Cottage Cheese. WTF???? PASS ME THE BUCKET!!

Options
I am obviously doing this wrong because so many people swear by it. i tried blitzing it to a smooth paste, adding black pepper, then chilli powder..... etc etc etc.

it is truly the most disgusting thing EVER!! and i never thought i would hate anything with cheese in it's name!

little help here?

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese pancakes? :P
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ahhh nooo.......... I can eat it plain straight out of the container! :-) Are you eating it just like - so with the herbs etc mentioned below or have you tried putting it on a hot baked potato? Yummy! :-)
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    agreed, my wife loves it, but every time I try it dry heave. It is easily the most vile food know to man....IMO that is.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Did you try it just out of the container without doing anything to it?? That's my fav way to eat it. I personally would never blend it.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    This is the one thing I just can't get down. I have tried a couple times. YUK!:sick:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Blended into a smoothie with fruit is the only way I can eat it.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    The only way I can eat it is in a smoothie. I use it in a recipe for a cheesecake cake batter smoothie that I found here. Has loads of protein and you can't even taste or tell there is cottage cheese in it.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean by blitzing it into a paste. Do you mean in a food processor or blender? I love cottage cheese, small curd only. I eat it as is, but also like peaches on top.

Some people just don't like the taste or texture, no biggie.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Try large curd cottage cheese.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Ahhh nooo.......... I can eat it plain straight out of the container! :-) Are you eating it just like - so with the herbs etc mentioned below or have you tried putting it on a hot baked potato? Yummy! :-)

^^This^^
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I am obviously doing this wrong because so many people swear by it. i tried blitzing it to a smooth paste, adding black pepper, then chilli powder..... etc etc etc.

it is truly the most disgusting thing EVER!! and i never thought i would hate anything with cheese in it's name!

little help here?

It's one of many dairy protein delivery systems. It's OK not to like it. Really! Just use another one that you DO like or find other sources of protein. :)
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    maybe a smoothie is not a bad idea.... i think the problem is it's baby-sick consistency and too sour taste. reminds me of when my babies were small... but not in a good way! :C
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Eat something you DO like.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Well, there is always the option of not eating it. If you do not enjoy something, you should not have to force yourself to eat it "just because".

What do you think about Greek yogurt?
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    LOL I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese. I do understand how some people would find the texture unappealing (like my husband)... but I still love it. :-)
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i read a recipe that said to change the texture, blitz it in a food processor to get a creamy textured dip. WRONG!!! hahaha!!!
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I think there is no in between with cottage cheese. You either LOVE IT! or HATE IT! Might be a texture thing. My mom absolutely loathes the stuff, but i can't get enough. It's good straight up, mixed with blueberries and Kashi, tomatoes and pepper, in smoothies, on potatoes, with a lil fruit preserve. Yummo!

You dont HAVE to like it, us cottage cheese lovers won't judge you TOO harshly :P
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    maybe a smoothie is not a bad idea.... i think the problem is it's baby-sick consistency and too sour taste. reminds me of when my babies were small... but not in a good way! :C

I'll be damned...I never would have thought anyone would think it was so vile, since I've always loved it. (But after this description, it may be awhile before I eat it again :wink: )
  • HoneyDijon
    Options
    I eat it right the the container if it was any smoother NO WAY lol. I also slice strawberry's and add raspberry's or blueberry's sometimes:) Hope this helped.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Why eat any calories you really really dislike? Find something else. It's not worth the heaving.