Haven't lost anything!?!?! :( :(

Options

Replies

• Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree. She obviously doesn't truly want the help.
  • jennis82
    jennis82 Posts: 76
    Options
    Really? I don't want it?? Have you not seen all of my 'thank yous' and "im going to increase this and that. I'm going to eat more fruits and veggies' Really? Oh well. Don't care! I haven't been in this b-chy of a mood in a long time! Guess that means I need to eat hu?? ;) I got it and I'm going to do it!! I'll pack some food to bring to work tomorrow, and so forth. But there's not a lot I can do at the moment concidering I'm at work = no food.....
    I'll get my goals and such worked out tonight:)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ok maybe I am going to take a different stance on you but thank you for having a public diary and BEING HONEST! I am a little shocked to see the responses you have got but also have been surprised that no one has said this yet. You started logging April 11.. There should not be any expectations for you to lose weight yet. You are not overweight to begin with so you are not going to lose the 5lbs a week that other people are capable of. I dont know how you were eating before you started logging but try looking for people with public diaries and seeing if you get any ideas for different foods you could try substituting. There are other people out there with kids that could probably help give you some ideas

No, but I was expecting at lest 2 pounds a week....and I started trying to lose this last bit before I started logging.

with how much you have to lose you should not expect more than 0.5lbs/week.
  • DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't do a whole lot of veggies and fruits, cause one, they rot before I eat them, two their expensive, and I hate waisting food... and I don't cook big meals and stuff cause it's just me. My 5 year old don't eat fish and salads, and stuff like that...he'll eat some but not enough for me to make a big meal out of it. And the left overs go bad:(

Really though? Sounds like a really long list of excuses to me! Moral of the story: Eat the fruit and veg before it rots. Ta-da! It's not rocket science.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    No, but I was expecting at lest 2 pounds a week....and I started trying to lose this last bit before I started logging.

You have your expectations set too high. Folks with 75+ pounds to lose can typically lose 2 pounds per week easily but for those of us with less to lose, it can take a lot more time. Reset your weekly weight loss goal (both mentally and here on MFP) to 1/2 pound per week. When you have less than 15 pounds to lose, this is the best you should expect if you're doing it in a healthy way.

I've got about 20 pounds to lose to get to my primary goal and I've been lucky if I can lose 1-2 pounds per MONTH!

Also just want to say, I really do hope you take all the good advice given here as you say you will. Those of us who are giving advice really do care and are trying to help.

It's so important to your health to fuel your body. Too many people mistakenly believe that just because they're skinny that they're healthy (my own hubby's one of these but he's starting to come around) but it's just not true! You don't have to stuff yourself with junk (there are so many yummy healthy calorie dense foods out there that can do the job just as well) to reach your calorie goals, or eat only fish/chicken/salads to lose weight... Think of this as a huge opportunity to do something really good for yourself, your future, and your son. This is the beginning of your education on how to properly take care of yourself. You may have been lucky enough to lose the weight by doing whatever you've been doing so far but obviously that's not working for you anymore... As a wise man once said - the definition of insantiy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

And, this may come off as a guilt trip but, if you can't do it for yourself, do it for your son. I'm sure he wants his Mommy around for a long time and you would be setting such a good example by helping him learn how to feed himself right as well. This is not just a short term thing to lose weight, this is good health/nutriton/fitness for the rest of your life.

Best of luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Regularly, yes. Which does not mean you have to eat breakfast. Your metabolism is not going to tank if you eat at 12:00 noon instead of 9:00 AM.

I am talking about the 1 meal. That is BAD advice.

why is that?

you would lose the same amount of weight eating one mean that is 1500 cals vs. 5 meals of 300 cals each, your energy may differ throughout the day, but we are talking weight loss. IF uses this approach, as do many MFPers with full on 6 packs that have read the studies and tried it out themselves. Not something I could do but some people swear by it.

