"Meat and potato" man-approved recipes?

Options

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Chili, stew, or chowders are great ways to get your veggies, but still eat meat and potatoes. My husband doesn't eat a lot of veggies either, but he's a grown up, that's his choice. I'm not going to force-feed him something he doesn't want.
  • TracyTucci
    Options
    bump
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later (I have a meat and potatos kid)
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump =)
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Bumping for Ideas!!!! Thanks for Posting!!!
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to look at some of these recipes posted.

We do a lot of chili in the cooler months, have had luck with beef stew, love meatloaf (I usually do half lean ground beef and half ground turkey).

And, now that it's grilling season, we made lean sirloin steaks on the grill on Friday evening with a nice salad on the side. We skipped the potatoes this time, but last time we made mashed potatoes on the side...I just have a smaller portion.
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great topic! Can't wait to get some new recipes:)
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    tag ^_^
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Look for the Tosca Reno eating clean for men it's next on my list for recipe books for my husband who is came from a meat and potato kind of family.
  • fvgirlca
    fvgirlca Posts: 10
    Options
    bump
  • moorilla
    moorilla Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone! I will definitely be trying a lot of these recipes out on him!
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Not really potatoes but my hubby is a pasta freak. We tried this one actually with lean ground beef, and he loved it!
    Oh, and he's never been over 140 pounds in his life, so the word 'diet' is foreign to him.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Enchilada-Stuffed-Shells/
  • Kulli1
    Kulli1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My fella is the same, so his parents used to put what they called 'Stelth veg' in things like shephers pie, curies, etc. Basically they cut things up very small so he didn't notice them and couldn't take them out, gradually they got bigger and bigger and now he will have tomatoes, onions, peppers and mushrooms in things, fajita, stirfrys, still small chunks though.

Bizzarlly he's always like califlour cheese but not califlour on it's own!!!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I've had to ditch beef while dieting, unless it is ultra-, ultra-lean. I basically stick to chicken or pork chops, baked in an oven with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and maybe a little thyme. Try to use little to no olive oil.

As for potatoes, just boil some small red ones, maybe a little butter or oil, but I usually try not to.

My favorite to have with meat is a veggie cooked with tons of onion / garlic / shallots. Brussel sprouts, chopped up, cooked with shallots is incredible. Green beans cooked with shallots is incredible. Broccoli cooked with onion and garlic is incredible. I just chop things fairly small, cook them in a fry pan with a minimal amount of olive oil.

A plate of a baked pork chop (actually pretty lean and low-cal compared to most tasty cuts of beef), with brussel sprouts / shallots and some boiled red potatoes is amazing and filling. Especially with a glass of red wine!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • truss25
    truss25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i made a taco turkey loaf just the other day and man was it yummy.... everyone made it disappear

1lbs ground turkey
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2cup of green pepper
    10 saltine crackers
    1 packet of taco seasoning

bake in oven on 350 for around 40 min and enjoy
    will make 4-5 servings