Let's QUIT the sweets!?

Options

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Word up. I hate sugar. I can't even tell you how much I hate it! Its in everything and it pisses me off.
    My next food goal is to try real hard to cut back on the sodium and sugar from my food. I'm gonna have to start gettin inventive. Any suggestions people?
    first off......u need to start by buying an apron........then i want to see u try and make your own loaf of bread......sugar free of course :laugh: then take pictures of it Lol......:wink:

as far as manufactured sugars goes....stay away from pretty much anything proccessed of course.... and eat homemade meals with sides of veggies and more veggies....
    p.s. there was a good thread on here about sugar it was a 1 and a half video....i'll try to dig it up.....really informative
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    me me me!! i wanna join!!!!! can i??? *puppy dog eyes*

Yes! :tongue:
    I :love: :heart: u brenda :bigsmile:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    lol damnit i've done three posts in a row.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM thats a good informative thing about sugar.....if u have the time watch it or skim through........ its quite long but really good and intresting
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Small victory today!

After 2 weeks of having moderate success avoiding processed sugars (the candy jars have been empty, which has helped a lot) the candy jars have been restocked! The musical tinkling of M&Ms filling the glass used to be the "dinner bell" that sent most of us in my office over to fill up on chocolate around the 3pm slump. Usually, I would have 5-20 M&Ms per day, or a mini candy bar or two. I would be good all day, and then hit that one stumbling block.

I told myself that today, I would not eat m&ms. (This is a huge deal for me...I am known for my sweet tooth! My motto has always been that if it has sugar in it, I'll eat it. :blushing: )

So far, so good. It is 4pm and I have not touched the jar! I can hear people right now huddled around the candy, getting their afternoon sugar fix. I will not succum to the chocolate! I've really kicked up exercise routine over the past 10 days or so, and it's inspired me to eat better as well. I'm already seeing pretty significant results and my clothes are more comfortable. When one can step away from the sugar cycle and see how much better it feels, it makes it easier to stick to the plan!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Small victory today!

After 2 weeks of having moderate success avoiding processed sugars (the candy jars have been empty, which has helped a lot) the candy jars have been restocked! The musical tinkling of M&Ms filling the glass used to be the "dinner bell" that sent most of us in my office over to fill up on chocolate around the 3pm slump. Usually, I would have 5-20 M&Ms per day, or a mini candy bar or two. I would be good all day, and then hit that one stumbling block.

I told myself that today, I would not eat m&ms. (This is a huge deal for me...I am known for my sweet tooth! My motto has always been that if it has sugar in it, I'll eat it. :blushing: )

So far, so good. It is 4pm and I have not touched the jar! I can hear people right now huddled around the candy, getting their afternoon sugar fix. I will not succum to the chocolate! I've really kicked up exercise routine over the past 10 days or so, and it's inspired me to eat better as well. I'm already seeing pretty significant results and my clothes are more comfortable. When one can step away from the sugar cycle and see how much better it feels, it makes it easier to stick to the plan!

Go join them with a yummy protein bar. And still get an energy snack. Maybe you can be the start to people turning away from the crap too! Good for you-may seeem small to some, but I KNOW how big of a step that was. I'm on day 9.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Do you count dark chocolate as sweeets?
    I've heard of people not eating sugar at all and thought "tought, but good". I'd like to try - I'll do it on my own for a bit and if I manage, I'll join you later :embarassed: .

Good one!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday- no sweets, but today was a terribly trying day, and I caved. Epically. :grumble: So, I had ONE day in, now I have zero days in. I shall give it another go tomorrow. :smile:

__

A square of dark chocolate a day is supposedly really good for you. If I could stop at a square, I'd eat a piece a day.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling about sweets (doughnut addict) was my downfall .... but since finding this awesome site i have not had any sweets .... when i get a sweet tooth i go for fruit or sugarfree jello with fatfree whip cream..... I WISH EVERYONE GOOD LUCK WITH THE DEMON OF SUGARY SWEETS!!!!:heart: Megan
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Me too! I can't eat that stuff in moderation. With me there is no such thing as, "I'll just have one."
    One triggers me to gorge, gorge, gorge. :grumble:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday- no sweets, but today was a terribly trying day, and I caved. Epically. :grumble: So, I had ONE day in, now I have zero days in. I shall give it another go tomorrow. :smile:

__

A square of dark chocolate a day is supposedly really good for you. If I could stop at a square, I'd eat a piece a day.
    1 square is good for you. That's actually something I can eat in moderation because I don't love it.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I am so glad yesterday is over and done with, and back to the challenge today!
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Do you count dark chocolate as sweeets?
    I've heard of people not eating sugar at all and thought "tought, but good". I'd like to try - I'll do it on my own for a bit and if I manage, I'll join you later :embarassed: .

Good one!

I started buying it unsweetened and eating 1 serving daily. That's my treat. If I'm feeling crazy, I'll go for 88% dark Hachez (German) or 90% dark Wawel (Polish).

Oh man it's coffee-like bitter bliss. Only for the true chocoholic, and that's me... :)
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I started buying it unsweetened and eating 1 serving daily. That's my treat. If I'm feeling crazy, I'll go for 88% dark Hachez (German) or 90% dark Wawel (Polish).

Oh man it's coffee-like bitter bliss. Only for the true chocoholic, and that's me... :)

What's 1 serving?
    As for the 1 suqare/day - this means I had my squares for until 2010 already :noway: :laugh:
    And yes, I also eat the dark chocolate to replace coffee. I think I'll give it up too, though.

Btw, the dark chocolate has been my only "sweet" stuff the past couple of days. 'Bout to be broken, cos I have quests and I made some tiramisu for tomorrow, which I'll want to test :blushing: (I plan to have just a bit, though).

I'm both scared and excited about trying this. Good luck, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • joa827
    joa827 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm in, I'll start Monday morning. Looking forward to the daily check in.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    So I was at Kelsey's for supper and of course HAD to look at the desset menu-with pics and all. I said they all looked disgusting at put it away. THAT IS SO NOT ME! I'm proud of myself, I've never done that before.:bigsmile: I thought chicken fajitas would be a good choice there, but seem to still have a lot of cals.:grumble:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know I said I was in before, but my motivation is finally back, and I'm in.

Seems like you guys are doing pretty well! Yay!
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    I had a very small piece of birthday cake last night. The icing tasted pretty gnarly so I tried to conceal I wasn't eating it by smearing it all over the plate.

Next time I'll just skip the cake all together. I don't care for it anymore.

But ice cream...different story.
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    Good job so far everyone! I have did good. . .only having ONE 100 calorie pack of cookies a day and then only on days that I'm really needing them. Not just eating them just because they're here!! And since you're all on this thread I'm sure you understand even though that's not COMPLETELY cutting out sweets that's HUGE for me!!! :smile: This is awful but sweets have been such an addiction for me I can have one Little Debbie cake or one brownie and it turn into the whole box or the whole pan or whatever the case may be! I've realized (as some of you have previously stated) that I am not craving sweets nearly as bad as I normally do since I've cut them out (well except for the 100 cal. pk occasionally)
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    once you stop for a while, the craving seriously goes away....i still love granola bars and fruits, but i do not eat icecream or cookies or anything like that and i am fine. i dont even want it anymore so be strong and you can do it!
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I found that as soon as I decided to give sweets up completely, they became all I could think about. Jeez, addicted much? I'm doing ok though- the day before yesterday, no sweets, yesterday I had half of a big turk bar, and nothing today (so far :wink: ).