Words or phrases that should be banned

Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    the word ´mami´ .. when refering a girl you like or you think is hot... I HATE IT... its such a tacky word, grrrrr, when somebody calls me that way I just reply ´hey, I didnt know you were my son´. It really gets on my nerves.

Er Mami is shortened for "Mamasita" which is our way of saying "you look hot"... We use it all the time as a form of endearment or compliment & not just to address our mother.

I know, Im latina, and I HATE that word. It just sounds tacky..
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    YOLO. Also, retarded (even if you don't mean it in a hurtful way, it hurts people)

Thank you! I have commented many times on the 'r' word and it's good to see someone else advocating to not use it for idiot, stupid, etc. With me, it's personal!!

How's about?
    Moving forward....
  • amesie425
    Options
    - Nosh
    - Hubby
    - Keep calm and carry on

Really don't know why but I hate all of those!!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    "Shark Week"

Almost spit out my beer laughing at that. I've never heard that one before; I'm going to start using it.

Yeah- quite similar, don'tcha think? Lots of blood and biting heads off :laugh:
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    "Hubby"

"Veggies"

"Baby bump"

Any overused *cute* word.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    yous

and/or

yous guys
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    "Hubby"

"Veggies"

"Baby bump"

Any overused *cute* word.

baby bump!... >.<
  • sexycute
    sexycute Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "I know, Right"

I hate that phrase!
  • chunkeytabby
    Options
    "Back in the day" is getting so old it should have stayed there. Since it applies to any person saying it, it isn't really specific, so when was 'back in the day'? (p.s. check hear vs. here)
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    "Ax me a question" instead of ASK! The word is ASK! Not AX. Drives me crazy.... and the person sayng it looks like a fool.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of everyone "loosing" weight on MFP. With all those pounds flying around unrestrained, someone is going to get hurt. :-)

loose does not equal lose.

Great! I just snorted water through my nose on that one!
  • creatinghaze16
    creatinghaze16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When people say "burn".

Oh my goodness, so annoying!
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when...

^ this. and "YOLO." like, i was unaware that i was only going to live once. thanks for reminding me...
    or the way people talk in text messages. i understand it takes less time to type like that, but y r u so lazy? lol
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I can't stand it when people say "same difference". It's an oxymoron and it should be "no difference" :explode:

I also hate it when people use "like" excessively in a sentence.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    in regards....I used to say this all the time, but a friend pointed out it's really "With regard"
    so now when I hear that phrase it makes me think the person believes they are smart for saying that....bc I totally did!! :laugh:
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    smh....
    I only recently found out what this meant and it made it all the more irritating xx

See it everywhere, still don't know what smh means.
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    When someone says the past tense of "to see" as "seen"......as in "I seen that movie yesterday". Makes the English major in my soul weep.
    I have a friend who says this. She even went as far as arguing with our English professor about it. It drives me crazy!!!
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    Epic, everything is EPIC these days. Drives me nuts to hear that. Reminds me of teenagers. Bleh.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    smh....
    I only recently found out what this meant and it made it all the more irritating xx

Shake my head:happy:
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    smh....

My kids ang their friends drive me crazy with the texting shortcuts. So I try to add them to all my conversations with them. Like if we are driving in the car & someone tots cuts me off...I'm like OMG...WTF. They hate it. Once I figure out what smh means, I'll prolly use that 2. LOL HAHAHA