Guys, how young is too young in terms of dating?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• smiles4deb
    Options
    Looks like you ain't riding then! LOL

some day...but maybe MY OWN.... :tongue:
  • melj6807
    melj6807 Posts: 34
    Options
    One person being under 21 and the other person being over 21 definitely can play a major factor in just everyday activities. I agree that it is all about maturity, but someone who is eager to grow up too quickly can often have a "freak out" later in life and regret all the decisions they've made in life including the person they are with. This is a tough one.
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i'm 18, my fiance is 10 years older than me. been together almost a year and a half! couldn't be more in love!
    age is just a number.
  • wildearthmama
    Options
    When I started dating my current husband (of 3 1/2 years), I was only 19... and he was 47! ;) It's worked out so well because I'm an old soul, and he's a young soul. I appreciate his experience, wisdom, and insight, and he appreciates my energy, fresh perspectives, and youthful exuberance. I wouldn't have it any other way! Of course, that doesn't mean it'll work for everyone. I think it's very important for a young woman to know what she wants before she gets into a relationship with an older man.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Age isn't important to me. It's all about maturity. My husband is about a little over 3 years older then me. I know that's not a lot, but we have been together for almost 10 years. I met him right before I turned 15 and he had just turned 18 a month before. We've been together ever since! :)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yea im 26.. and my boyfriend is 25 but he cheated on me with his friends mom 3yrs ago and she was 15 yrs OLDER than him!!!!
    idk to me thats just nasty!! um but apparently its the "THING", as Ashton kutcher was younger w/demi moore.. And J-lo now dating a 25yr old.. o MY GOD! WAT are ppl thinking!!!???!!! the lowest I will go is maybe within a 4yr. difference any more than that and its TOO MUCH!! Sucks u look older tho, thats not always a good thing... I love lookin young :)
  • jleslie66
    jleslie66 Posts: 31
    Options
    I would date someone who was 18 as long as we are compatible. I dont see age unless you "act" it! i am attracted to who I am attracted, small large, young old, what does it matter if the person you date makes you happy? I am currently 46, and over the course of my life I have dated many ages, shapes, sizes, colors, professions, political affiliations etc... I can never recall asking a woman her age before I asked her out! my partners have ranged in age from 18 to 50+ and all have been special to me.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Sucks u look older tho, thats not always a good thing... I love lookin young :)

It doesn't suck and I didn't say I looked old. I said generally people think I'm between 21-25. I look young, but I don't look like I'm a teenager. It's not like I have crow's feet...
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and 18 is as young as I would ever go!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Sucks u look older tho, thats not always a good thing... I love lookin young :)

It doesn't suck and I didn't say I looked old. I said generally people think I'm between 21-25. I look young, but I don't look like I'm a teenager. It's not like I have crow's feet...

No, my bad I didnt mean it to come off as an insult.. I still dont know why u would like to look like 21-25.. im 26 and ppl never think im this old lol.. cuz isnt it the older you get, the younger you would actually like to look? not older.. idk thats just me tho I like to still get carded and strangers say I look like im 19 but im 26 feeels good. My bad again tho sorry.. wasnt tryin to come off mean or nuthin
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    half your age +7 = good to go.

^This
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been out of the dating game for 18 years now... My wife is 6.5 years my junior. I would not have likely dated an 18 year old past about 21 or 22... Just because the life changes that occur at that age. As I got a little older, that datable range widened a little bit to the point that I married my wife when I was 33 and she was 26 (almost 27).. By that point, we were both settled and had pretty much become the people we were most likely to become.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    As a woman who was 18 and had a kid with someone who was 28, As a mother of a 17,18, and 19 year old and as an instructional assistant working in the schools I say absolutely no way should a 30 year old date an 18 year old.... course the law says different.
  • muffindowd
    Options
    I didn't read through all the responses, but felt compelled to respond to you for two reasons...reason 1 is that I LOVE New Girl :). Reason 2 is...I met my husband when I was 19 years old. He was 29 years old. We have been together for 8 1/2 years, married for 3 1/2 years. I think everyone is different and age is just a number...people mature at different rates. My husband and I are total soul mates and couldn't deny our connection. It took us a long time after meeting to start dating because we both wanted to be respectful of our age difference/my parents, but I can't imagine my life any other way. My parents were not on board at first of course, but the second they met him they really embraced him into our family. I will say that I have always been mature for my age, and every situation is different, but I don't think 18 is too young to date someone in their twenties.