Ladies - Would you date someone who is divorced?

Options

Replies

• DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter if all women would or even most women would. All that matters is the RIGHT woman for you definitely would.

If a woman wouldn't date me just because I'm divorced after all those years and have a couple of lovely daughters, she just saved us both valuable time and I thank her for it. :)

Moving on . . .
  • MuseumOfAsh
    Options
    No.

Because I date to get married, and I am not promising "till death" to someone who has already illustrated that marraige doesn't mean that.

What if the person was divorced because, say, their spouse beat them? Or their spouse stole all their money and ran away? Or their spouse cheated on them and left them? Just because someone is divorced doesn't necessarily mean that marriage vows mean nothing to them.

I see no problem dating someone who was divorced. Not marrying someone who had a marriage fail isn't any different than not dating someone because they had a past relationship that failed. Marriage is more serious, but it's the same concept. You date people who have broken up with SO's in the past, why not marry someone who has been divorced? Their being divorced doesn't automatically make them a bad person who isn't worthy of being in a relationship or being loved.
  • dragonsheart84
    Options
    I married someone who was divorced. It was a toxic relationship that he had to get out of. I wouldn't change him for the world. We make each other better people.
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well no, my husband would hardly approve. But if I were single? Sure. Extra points if the person could be civil to the ex.

:laugh:

I agree with this
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I would and have. He turned out to be more high maintenance than my 2 year old so that was the deal breaker!:wink:
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I would. I am unfortunately working on my second divorce now due to some bad decisions on my part and thinking people could change. But I have been dating the guy I am with for 6 months and I have never been happier. I think things happen for a reason...and as long as we learn from the divorce than it's okay...
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Of course I'd date a divorcee.. I am one myself. Remarried now.. but I would have been upset if I couldn't date again after my divorce as I was only 24.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    As you get older I am not so sure I would date someone who hasnt had a commited relationship.. So divocred is no big deal at all.. Unless there was some off the wall reason a guy was divorced..
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've tried and it hasn't worked out. Especially if there are children in the picture.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    yes. everyone deserves a shot at true love x
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    It depends on the situation.

Are their children involved? How recent was the divorce? What were the circumstances.

Under most circumstances I would, but I don't want to be a part of a relationship where there's going to be constant drama with the ex. I want to date the man, not the man and his ex wife.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter if all women would or even most women would. All that matters is the RIGHT woman for you definitely would.

If a woman wouldn't date me just because I'm divorced after all those years and have a couple of lovely daughters, she just saved us both valuable time and I thank her for it. :)

Moving on . . .

Agreed!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Of course, why not?? If you're compatible with each other........
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Yes, but never with kids under 18. And if he's been divorced more than twice :wink:

This. My husband was divorced and had an 18month old. It was very difficult.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Well, I am 23 years old and just got married in October to my amazing husband who had been divorced when we starting dating. We also dated for four 1/2 years before we got married.

I am an 'old soul' so that may have something to do with it but it seems VERY judgmental and narrow minded to rule someone out simply because they have been divorced.
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    I met and started dating my husband when I was 21 years old, he was 26 and he had been divorced for a few years with no kids. He didn't have any emotional baggage - just a normal guy!

Having ~no~ emotional baggage isnt normal!!
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well no, my husband would hardly approve. But if I were single? Sure. Extra points if the person could be civil to the ex.

^^^^^This...I dont see a problem with someone being divorced
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yes - this is my first (and only) marriage and my husband's second. My husband and I did talk about his first marriage a few times and he admitted things that he done wrong and mistakes that he made - I thought that was huge especially since some of the mistakes he made placed him in a bad light. For me I think it would throw up red flags if someone said they were 100% innocent (although every circumstance is different). Also, there is a child involved so its not like we don't ever see his ex, etc. however, her and I get along better than the two of them do.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    As a divorced lady, yes, I would. Kids are the tricky part. I don't have any and am glad my bf doesn't either.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    After a certain age, it's almost impossible NOT to marry someone that's not been divorced before. Man or woman.

The divorce rate is 50%.