Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options
coloradotara
coloradotara Posts: 29 Member
I'd love to know what you guys make for breakfast in the mornings! I feel like I'm in a funk...I usually always eat my hot oat bran cereal with a banana or cereal with a banana. Inspire me!

Thanks!

Replies

• Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    Bump.
  • Auto_Shop_Mama
    Options
    My current go-to favorite is: 2 eggs ("fried" on a teflon pan with a smidge of cooking spray) ... then I put them on a plate, put a little bit of grated parmesan cheese on them and top them with slices of roma tomatoes! It hits right about 200 calories, so if you need/want more cals in the am you can add some whole wheat toast and I always add a cup of coffee to that! ;)
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 2 slices of bacon, 4 cups of raw spinach sauteed and topped with goat cheese and 2 scrambled eggs. Super tasty and less than 400 calories. I also drank about 6 cups of fresh ginger root tea that I sweetend with stevia.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have high fiber cereal, greek yogurt and fruit . Comes out above 400 calories but breakfast is my most important meal as it provides fuel for my workout a couple hours later :D
  • iTswape
    iTswape Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of oats
    An egg
    Frozen rasberries or blueberries
    mix together and zap in the microwave for 2 minutes

Top with 1/2 cup of yogurt

Super filing (because of the egg) a little bit sweet from the fruit and yummy.
  • eljulia
    eljulia Posts: 40
    Options
    My no-brainer go-to is 2% fat plain Greek Yogurt (i like Fage brand) with cut up fruit and some agave nectar for sweetener. Sometimes i add cereal with fiber. Love it and it sticks with me!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I often have a green smoothie (see the book or website of Victoria Boutenko) with a side of raw almonds and/or dates. Or I have peanut butter or almond butter and banana on sprouted grain Ezekiel brand bread. Another favorite of mine is veggie bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado on whole wheat or Ezekiel toast with mustard. Or a huge homemade fruit and nut salad sprinkled with ground flaxseed. I also like a variety of cooked grains - anything from oatmeal, quinoa, rice to grits or corn meal - which I will mix with nuts (e.g. walnuts, cashews, pecans, etc.) and dried fruits (e.g. raisins, dates, berries) for a sweet taste or with sauteed veggies and herbs for a savory taste. All of these are made without dairy or animal products.
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I do a Siggi's icelandic style yogurt (it's more or less incredible, try it) and a protein shake. Together it's 240 calories and 39g of protein. The last couple days, however, I've been jazzing it up (I'm ever so daring) with a tsp of jam and - most recently - half of a mini chocolate cheesecake. It's all of 294 calories and 43g of protein assuming I still have room for the shake!
  • texasheathers
    texasheathers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see this too - I'm sick to death of breakfast. I'm eating one slice of microwaved bacon and one egg and one slice of whole wheat toast. I'm quite sick of it. I'd love some new ideas so I'm anxious ot see what comes up. (OH - and I'm new here - this is actually my first post - lol).
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Portobello mushrooms, lightly fried in olive oil on gluten free bread with brown sauce... And mug of black filter coffee ... Delicious :-)
    I think it's around 370 cals....
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 4 cup (8 fl oz) 9 0 0 1 19 0
    Equal - Sweetener - "0 Calorie" Sweetener, 1 packet 0 1 0 0 0 0
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 1 large 92 0 7 6 94 0
    Thomas Bagel - Whole Wheat Bagel, 1 bagel 240 50 2 10 400 7
    Add Food Quick Tools 341 51 9 17 513 7
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    crossaint
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I usually always have 1/2 cup dry porridge oats, cooked with 1 cup of almond/soy/coconut milk depending on what I've bought (this takes about 3 minutes in a pot on the stove) then to that I add stevia for sweetness, ground cinnamon to control blood sugar levels and hinder cravings, and a chopped banana to get some fruit in! I sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the banana instead of mixing it into the oats as I love it that way! Also sometimes throw on top some fresh berries when I have them, walnut pieces or chopped almonds, and I'd have some grapefruit (fresh) and coffee on the side :) Very delicious and filling!
  • alliegeorge
    alliegeorge Posts: 114
    Options
    Most mornings I just have a bowl of Oat-so-simple Honey & almond flavour porridge :)

That or 2 slices of seeded brown bread - with a bit of butter.
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    porridge and a glass of 100% fresh orange juice
  • amysaurus
    amysaurus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I grate an apple in to 50g of porridge oats and around 30ml of skimmed milk. Mix it around and let it steep for 5 minutes (enough time to brew and make a cup of tea!) and then add 70g of fresh raspberries and a dollop of low fat yoghurt. It's fresh and tasty and only around 300 calories.
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    I usually have a poached egg on toast or a crumpet with olive oil spread, and a cup of tea. Comes out at 226ish to 260ish depending on the crumpet or bread. The protein in the egg definitely keeps me feeling fuller for longer.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    wholemeal english muffin (not sure if that is what you call them there?) topped with a few thin slices of cheese & tomato. Or I use ricotta or cottage cheese.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    1 egg omelette with pepper with a slice of munster cheese melted over it and folded to fit on an english muffin, yummy!! About to eat mine right now =]

320 calories, because I cook with margarine instead of cooking spray
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    1 full egg mixed with 2 egg whites, a cup of sliced mushrooms and 60g grated cheddar made in to an omlette - 380 Calories - REALLY filling, stays with me for hours!