Women when its that time.....?

Options
When its that time of the month do you still work out? Alot of women have advised me not to but they also have never worked out a day in their lives so I wanted some of the opinions of the ladies her on MFP.

Replies

• Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't work out during tom.... I do. It's a non-issue.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Running actually really helps my cramps. I have found that nothing else but running helps, so I think I work out more. :) I have never heard that you shouldn't. I guess I have never asked though?
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    That's the best time to work out.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely yes.

If anything, I need the additional calories so that I could properly justify stuffing my face with deliciousness. :blushing:
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I do tend to have less energy at this time, but I still do something active. Taking a walk is far better than sitting on the couch eating a bag of Doritos.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Running actually really helps my cramps. I have found that nothing else but running helps, so I think I work out more. :) I have never heard that you shouldn't. I guess I have never asked though?

It's an old wives tale that you shouldn't work out. But amazingly my entire gym class was OTR the weeks that we had swimming in high school.
  • angie_sample
    Options
    you def. can workout at any time during ur cycle. Actually i would suggest u workout, it really helps with cramps adn it shortens your periods. On the first two days of my cycles i get pretty bad cramps so i go as hard as i can when i workout which isnt quite as hard as normal but do the best u can. :)
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    yep. im extremely sporty. and am taking part in something every day of the week. nothing will stop me MWHAHA
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!! It helps with cramps! If you are concerned, take it slow at first, but then kick it into high gear!!!
  • sjwhite7
    sjwhite7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Working out helps with my cramps too. It also helps with my energy because during that time I feel blah. I also use it as a way to not think about chocolate. LOL
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Why re-post something that is in the forums 100000000000000000000000000 damn times?
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    The day after vampire awareness week starts I usually try to. The first day it's this: "Oh my God, my fountain of youth is flowing out and I feel like I'm dying on the inside" is pretty intense. Or that could be cramping.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    No. Don't work out, you will die.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. I mean I wouldn't go swimming or anything lol but there's no reason not to
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely yes.

If anything, I need the additional calories so that I could properly justify stuffing my face with deliciousness. :blushing:

This Exactly...
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    It is you period, not an apocolypse. The world will not end.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Way to dismiss my advice, Ang.
  • amandalfn
    amandalfn Posts: 24
    Options
    I always feel a thousand times better when I am at that special time of the month. I find it helps with my camps and ups my energy. If I didn't go to the gym I would be sitting at home watching Tv or eating popcorn so it's a win win to me. Plus, when you are working out you drink more water so I feel more flushed and cleansed :)
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My TOM doesn't really affect me in terms of cramps anymore (since I was prescribed the pill), but if I do feel uncomfortable, a yoga and muscle workout would be a good idea.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

Way to dismiss my advice, Ang.

:flowerforyou: