Husband not physically attracted to me anymore

Options
Just wantedt to know if anyone else's weight has affected their marriage?

Replies

• gardengals
    gardengals Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Positive side effect of weight loss....better sex! LOL
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    (((((hugs)))))

Thankfully, my weight gain has not affected my marriage in a negative way. I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Ireally don't knw what to say except that you look like a beautiful woman and keep your head up. Do this for you and make him eat his words.
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    Have you talked to him about it or do you just get that feeling from him?
  • TainaLeirmoe10
    TainaLeirmoe10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is SO EFF'D UP!

If he cant love you at your worst, HE'S NEVER GOING TO LOVE YOU AT YOUR BEST! Remember that!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that though. I personally don't have that problem but I have friends who do. Someone who is not going to love you unconditionally is not worthy of being called a spouse/husband, and more importantly, is not worthy of YOU!
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I wasn't attracted to me anymore, and that affected my marriage. I have noticed a HUGE improvement for us since I started improving me!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    so he said..... I find it hard to understand conditional love. I loved my husband even when he was very large....I gained weight and he was cruel...I guess you have to decide how you want things to go. Maybe its an excuse,if you lose weight and things don't get better on his end,consider it 'not your issue' but his, but the benefit will be a trimmer you to tackle whatever is thrown at you. Best of luck. But please,don't take the burden of everything he says and carry it around with you. As I said..love is supposed to be unconditional.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    That is SO EFF'D UP!

If he cant love you at your worst, HE'S NEVER GOING TO LOVE YOU AT YOUR BEST! Remember that!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that though. I personally don't have that problem but I have friends who do. Someone who is not going to love you unconditionally is not worthy of being called a spouse/husband, and more importantly, is not worthy of YOU!

Where did she say that he doesn't love her any more?

He isn't physically attracted to her.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. Did he actually say this to you or can you just tell?
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    It did affect my relationship. I don't think as much on his end as on my end. I felt so unattractive that i didn't want to undress in front of him or have him see me without clothes on. I didn't even want him to touch me because I thought that he wouldn't like me since I have gained weight. He had never said anything negative about my weight gain. i think it was all in my head. Now that I have lost weight I am feeling more attractive so our relationship is getting better. I can wear my nightgowns and dresses again and not feel silly or unattractive in them.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Thankfully no. Even at my heaviest I couldn't get my husband off of me.

It effected our sex life because of my own insecurities though.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I wasn't attracted to me anymore, and that affected my marriage. I have noticed a HUGE improvement for us since I started improving me!

Mine did only because I wasn't happy with myself and would get so down on myself and insecure in our marriage thinking he was looking for other people....How you feel about yourself can really take a toll when your with someone cause you dont love yourself properly.
  • XxJulsSxX
    XxJulsSxX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    (((((hugs)))))

Thankfully, my weight gain has not affected my marriage in a negative way. I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Ireally don't knw what to say except that you look like a beautiful woman and keep your head up. Do this for you and make him eat his words.

I couldnt agree more xxx
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    did he actually tell you this?
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this!
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options

THIS!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid this thread isn't going good places :frown:

My input: my husband never notices when I gain weight. He also takes forever (~25 lbs this time) to notice when I lose. He sees me as the same woman he loves and married always. However, my weight DOES directly affect how I feel, and act, which in turn affects our physical relationship.

I'm sorry he told you he's not physically attracted to you after gaining weight. That must hurt very deeply.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i am sorry your dealing with this ..

i am lucky , i dont have that problem (even though im 100 pounds heavier)
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Thankfully no. Even at my heaviest I couldn't get my husband off of me.

It effected our sex life because of my own insecurities though.

^^ this. Although my husband is getting to be much more insecure since I've been losing weight.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Just wantedt to know if anyone else's weight has affected their marriage?

Your husband is a complete moron, you are gorgeous and he should feel lucky to have you! Who does he think he is? Channing Tatum? pfft
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to him about it or do you just get that feeling from him?

^This. I am sorry that you are dealing with this.