Considering your body can only digest a certain amount of protein in one meal etc. Yea go ahead and eat 125 grams of protein but your body will only be able to digest a certain amount of it. The rest goes to waste. Calories are not the only thing that matter in a diet. All your other macros are just as important. Feed it all to your body in one sitting and yes some of it gets absorbed into the body, the rest goes right out the ****ter.. literally.

And how much can you digest at one time? Please provide peer reviewed studies that back up your claim, thanks.

Look at your hand....now make it into a fist......THAT is how big your stomach is!!!!! That is about the amount of food you should eat in a sitting so your stomach doesn't expand too much!!!! Smaller more frequent meals are better for you than one!!!! My mother is a personal trainer and I'm currently studying to become one as well!!! So don't try and tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about. If you have NOT studied up on this stuff then it probably isn't smart to be giving others advice about it. Just sayin'.

No offense, but you need to start researching studies and not broscience. Meal timing has been debunked for awhile by the NIH. In the end, your body will metabolize the calories the same if you eat 1 or ten meals. Also, look into www.leangains.com where people do a technique called interim fasting. It has provided some good results with people where they fast for 16-24 hours at a time but still get the same amount of calories required to maintain their body.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8399092?ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Eric has been spot on with all his recommendations, including the protein one. I just dont' have time to find the one or protein.
  • jennis82
    Options
    I don't do a whole lot of veggies and fruits, cause one, they rot before I eat them, two their expensive, and I hate waisting food... and I don't cook big meals and stuff cause it's just me. My 5 year old don't eat fish and salads, and stuff like that...he'll eat some but not enough for me to make a big meal out of it. And the left overs go bad:(

Really though? Sounds like a really long list of excuses to me! Moral of the story: Eat the fruit and veg before it rots. Ta-da! It's not rocket science.

Yeah I understand that, and it's not excuses. Sorry, but the bottom line is I don't get that hungry to eat all of it.. so that's my delima, do I eat anyways jsut to reach my 'goals'? Even if I'm not really hungry?
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    No offense but because you're eatting nothing but crap, and NEVER skip breakfast

^^^^^^Got to agree with this...you said it yourself you eat sweets...BUT....when you use that...you already know....Take a look at the eating sweetie....In most cases...always the problem..GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't read through all the pages, and this is sure to offend someone but - isn't the OP like 120 lbs. That would seem to me a very healthy weight even for someone who is not very tall. How thin is too thin. I guess it's a personal choice but my healthy advice would be EAT AND EAT HEALTHIER and quit worrying about being a size 0.
  • jennis82
    Options

You have your expectations set too high. Folks with 75+ pounds to lose can typically lose 2 pounds per week easily but for those of us with less to lose, it can take a lot more time. Reset your weekly weight loss goal (both mentally and here on MFP) to 1/2 pound per week. When you have less than 15 pounds to lose, this is the best you should expect if you're doing it in a healthy way.

I've got about 20 pounds to lose to get to my primary goal and I've been lucky if I can lose 1-2 pounds per MONTH!

Also just want to say, I really do hope you take all the good advice given here as you say you will. Those of us who are giving advice really do care and are trying to help.

It's so important to your health to fuel your body. Too many people mistakenly believe that just because they're skinny that they're healthy (my own hubby's one of these but he's starting to come around) but it's just not true! You don't have to stuff yourself with junk (there are so many yummy healthy calorie dense foods out there that can do the job just as well) to reach your calorie goals, or eat only fish/chicken/salads to lose weight... Think of this as a huge opportunity to do something really good for yourself, your future, and your son. This is the beginning of your education on how to properly take care of yourself. You may have been lucky enough to lose the weight by doing whatever you've been doing so far but obviously that's not working for you anymore... As a wise man once said - the definition of insantiy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

And, this may come off as a guilt trip but, if you can't do it for yourself, do it for your son. I'm sure he wants his Mommy around for a long time and you would be setting such a good example by helping him learn how to feed himself right as well. This is not just a short term thing to lose weight, this is good health/nutriton/fitness for the rest of your life.

Best of luck!

