Hundred Pushups Group - Starting TODAY!

Options

Replies

• Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm in too! I really need to work on upper body strength, and this will force me to do those dreaded push ups. I'll do the initial test in a bit!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Doing it. For sure.
    Just lemme get my run in first.
    Just finished the initial test. 34 no nonsense pushups before collapsing halfway on the 35th. Alright. I start week three then.. Should I start later today when I'm feeling less tired? Tomorrow? Is there a significance to when you officially start?

I would give yourself a day of recovery time, just like any other major muscle group. Going til muscle failure can lead to a whole lot of soreness tomorrow.
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    Ok, so I just finished 24 push-ups... I may have been able to do one more but.... my arms feel really jiggly!! LOL
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about trying this for months now, so I figure now is as good a time as any to start. I can do about half of one in good form :grumble: so I'll be starting Day 1 with the knee pushups.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm in! Rank 1...:laugh:

Mary
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey msarro! Thanks for starting this up again. We had a group going for a long time in Motivation & Support, but it fizzled out. I have been working on the program on and off for (wait for it) over a year now. I started off able to do only ONE pushup on my toes. So I started on my knees. Eventually I started over on my toes. I actually fought my way through the WHOLE program (repeating many, many weeks - many, many times), and finally got through a hundred.

Then I realized that even though I was on my toes, I wasn't really going all the way down to the floor. It was more like halfway down - maybe even less towards the end of long sets. So I started over again on week 1, on my toes, going all the way to the floor. I'm now back up to week 4 on level 2. I've been repeating every week until I can get through it reasonably well on level 3.

I've realized that pushups are really a full body exercise. A lot of times, my abs and legs are sore afterwards, as well as my arms and chest. My chest is still my weak spot - my arms got pretty strong the first time through the program, but my chest muscles still have a way to go!

Anyway, I'll do mine today and report back in a few! Thanks for the accountability.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Initial test put me at level 1...I'm using full form pushups...I remember how good my arms were looking last time I took the challenge...I'm praying I stick with it this time...
  • schlieffen
    Options
    I'm in! I'm going to be doing girly pushups to build at least some upper body strength. I'm in at rank 1
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK - I just did week 4, level 2, day 1:
    26 (minimum 25)

I am trying not to pause too much during my sets - but I still had to pause once during the last one. But, I'm happy to be back on a MWF schedule.

Happy pushups, all!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I just did week 1, day 1 and it was the girlie push-ups and I hurt, hurt, hurt. I am so out of shape, UGH! Oh this is going to be interesting.
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    I have been doing week 3 level 2 for the past two months. I noticed dramatic improvement when I first started, but I have since tapered off and just can't seem to do any more than I am doing right now. It has made a clear difference in the sculpting of my arms, chest and shoulders, but the notion of actually ever doing 100 pushups seems like a near impossible goal.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm game. I've always wanted to be able to pump out an impressive number of push ups.

However, I can't even do ONE regular push up. Not even one!! I'm surprised. I don't remember them being this hard. So, I'm starting with the modified ones. Gotta start somewhere, I suppose.
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am in! Started yesterday did 10 in the test....then went ahead and started the program. I thought my arms would be really sore today, but they aren't. I didn't wait the full 60 sec. between sets..maybe I need to move up??
  • Landon669
    Options
    Did 35 on my initial test last night. I'll have to look at where I'm at and start from there. I'll get you a report tonight on how it goes since I'm not too sore this morning...later in the day may be a different story though.
    Landon
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Started w1 d1 this morning doing the mid range pushups on my knees.

Sherri
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    My first initial test ended with my children wanting to wrestle, which I don't know how many calories that burns but it has to be a lot.

I made it to Level 3. I'll probably start the actual work outs on Monday just so they line up with a week.

I remember a couple a wrestling practices in HS where we did in excess of 500 push-ups. But that was 14 years ago. So I know 100 is an atainable goal.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Ugh, so starting with the perfect pushup thing is kicking my butt. I know standard pushups I can do about 16, with the perfect pushup I was only able to manage... 7 :embarassed:

I'll be going with that though, that contraption works sooo many muscles. I highly recommend.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    My arms feel great today, I was worried for nothing! YEAH!
  • denitchy
    Options
    My arms feel great today, I was worried for nothing! YEAH!

I know what you mean... My arms are fine but my chest is a little tender... LOL
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    I was going to start yesterday, but didn't get home until after 9pm last night. So no motivation to get those push-ups in. I had done the initial test last week and did 10 on the toes, so that puts me in rank 2. Will get my w1 d1 in when I get home. :smile: