Am I using him?

Options

Replies

• jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    In my opinion, you're probably passing up the opportunity of a lifetime. I didn't read all 4 pages of the posts, so sorry if I'm repeating someone. But you're probably passing up a guy that worships you and will do anything for you. What's so wrong with being with him? Years from now, you could regret not trying something with him. I never understood that one. What's wrong with this guy?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you're probably passing up the opportunity of a lifetime. I didn't read all 4 pages of the posts, so sorry if I'm repeating someone. But you're probably passing up a guy that worships you and will do anything for you. What's so wrong with being with him? Years from now, you could regret not trying something with him. I never understood that one. What's wrong with this guy?

It's kind of been said...but you're still right. The thing is she made it clear she's not interested, so we're sort of going off of that lol.
  • orangelillypad
    orangelillypad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have mercy on the guy and let him lose. Tell him that you will NEVER EVER feel that way about him. I hate being on the chain of "maybe in the future". Even if you feel that in the future you might change your mind, for now just tell him that there is no way you'll ever be with him and cut him lose completely. Dont call him unless you want to date him
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

It's kind of been said...but you're still right. The thing is she made it clear she's not interested, so we're sort of going off of that lol.

well this opens another can of worms, but if he started treating her like cr@p she might get interested. Women dont want nice guys, they want bad boys they can turn into nice guys.
  • jaydubbayu
    Options

well this opens another can of worms, but if he started treating her like cr@p she might get interested. Women dont want nice guys, they want bad boys they can turn into nice guys.

Yup if he was a total prick she'd already be married to him and have 3 of his @ssh0le children!
  • iam_thatdude
    Options

Yup if he was a total prick she'd already be married to him and have 3 of his @ssh0le children!

I think you mean her ahole children, BUT....I wouldnt go that far, she would probably move him out of the friend zone at least.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

I find nothing wrong with nice guys.

With that being said, there's a difference between a man with confidence and the ability to take care of what's his and a jerkface who just likes treating women like crap cause he can.

I avoid confident men though due to my own lack of confidence.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Make your intentions clear, then if he still wants to hang with you, do it. I've found some of my best friends, male and female, that way. And they know there is no chance, ever of anything like hat happening with me.
  • jaydubbayu
    Options
    Yeah I guess so.. I think she's hiking on her own from now on, or at least should. She should hook her up with some slut, quite frankly so he can get himself a little action.. Then he'll realize that he can get some action somewhere else, too. She probably wouldn't do that though.. She'll claim that it's WEIRD!!!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Definitely another can of worms lol.

But, I will say this...there are no bad boys you can turn into nice guys. Any bad boy that becomes a nice guy was always a nice guy...he just wised up to the fact that nice guys finish last...and switched sides awhile!
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    What did I learn today?

1. Even though it wasn't my intention, I'm using my friend
    2. I'm a douche for it
    3. I'd be a more decent person had I just had a sugar daddy
    4. apparently I'm into bad boys and it's not possible to simply not be interested in this guy because he's not my type; it MUST be because he's nice
    5. I only posted this so that people could tell me that what I'm doing is okay, and so that I can keep using my friend
    6. Even though I've decided to stop hanging out with him, number 5 still applies
    7. Flying squirrels are, in fact, real (but this one was from the discovery channel)
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Yeah I guess so.. I think she's hiking on her own from now on, or at least should. She should hook her up with some slut, quite frankly so he can get himself a little action.. Then he'll realize that he can get some action somewhere else, too. She probably wouldn't do that though.. She'll claim that it's WEIRD!!!
    This is why I'm friends with you lol
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

But, I will say this...there are no bad boys you can turn into nice guys. Any bad boy that becomes a nice guy was always a nice guy...he just wised up to the fact that nice guys finish last...and switched sides awhile!

The nice guys get sidelined into the "Friend Zone", out of the game... and then the women complain when they can't find any nice guys in the game.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    What did I learn today?

2. I'm a douche for it
    4. apparently I'm into bad boys and it's not possible to simply not be interested in this guy because he's not my type; it MUST be because he's nice
    5. I only posted this so that people could tell me that what I'm doing is okay, and so that I can keep using my friend
    6. Even though I've decided to stop hanging out with him, number 5 still applies
    7. Flying squirrels are, in fact, real (but this one was from the discovery channel)

LOL =D.

You forgot one:

'8. crisanderson27 has faith in me'

=p
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    What did I learn today?

2. I'm a douche for it

FANTASTIC #7...I have to admit I spit out my water laughing
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

I agree wholeheartedly! My husband was just like the friend you are describing, OP, and he treats me like a queen and I can't imagine anyone possibly loving me more than he does. Maybe you should think about going on some sort of actual "date" with this guy...it does sound like you enjoy his company...:flowerforyou:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    <Insert kitchen joke here>
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Well if nice guys came with 30ft of rope and a ball gag then maybe I'd be more incline to subduing to their every need. But sadly nice guys don't believe in tying tiny women up and teaching them to be a good little sub girl
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

The nice guys get sidelined into the "Friend Zone", out of the game... and then the women complain when they can't find any nice guys in the game.
    Wrong. I married a nice guy. It wasn't worth it.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Well if nice guys came with 30ft of rope and a ball gag then maybe I'd be more incline to subduing to their every need. But sadly nice guys don't believe in tying tiny women up and teaching them to be a good little sub girl

Some do...if that's what you're into lol.

A real nice guy wouldn't be drawing lines as to what's acceptable bedroom behavior, unless it involved excessive pain, or could land him in jail =p.