Apple shaped people (again) Please post Before and After Pix

Options

Replies

• MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yes, could someone please explain 'apple'. I thought I was an apple but now I'm not so sure. My weight seems to go to my belly, below my bra on my back, and my arms. I've lost 25 lbs. and wear a '3x' in tops and a 'L' in bottoms. Is this apple?
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Im pear, regular breasts and waist but huge *kitten* hips and thighs. not very flattering
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • ivetteo21
    ivetteo21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for posting this thread. I have always tried to figure out what shape I am and now I know. I don't have any current pics to post but hopefully I will soon. :smile:
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm also an apple shape and I hatehatehate it :(
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yes, Apple shape is small arms and legs. You are shaped like an apple and carry your weight in the stomach, back, and sometimes boobs. The stomach is normally the last to go.
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump! I have always had muscular legs, no butt, narrow hips but plenty of fat on my belly and back. Please tell me I will get rid of it one day!

ugh you just described my body down to the tee
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple. Right now I'm 133 (5'2). But even 10 years ago when I was 115, I had that apple belly. But I was always "skinny fat." I hold out hope I can at least tone my abs and get rid of the love handles.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple. Right now I'm 133 (5'2). But even 10 years ago when I was 115, I had that apple belly. But I was always "skinny fat." I hold out hope I can at least tone my abs and get rid of the love handles.
    from the couple of pictures posted so far it seems like there is hope....we just have to work harder than the pear and hourglass shape...that sucks.
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bumping this to ask if any apple shaped women have found jeans they really like?
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread!!!

As for jeans, my favorite are Apple Bottom stretch jeans and there is no pun intended- lol! I knew I wasn't a pear shape, but didn't realize I WAS an apple until reading this. I've always had small legs and no butt or thighs, big boobs and all my fat I gained has always been under my boobs to my stomach and it got worse when I ended up having five hernia's when I got pregnant so now the one side of my stomach is always bigger than the other.. UGH!!!! I am loving the 30 Day Shred -it has really helped and I'm only on Day 4 of Level 2. I haven't taken any pics, though.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am also an apple. (mad at that) but from my research here on MFP, I have notice that strenght training plays a major factor at taking off belly fat or any fat for that matter. Which is a shocker for me cause I have always been in a CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO state of mind. I already have board shoulders so the last thing I wanted to do was pump some iron and get bigger. But I see now that it is still needed. I just started kettle bell traing this week, so hopefully i will soon be able to post some success pictures.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I always used to think I was an hour glass. Just recently, I learned that I'm not. Having big boobs and a big butt doesn't make you an hour glass. My waist doesn't really nip in at all - it's straight. I'm a banana! Great. I hate bananas LOL.

I am big all over, including my stomach. It has certainly decreased! Running over the last two months (or maybe a little less than that) has done the most to change my stomach! I don't have a good photo yet, but here are a couple decent ones:

Before:
    i-dhgHSQv-S.jpg

During (this was about 10 lbs heavier than I am now):
    i-DJ68xDv-L.jpg
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Can't post pics right now because I'm at work, but if you go take a look at the pics on my profile, you can see before and afters. I'm VERY apple shaped in my before pic, but, as I lose weight, I am becoming more hourglass. Still a long way to go, though.
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • genuinely
    genuinely Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! There is hope! lol

Thanks, everyone, for the inspiring before-afters.
  • genuinely
    genuinely Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can't post pics right now because I'm at work, but if you go take a look at the pics on my profile, you can see before and afters. I'm VERY apple shaped in my before pic, but, as I lose weight, I am becoming more hourglass. Still a long way to go, though.

You're doing great!
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple I guess, but I consider myself more of a tube, lol! When I started, my boobs, waist and hips were all the same measurements! My arms and legs are so disproportionately skinny!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!