Thank you. You had a lot of good things to say, and was very nice about it:) I appreciate it:) And will take heed:)
  • psuLemon
    Options

Yeah I understand that, and it's not excuses. Sorry, but the bottom line is I don't get that hungry to eat all of it.. so that's my delima, do I eat anyways jsut to reach my 'goals'? Even if I'm not really hungry?
    No but you plan to eat higher calorie foods. Peanut butter, nuts, avocado, cooking in EVOO, protein shakes, protein bars, etc... are all good ways to get more calories.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Just skimmed through your diary, and I have a few thoughts.

The obvious is that you aren't eating enough.

The not-so-obvious is that you aren't eating enough proteins specifically, so you can't build muscle properly. Set your food diary up so you see Calories, Carbs, Fats, and Proteins. Try to get as close as you can to ALL of those numbers.

If you eat closer to what the site recommends, you'll give your body the building blocks it needs to build muscle, which burns calories. You'll also feel more energetic so your workouts will tend to be more intense and burn more calories.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ::::FACEPALM:::

this times 1,000....

you will get great advice on how to correct this, so i will keep my obnoxious mouth shut...just trust me on this, eat more.

Ditto
  • jennis82
    Options
    Sorry I didn't read through all the pages, and this is sure to offend someone but - isn't the OP like 120 lbs. That would seem to me a very healthy weight even for someone who is not very tall. How thin is too thin. I guess it's a personal choice but my healthy advice would be EAT AND EAT HEALTHIER and quit worrying about being a size 0.

Well, I used to be like 107-110, I would like to be 115-117 somewhere around there, but be healthy. I just got done seeing one girl on here and you can see her ribs and everything, she wan't to get down to 105! I saw one who's goal is 90!!! I'm like 'really?!' I like muscle too much, so I could nor would ever get down to that weight...but I see what you're saying, how thin is too thin?? I don't think I am or look unhealthy at 115ish...cause I have some nice muscle tone...but Idk, maybe I'll post some pics or something and let others judge....:>/
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I hate to judge and I'm really not trying to blast you because you've gotten enough of that already.

It seems to me you're afraid/uncertain to change your diet but the fact of the matter is it is absolutely necessary. My mom used to say "trash in, trash out" whenever I wanted to watch something bad on tv...it's the same with food. You have to make a conscious effort to incorporate more veggies, fruits, unprocessed foods, etc. Trust me- pot here, not trying to call the ketlle black. I'm working on cutting out the processed stuff too and it's a transition. I'm not saying go clear out your cabinets, but start moseying towards the produce section- look up some good quick recipes. There's SO many of them out there...You might have to force yourself to eat more but it's necessary. Areally good website if you need ideas of how to make healthier foods is skinnytaste.com. She uses lots of veggies and fruits and all that.

Good luck!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

But you're hungry enough to eat cake? This is probably why some folks have been less than positive on the this thread.

Seriously, make fruit a staple of your eating habits. If you want cake, substitute fruit w/ yogurt.

I can relate to the single mom thing, I did that gig for 6 years before I met my lovely husband.

Yea, it's tough, not impossible though. You just find a way to push through it.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Well, I used to be like 107-110, I would like to be 115-117 somewhere around there, but be healthy. I just got done seeing one girl on here and you can see her ribs and everything, she wan't to get down to 105! I saw one who's goal is 90!!! I'm like 'really?!' I like muscle too much, so I could nor would ever get down to that weight...but I see what you're saying, how thin is too thin?? I don't think I am or look unhealthy at 115ish...cause I have some nice muscle tone...but Idk, maybe I'll post some pics or something and let others judge....:>/

YOu say you have some muscle tone - do you know how much?
    what is your bodyfat%

you may already be at a healthy bodyfat% and striving for the impossible.

Try this - http://www.skinbodyfitness.com/bmr_bmi_bfp.htm
  • psuLemon
    Options

If you eat like you have been then say goodbye to your muscle.
  • jennis82
    Options
    how tall are you?

5'6''

And that's something I don't get. How come (like anyone knows) but woman around my hight if not shorter, weigh MORE and look a lot thinner then me!? Weird...