Confessions....

Options

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I confess I went over board on my sodim and fat today the papa johns and the candy bar but wat the heck its the weekend baby :laugh: :laugh:
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I confess that I went to Applebee's tonight.
    :(
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    bump
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have been eating like a maniac lately. :sad:
  • dlestermfp
    dlestermfp Posts: 106
    Options
    I confess that I went to Applebee's tonight.
    :(

That isn't automatically bad. Grilled Chicken Chili Lime Spinach salad, or the Grilled Shrimp Spinach Salad. Both are under 300 calories, though the latter has bacon on it.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This forum makes me feel human... I read (on this site) about diet soda cupcakes so I made some this weekend. Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix, with Diet Cherry Dr Pepper soda, and the sugar free cool whip mixed with sugar free pudding for the frosting... well I think I gave away about 8 cupcakes and I ate the rest in two days. There should have been approximately 20-22 cupcakes made but my daughter and I ate a lot of the batter... it was so good... it tasted like chocolate covered cherries. So, just because the calories were only about 110 cal each does not mean I can have 5-7 in one day!!! It didn't seem like that much until I did the math! I seem to have NO CONTROL when it comes to chocolate anything. :sad:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    This forum makes me feel human... I read (on this site) about diet soda cupcakes so I made some this weekend. Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix, with Diet Cherry Dr Pepper soda, and the sugar free cool whip mixed with sugar free pudding for the frosting... well I think I gave away about 8 cupcakes and I ate the rest in two days. There should have been approximately 20-22 cupcakes made but my daughter and I ate a lot of the batter... it was so good... it tasted like chocolate covered cherries. So, just because the calories were only about 110 cal each does not mean I can have 5-7 in one day!!! It didn't seem like that much until I did the math! I seem to have NO CONTROL when it comes to chocolate anything. :sad:

I put mine in the freezer so they stay fresh, and that way I have to go to the trouble to thaw them before eating one! they stay nice in a lunch box that way too! But really that thaw time gives me the "do you really want that cupcake?" moment!
  • klaflamme
    Options
    Awesome idea... thank you!!!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Awesome idea... thank you!!!

that way you can have your cupcake and eat it too!:laugh: :laugh:

The freezer is the cold conscience part! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • klaflamme
    Options
    On a different note, my sister-in-law froze her credit cards in water. I thought that was a great idea but it didn't take too long to de-thaw them in hot water... LOL. Shhhh... don't tell anyone... j/k... yeah my brother would kill me if she found out!!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I just jumped up and danced 5 minutes full tilt to Dont Stop Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson.

Thanks Mikey for the cardio break:flowerforyou:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I confess that my husband & I ate the last bad thing in the house tonight... frozen Bertolli pasta... the chicken & spinach one. I ate about 1/3 of the bag & 1 breadstick - hubby had the remainder & 2 breadsticks (we had 3 in the freezer).

I guess I confessed for him too! :laugh:
  • Merv268
    Merv268 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Confess... I have not cheated since January and I have made up for it three nights in a row! 1600 cal a day ! So, band wagon tomorrow with an 8km run! I gotta loose 10 before Vegas baby:):)
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    I confess that when the school cafeteria is serving absolute crap...I tend to run into the arms of my one true love...ZAXBYS! ....but since the new semester has started I haven't gone...not even once! woot woot oh and its good to indulge once in a while...I call it my "twinkie" theory...inspired by my best friend who just loves those little heart attacks in a wrapper. I told her...eat a twinkie when you crave one...because eating a 200 calorie twinkie isn't as bad as eating a butt load of celery, yogurt, a hunderd calorie snack, and whatever else she may consume trying not to eat the one twinkie...so in the process you have eaten like six hundred calories instead of 200...so just eat the twinkie once in a while! LOL
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I confess I had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast...a sausage egg cheese croissant instead of the flatbread egg white sandwich, a donut, and an iced coffee.

Which means I also confess that today is my day to call an "off day".

yesterday I had a club sandwich and a salad and a few fries all day and probably walked for 3 hours so...Im gonna call the weekend even no matter what I eat today! :devil: :laugh:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    :drinker: We make wine in the basement and buy grapes from califorinia in the fall, you wouldn't believe how sweet those little buggers are!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Is anyone ever going to confess as to why grapes are bad? :angry:
    I'd like to hear about that too?! I eat a lot of grapes.

I found this on a website:

Grape greatness

How can grapes be both a favorite of mine and be on my "ten most wanted" list of food criminals?

Well, I already explained why I don't like grapes: They're bad for you - both from a health standpoint and from a fiscal point of view. However, one of the world's healthiest and most purely beneficial substances would not exist without them…

Of course, I'm talking about wine.

Ironically, it is the very thing that makes grapes such a poor choice for a food (the fact that they're mostly sugar) that makes wine even possible. You see, the sugars in grape juice are what vintner-added yeasts feed upon during the wine-making process. The by-product of this low-level metabolism of sugars is alcohol. And as you've heard me say about a million times before, moderate consumption of alcohol is a great boon to your health on many levels.

It isn't just me saying that, either. Study after study have shown this to be true, but especially so for wine. Even the medical mainstream has grudgingly accepted what's known as the "French Paradox" - the fact that the red-wine-gulping French live far longer and enjoy lower incidences of major health problems than people in many other advanced nations. This, despite their rich, carb-heavy diets and propensity to chain-smoke full-nicotine European cigarettes.

Why is this? Back to the good ol' grape.

The skins of red varieties of grapes contain powerful antioxidants called polyphenols. These have been shown in much research to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke - and may even have a cancer-preventive benefit, as well. When red wine is made from these grapes, those potent antioxidants remain, along with a nice shot of healthy alcohol in place of the harmful sugar that was once the grape's downfall as a food.

Therein lies the real "paradox." In order to make grapes into a healthy food, you CAN'T EAT THEM.

You can only drink them. And you should. Every day.

Tipping a glass to your good health,

William Campbell Douglass II, MD

PS: I have to mention this for all you animal lovers out there. Dogs love grapes and raisins but they are deadly to them. They cause renal failure. So make sure to keep them out of paws way!

:drinker: We make wine in the basement and buy grapes from califorinia in the fall, you wouldn't believe how sweet those little buggers are!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I confess.....I'm obsessed with going to wineries!!!
  • incorporeally
    incorporeally Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am majorly addicted to caffeine in it's many forms...Pepsi, chocolate, coffee (with lots of sugar and milk), etc...and that I officially can not last the day without at least one can of Pepsi. I actually routinely delegate my calories so that I have enough left over for soda.

I also had a bowl of Lucky Charms this morning...
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I confess that I drank too much this weekend, yuk...and topped it off with eating crap because I was out of town and didn't have too many options :embarassed:
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I confess that I went over my calories by a lot. :sad: I'm so embarrased that I can't even say how much.