Shakeology - your opinions and feedback please

Options

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    It's a meal replacement shake. As long as you are not dependent on it for losing weight, there is really nothing wrong with it.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Why not stick to real food?

thats quite a rude response.

Have you ever thought that maybe their using a shake to just help them get extra minerals and vitamins?

Its not always about using a "quick fix" to lose weight.

Y U MAD THO?!

Its not that im mad its just that people post in forums to get HELPFUL opinions, not to get stupid remarks like "why dont you stick to real food"

confirmed for mad.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Also so you know ahead of time there are a few users who try to use this site to push the "product" they're selling, even though it's against the rules. Many of the positive responses you'll hear about various meal replacement shakes will come from people trying to sell one to you.

Unless you live in canada :)

then there is no way for you to even become one of the beach body coaches so i would think that your getting a truthful opinion
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Have you ever thought that maybe their using a shake to just help them get extra minerals and vitamins?

Lol the vitamin forms in ShakeO are garbage as is the ingredient profile
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Thank you for the unsolicited lesson in manners. It was an honest question based on the information(or lack thereof) in the OP, nowhere in my question did I imply the OP was seeking a quick fix - that's an assumption you're making......
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Shakeology is crap. If your diet sux, fix the diet.

Now, that is a rude response. But one I agree with. I thought Brian's was pretty tame and to the point. Maybe it's all that shakeology making you sensitive?
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I only eat things I can stick to for life. I have done powers and protein bars in the past but I prefer clean eating. I also do not believe in supplements unless you cannot absorb vitamins from your food. I don't like all the processed crap, why does everyone think we need it?. Our bodies do so much better on real food.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    As you can see there are a lot of people against Shakeology out here on the message boards, but I urge you to try it for yourself. I drink the Chocolate Shakeology for breakfast everyday with almond milk and blueberriies. It keeps me full till lunch time and I have also found myself eating better since I have started Shakeology. I have lost 20 pounds since January and still working on my goal weight. It is a journey not a dash. See how you like first before you discount it. My skin, hair and nails are also doing great since I started Shakeology!
  • BalenciaLynn
    Options

Thank you for the unsolicited lesson in manners. It was an honest question based on the information(or lack thereof) in the OP, nowhere in my question did I imply the OP was seeking a quick fix - that's an assumption you're making......

With the response that you gave is that not implying that you yourself are assuming they want a quick fix instead of taking the time to loose weight properly?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Have you tried it?

That's a stupid question. What does me trying a product that I know can't replace a balanced diet have to do with anything? If someone said eating paint flakes and kerosene was good for weightloss, would you try it? Probably not. A critical thinker would research the claims and make a decision based on that.
  • areittinger
    areittinger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I drink shakeology everymorning for breakfast. I work a full time job and a part-time job plus i have a 1 year old and i 3 year old. I have drank it everyday for the last 3 months. I feel as though it has helped me in alot of ways, 1) I am more regular. 2.) It provides me with all the necessary vitamins and minerals that i need for the day. 3.) It provides me with a natural energy that i require to get through the day. It has contributed to a 20 pound weight loss in the last 70 days or so. It may not be for everyone but if you can afford it and you like it why not?
  • BalenciaLynn
    Options
    I think that in general it may work for some people and it may not.
    But thats a decision they have to make for themselves.
    Its worth the try because your allowed to return it if it doesnt work for you and you get 100% of your money back even if the bag is empty
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    As you can see there are a lot of people against Shakeology out here on the message boards, but I urge you to try it for yourself. I drink the Chocolate Shakeology for breakfast everyday with almond milk and blueberriies. It keeps me full till lunch time and I have also found myself eating better since I have started Shakeology. I have lost 20 pounds since January and still working on my goal weight. It is a journey not a dash. See how you like first before you discount it. My skin, hair and nails are also doing great since I started Shakeology!

whitebreadloaf.jpg
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Also so you know ahead of time there are a few users who try to use this site to push the "product" they're selling, even though it's against the rules. Many of the positive responses you'll hear about various meal replacement shakes will come from people trying to sell one to you.

Unless you live in canada :)

then there is no way for you to even become one of the beach body coaches so i would think that your getting a truthful opinion

Yay canada! :) (BC girl)

and regarding shakes and suppliments it depends on the training your doing. For me I lift heavy and do a cardio I love to work out no less than an hour and a half a day its me "me" time but I take suppliments whey protein, bcaa's, clas. Because I am pushing my body hard and making sure I'm giving it what it needs and I firmly believe in them but this is all a matter of beliefs some people don't and some people do.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have never used Shakeology as its just too $$ im my opinion I do however use Jillian Micheals Whey protein powder. I wanted to up my protein on large workout days and this is a great way to do so. For me its not an everyday thing plus the brand I use can be purchased at walmart for 10.00 for about 1pound container mixes well with some almond breeze and frozzen strawberries yummy. I personaly would not use it as a meal replacement but it is great for added nutrition on days that I work out super hard.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    "Welcome to McDonald's may I take your order please?"

"Yes, I would like a chocolate shake please"

"Would you like fries with that?"

"Hell no, I am trying to lose weight!"
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I don't like Shakeology because of it's business model. It's multi-level marketing. Like Amway or Cutco. They recruit people to sell it rather than just selling it in stores. That leads to higher prices than necessary and friends turning into pushy salespeople.

I've never tried the stuff and I never would. Learning to get my nutrition from the foods I regularly eat has been an important part of learning how to manage my weight for life, not just for a few weeks.

This. Regardless of calories and taste and carbs cost, it really rubs me the wrong way that a company that was started to help people would choose this business model rather than simply making their product available and letting word naturally spread by word of mouth from people who believe in it?
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    confirmed for mad.

WIth all due respect, you are the one who sounds "mad". I hope you have a good day (seriously.)
  • BalenciaLynn
    Options

Have you tried it?

That's a stupid question. What does me trying a product that I know can't replace a balanced diet have to do with anything? If someone said eating paint flakes and kerosene was good for weightloss, would you try it? Probably not. A critical thinker would research the claims and make a decision based on that.

its really not a stupid question.
    If you havent tried it then stfu :)
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i got the chocolate ones from a friend to taste and i could not drink them they tasted horrible to me but a lot of people like them. In my opinion its like slim fast which is cheaper and the walmart brand tastes better lol