lot easier to fill in that skin now than it'll be to pull it up once the sag hits.

You look fantastic, BTW!!

So smart to do this now, I really wish I had started at the beginning. You are going to love the results.:love:
  • myoldselfback
    myoldselfback Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow is right only 1 month Holy Sh _ _! ok send me your routine and sign me up I'm there!
  • _Mona_Lisa_
    Options
    I love lifting, I started 7 yrs. ago. Helped me lose almost 130 lbs. Keep it up! :smile:
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I can't wait to start lifting in a couple weeks!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I do strength training with the machines. I love it! I am increasing the pounds. My female gym doen't have a lot of free weights. This maybe an investment for me down the road. I still have over a 100 orote to go. Scale is not moving right now but the inches are moving.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I lift too, and you are right, it works! I don't go to that side of the gym tho, because I don't want to be the only girl in there. I take the classes at my gym in the early morning before work. They are Les Mills classes- Bodypump among others. Bodypump is the weight lifting class. It's awesome, it really helps burn fat.

For those of you who don't want to be in the man room, go to youtube and check out some of Les Mills classes, especially Bodypump. Many gyms offer the class.

I have not lost much weight since I started, but I have lost four inches off my waist and three off of my hips. Only lost about eight pounds in three months. But I look so much better and toned, so I have decide not to worry so much about the scale and go my the inches lost and body fat percentage. That is a way more way to do it, because taking these classes has given me so much more muscle and it's hard to lose weight when you are building muscle.

dont be afraid to go to where the big boys are. it CAN be intimidating especially when they come in pack of 3 and 4 in their muscle shirts and hog up the weight benches, but IME they are usually pretty welcoming. noone's going to give you a fruit basket or whatever, but they are usually pretty happy to help with questions, especially if you dont know where all the equipment is kept.

in all my years of going to the weight room, i've only had 2 bad experiences with jerks and before i could even say anything some other guy would step in and tell the jerk to stfu.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    I love lifting, I started 7 yrs. ago. Helped me lose almost 130 lbs. Keep it up! :smile:

Wow 130 lbs. Congratulations on all of your hard work.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options

dont be afraid to go to where the big boys are. it CAN be intimidating especially when they come in pack of 3 and 4 in their muscle shirts and hog up the weight benches, but IME they are usually pretty welcoming. noone's going to give you a fruit basket or whatever, but they are usually pretty happy to help with questions, especially if you dont know where all the equipment is kept.

in all my years of going to the weight room, i've only had 2 bad experiences with jerks and before i could even say anything some other guy would step in and tell the jerk to stfu.

I've made 3 buddy's at the gym. 2 months ago they would have intimidated the heck out of me, now they joke with me and help me all the time. I have become their pet project I think.:laugh:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    That is so why I'm glad we signed up with a trainer (just once a month but still). He's got us on a plan that is female friendly for me but STILL busts my/our hind ends. He loved the fact that I'm not afraid to go all out with the weights. I cannot wait to have backs/shoulders/arms like you guys!!!!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    great job!! i wish I'd start seeing results. dammit. but i'll keep on keeping on...... hopefully,
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    great job!! i wish I'd start seeing results. dammit. but i'll keep on keeping on...... hopefully,

You will, promise.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Your results look fantastic! Can you share a little about your weight routine? I've done both the NROLFW and am now doing StrongLifts 5x5, but neither seems to be right. NR took too long - I don't have an hour and a half to devote to the later stages - and Stronglifts forces me to to monopolize the squat rack, which doesn't go over well in my gym. I've been committed to the squats and the bench press, and supplementing with other moves to create a 30 minute, 3xwk routine, but I'd love to hear what you do.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    Your results look fantastic! Can you share a little about your weight routine? I've done both the NROLFW and am now doing StrongLifts 5x5, but neither seems to be right. NR took too long - I don't have an hour and a half to devote to the later stages - and Stronglifts forces me to to monopolize the squat rack, which doesn't go over well in my gym. I've been committed to the squats and the bench press, and supplementing with other moves to create a 30 minute, 3xwk routine, but I'd love to hear what you do.

Basically a mix of NRoL4W and StrongLifts 5X5. I spend and hour sometimes and hour and a half, 3 times a week. I start at the squat rack first and do dead lifts after that. Now I am working with dumb bells to fix some strength issues I am having on one side. One of my goals is to be able to do a pull up so I do lat pull downs and neg. pull-ups. I BP and do push ups and rows like crazy too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!