40s - anyone else?

Options

Replies

• HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and am often told I don't look old enough to have an 18 and a 15 year old....but then they clearly aren't looking at anything other than my face :laugh:

I'm finding it hard to take weight off and slim down. I'm trying not to make the excuse that I'm getting older and my metabolism is slowing down, but it's tempting to believe that!

No matter, I don't want to spend the rest of my forties hiding under lots of layers of clothing so I'm making sure I work up a sweat at least 4 days a week and am trying to find that happy calorie intake range that will banish my wobbly bits....two things I didn't really focus on in my thirties.

Always happy to talk to others in their forties who don't feel a day older than 20 inside :smile:
  • martinarowson
    Options
    Hi, I am new here. Please feel free to friend me. I too, have discovered that it's alot harder to take off and keep of the weight after 40. I'm 44, married for 22 years and have two sons in college and a teen daughter. I love to hike and walk with my dogs for exercise. Looking for friends on here for motivation. :heart:
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and have been fat since I was about 7YO, so if my metabolism changed I didn't notice it.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    More then welcome to add me I am 40 will be 41 in July wishing you the very best in your journey
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Hey,45 here.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    43 here. The forties seems a lot younger than I thought they would; I'm hoping something similar happens to the 50s.
  • tangtang00
    Options
    Oh boy I hope so! That would be nice.
  • michalebsdad
    Options
    I am 43 and will turn 44 in August! Feel free to add me too.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    43 here. The forties seems a lot younger than I thought they would; I'm hoping something similar happens to the 50s.

Agree and it is going to be a fantastic decade :)
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    At 41 I felt like I was 62, at 42 I feel like I am 22!!:happy:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Lordy Lordy im effin 40!
  • GoodIntentions2012
    Options
    Love this topic! It's nice to hear I'm not alone in the fight against a slowing down metabolism! I'm turning 45 this year but I won't give up this battle!! I want to be in great shape by my birthday...wish me luck! :)
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'll be 48 in 2 weeks, with a daughter who just turned 2 last week. I certainly don't act or feel as if I'm that old, and I'd like to get in much better shape so I'm not as tired all the time. I crave naptime much more than my baby does! Anyone can feel free to add me...I need all the encouragement I can get, and I'm on here every day if anyone else needs some motivation.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 today! :drinker:

A couple of years ago I realized that I looked heavier in photos, and I didn't like it! It dawned on me that I was gaining a few pounds every year, but not doing anything about it other than buying bigger clothes! So about two years ago I decided it was time to do something about it. I had tried just walking, 2miles, then 3 miles and more, but I wasn't seeing any results. At some point I decided I needed something I could do at home since I didn't want to pay for a gym membership that I might or might not use, and I'd usually give up on walking during our blazing hot summers here in central California (didn't much care for walking in our damp foggy winters, either!).

So I got myself the 30 Day Shred (can 't remember where I heard about it) and started tracking my diet on another website. What an eye opener! :noway: I thought I was eating pretty healthy, but was surprised to see how little protein I was getting, and how many carbs, fats (not the good kind) and all the sodium! Oof.

Since starting my journey I've fallen off the wagon a few times, hit my goals, set new goals, lost weight and gained a little back. I've lost 20lbs since I started the whole process, and changed tracking sites a few times before landing here at MFP, which has been the absolute BEST! I've got a few more pounds to go to meet my current goal, but love how far I've come and how much stronger I am now. I feel great!

Here's to healthy and fit living in our 40's! :bigsmile:
  • greenglow
    Options
    44 here
    You look so very young...
    :)
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    42 here feel free to add me peeps, I try to friend people somewhat close to my age, us 40 folks need to stick together!
  • prudolph69
    Options
    I am 42, will be 43 in Aug - When I turned 40 I got a divorce and I weighed 289 - I am down to 190 and want to lose 40 more. I am loving the new me!

I LOVE BEING IN MY 40's. Would love to have some accountability partners
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    At 41 I felt like I was 62, at 42 I feel like I am 22!!:happy:

41 here too and I felt the same way about feeling old. Working on feeling like I'm 22.
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello I just turned 42 and I understand what you are talking about. I have my first child at 38 and still fighting to get my weight off.
  • Funkmeister_t
    Options
    Hi. Turned 40 in January and had babies at 36 and 37. I got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight after my 2nd daughter fairly quickly, but over the past year somehow I gained 20 pounds! Lost 7 so far and feeling MUCH better. Feel free to add me. We need to stick together!