Shakeology - your opinions and feedback please

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I have started reading up on Shakeology and am considering giving it a go - does anyone have any experience or feedback that they can share?

Thanks!

I signed up to be a beachbody coach because of the discount so I could get shakeology. It seriously is great! If you want more info please message me :)

Why don't you just share the info in this thread, can you answer my questions about it?

I was wondering how the forms of vitamins in ShakeO compare to some of the better multis out there, such as AOR Orthocore?

And since all their superfoods are in prop blends how do I know any of the ingredients are in efficacious dosages?

I have some more questions, but let's start with these

Write the company. I am not a doctor and do not claim to be. I am just trying to lose weight and get fit like the rest of us. These questions would be for a doctor or Team Beach body themselves. Thanks!

So what info would you give people if they messaged you, if you clearly don't know about the product?
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I have started reading up on Shakeology and am considering giving it a go - does anyone have any experience or feedback that they can share?

Thanks!

Why don't you just share the info in this thread, can you answer my questions about it?

I was wondering how the forms of vitamins in ShakeO compare to some of the better multis out there, such as AOR Orthocore?

And since all their superfoods are in prop blends how do I know any of the ingredients are in efficacious dosages?

Write the company. I am not a doctor and do not claim to be. I am just trying to lose weight and get fit like the rest of us. These questions would be for a doctor or Team Beach body themselves. Thanks!

So what info would you give people if they messaged you, if you clearly don't know about the product?

Like I said these are questions for someone with more knowledge of it. I am new to the beachbody community and all I know is what I read on the nutritional facts on the back of the bag and my own testimony with drinking it! The details are for a doctor to advise you on such a situation. I am just a coach. Please dont be rude to me and badger me with questions.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    To much $$$$$$$$
  • jenjen1018
    jenjen1018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is my opinion that there are better tasting products out there that can do the same thing for you. Have you tasted shakeology yet?
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have drank Shakeology and love it. It has kept me full until lunchtime and has a good amount of protein in it. I know that others say other drinks are cheaper, have more protein, etc. but for me, I love it and it's my first choice taste wise.
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I tried it, and I didn't like the taste. I'm currently doing Body By Vi and I think it tastes a lot better, and it's lower calorie. I still eat "real" food, and you can add lots of low calorie stuff to your shake.

I love Body by Vi and it does taste great! It's a tool like calorie counting, getting active etc...

17103848.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You know what keeps me full? Food.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Like I said these are questions for someone with more knowledge of it. I am new to the beachbody community and all I know is what I read on the nutritional facts on the back of the bag and my own testimony with drinking it! The details are for a doctor to advise you on such a situation. I am just a coach. Please dont be rude to me and badger me with questions.

So you are coming here advocating something you don't know much about? That says it all.
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I got a sample packet from someone and actually enjoyed the taste. However, it is way overpriced. I opted for the Arbonne protein shakes just because I hosted an Arbonne party and got 50% off my purchases and have been looking for a protein shake. I'm adding shakes in order to get to my calorie goal, because I'm typically way under it because I don't eat enough for how many calories I'm burning during exercise.

To each their own, but do your research on various brands to see where you're getting ripped off. There are so many options out there, Shakeology can't possibly be the only good one. Good luck!

And ignore all these rude people... Isn't MFP for motivation and support?
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Ready to become a Team Beachbody Coach?
    Get Started Now!

You're just moments away from becoming a more physically and financially fit you.

Sign up today and you'll get the Game Plan Tools Kit (a $29.95 value!) and Business Essentials Starter Program—all for just $39.95.

This equips you with all the materials you need to start your business successfully. Some of the advantages of being a Team Beachbody Coach include no inventory requirements, minimal overhead, and the ability to set your own hours. It's your business to run and your pace to set.

For your first 30 days as a Coach, you'll have access to your Coach Online Office, a personalized Coach web site, and a long list of helpful support tools to promote and manage your business right. After 30 days, you'll be automatically billed $14.95. Should you decide Team Beachbody isn't for you, you can cancel anytime to avoid future charges.

So the qualification to be a Beachbody Coach is an open wallet.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I got a sample packet from someone and actually enjoyed the taste. However, it is way overpriced. I opted for the Arbonne protein shakes just because I hosted an Arbonne party and got 50% off my purchases and have been looking for a protein shake. I'm adding shakes in order to get to my calorie goal, because I'm typically way under it because I don't eat enough for how many calories I'm burning during exercise.

To each their own, but do your research on various brands to see where you're getting ripped off. There are so many options out there, Shakeology can't possibly be the only good one. Good luck!

Is motivation and support more important to you than seeking truth?
  • MelodAngel
    Options
    I loved it! It was delicious! It kept me full for hours. I did not do it to necessarily lose weight, but did the shakeology program with a friend and I loved it :) It is yummy and so good for you!

Those of you who say we should just stick to food and home cooked meals etc, what would you suggest that would give as many health benefits as the Shakeology does? If you have something similar to the Shakeology drink you can recommend, I would love to try it, because Shakeology is super expensive. I tried it and loved it because I felt really healthy and it made me feel better all the way around. I would love to find a good protein powder or some other shake, because I loved the Shakeology but can't afford it, and it's much easier than eating breakfast :)
  • countrygirl_717
    Options

I think she's meaning people could post things in a kind and friendly manner. The person who posted the question obviously wanted opinions, but just because she didn't know something you did, or you know something about shakes that she does not, doesn't mean that your answers couldn't be posted kindly instead of treating her like she is dumb for asking the question in the first place. Let's be kind to each other.
    THAT'S what she means by motivation and support!!!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I use 2-3 protein shakes a day, usually before and after workouts, and I do one at night around 9 ish to kill any hunger lol. I find them very helpful and I log them, they usually take up about 1/4 of my cals for the day so I still have 3/4 to eat. If it works for you I say go for it! And I know some people who drink shakes like that as a quick breakfast in the morning.
  • Kenzieb07
    Options
    Not at all, but the way some people are responding is unnecessary. You can tell the truth without being rude, you know.

• Kenzieb07
    Options
    Exactly right... thanks =)

I think she's meaning people could post things in a kind and friendly manner. The person who posted the question obviously wanted opinions, but just because she didn't know something you did, or you know something about shakes that she does not, doesn't mean that your answers couldn't be posted kindly instead of treating her like she is dumb for asking the question in the first place. Let's be kind to each other.
    THAT'S what she means by motivation and support!!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    This topic has not been locked but is edging towards so I want to put a quick note up to remind everyone that there is absolutely no need to attack, insult, or hijack the thread. Posts that add nothing to the conversation except to be critical will be removed and the user warned. There is no issue with disagreeing and having a spirited discussion on the topic. The OP ask's a legitimate question and deserves legitimate responses even of the opposing opinion their is however a way to do this respectfully.

Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • shastapina
    shastapina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like it, I use it...never try to push it on anyone. Everybody has tried something at least once to see if it works for them or not. If you choose to try Shakeology, go for it. If you don't like it, return it and get your money back. That way, you will know for yourself if you want to continue to use it or like it or not :)
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This topic has not been locked but is edging towards so I want to put a quick note up to remind everyone that there is absolutely no need to attack, insult, or hijack the thread. Posts that add nothing to the conversation except to be critical will be removed and the user warned. There is no issue with disagreeing and having a spirited discussion on the topic. The OP ask's a legitimate question and deserves legitimate responses even of the opposing opinion their is however a way to do this respectfully.

Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Thankyou! I was badgered immediately just for posting something directed towards the member with the question!