I hate water

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

WTF??
    Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't.

Not to mention that artificial sweeteners trick your body into thinking it's getting sugar and then when it doesn't get any it can go a little haywire! Some people also believe it stimulates your hunger hormone.

Better to avoid them if you can.

As well as beer, which completely dehydrates you. I'm sorry, but I just cannot believe someone actually justifies that ANY beverage is hydrating. WOW.
    Woo, and i thought i was quite blonde ha!

Well why don't you all take it up with the Mayo Clinic because they believe it does.

If you've found support for the Mayo Clinics findings on this, please I'd like to see it. Being totally serious, I'd like to see proof of this.

Are you saying you don't consider the Mayo Clinic to be credible in the area of nutrition and health? Because if not, who would you consider a more respected source?

Or are you saying there are no links to the Mayo Clinic's support of this? Because those links have been posted in this thread more than once.

Here are two, just in case you aren't able to find them without a map.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinatehttp://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283d-drinks/AN01661
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

Big talk from somebody who is very WRONG on who they are quoting. Again, it was not me who was involved in this argument.

They are not even refering to your posts, so why are you getting so defensive about it? Where did they insinuate it was you??

Exactly my point. she said I said these things, so I told her to quote me, and she posted these, which I did not say. That's why I'm defensive.

Take a deep breath......she was big enough to apologize, and yet you still needed to make some sort of point - which I am not exactly sure what it was because I cannot really understand what you are saying.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

WTF??
    Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't.

Not to mention that artificial sweeteners trick your body into thinking it's getting sugar and then when it doesn't get any it can go a little haywire! Some people also believe it stimulates your hunger hormone.

As well as beer, which completely dehydrates you. I'm sorry, but I just cannot believe someone actually justifies that ANY beverage is hydrating. WOW.

Well why don't you all take it up with the Mayo Clinic because they believe it does.

If you've found support for the Mayo Clinics findings on this, please I'd like to see it. Being totally serious, I'd like to see proof of this.

Are you saying you don't consider the Mayo Clinic to be credible in the area of nutrition and health? Because if not, who would you consider a more respected source?

Or are you saying there are no links to the Mayo Clinic's support of this? Because those links have been posted in this thread more than once.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinatehttp://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283d-drinks/AN01661

Big talk from somebody who is very WRONG on who they are quoting. Again, it was not me who was involved in this argument.

This looks like the Mayo Clinic. Who do you contend it is?
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Fizzy drinks and beer are water with stuff added. If you said "fizzy drinks and beer don't hydrate you," you have said "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water." How do you think they make "fizzy drinks?" I'll tell you. They take water, and they add stuff to it. Are you now claiming that who adds the stuff matters? If I add it at home it's not harmful, but if say, Pepsico adds it, it is?
    Ok so your saying a whole load of stuff that i havnt even said. You seem pretty determined to carry on this pointless argument, well im not retaliating so please just give up trying to say that i said this, that and the other when i quite clearly havnt.

do you even know what you're saying?

"Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't."

How do 'these other drinks' not have the same benefits as water if they're just water with stuff added to them? You are saying that by adding something to water, it takes away the benefits.
    I don't know why you keep quoting the same line i said, pretty sad actualy. And at what point did i say that adding things to water takes away the benefits?!? I said that water has tons of benefits that other drinks don't, duhhh! So if i was to drink a big glass of water and then a big glass of full fat coke, im sure it doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell me which is going to be a lot better for me.

You are saying that other drinks don't have the same benefits as water
    Because other drinks are just water with things added, that means you are saying that adding those things takes away the benefits

Or in other words, you don't have a clue what you're saying. Just like how you said you were going to leave this thread 20+ comments ago.
    Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.

Again, you don't seem to understand your own words. If they don't have as many benefits, then they don't have the same benefits. If I have 3 apples and you have 5 apples, what we have is not the same. We are not equal. Water, on the other hand, is equal to other beverages. Unlike us.

Yeah, unlike us, because it was NOT ME who said that. You are quoting a girl with the screen name Charloo something. That was not me who was arguing that issue. I knew you were confusing me with somebody else. Go back and re-read the thread and you will find that it was not me (jpuderbaugh) who said that.

And I didn't reply to you, unless you are the person who wrote. "Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.". That is who was quoted, that is who was replied to, and it was replied to from the exact post it quotes. I don't believe that is you. I KNOW it wasn't a reply to you, because I clicked "Quote" from HER post, NOT yours. That is in fact why I always include the prior quotes--so it's clear what is being replied to. So what is your issue with this reply?

I told you to quote me saying these things, and you went back and found posts that said these things, and quoted them after I told you to prove me wrong. What else was I supposed to believe? It didn't make any sense to me why you would go back so far and quote an old post if you weren't responding to me. How was I supposed to know that you didn't think these were from me if you posted them after I challenged you?
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    add fresh fruit to your water. Lime, lemon, orange, strawberries or cucumbers. It helps
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on why you don't like the water. I used to hate water too. Then I discovered that not all water tastes like the icky crap I get out of my kitchen faucet. Even with a water purifier it still tastes and smells awful. So instead I buy Nestle Pure Life water. In a study of the different waters out there, Nestle Pure Life was the only one awarded top grades for purity. It tastes COMPLETELY different than the tap water at my house. Perhaps try that? And make sure it's very cold. It's best that way. :)
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • FitLink
    Options

WTF??

They are not even refering to your posts, so why are you getting so defensive about it? Where did they insinuate it was you??

Exactly my point. she said I said these things, so I told her to quote me, and she posted these, which I did not say. That's why I'm defensive.

So you're saying that you assume everything I reply to anyone on this thread is directed at you?!? You've taken two posts to other people, and CLEARLY at other people, taken offense, then suggested YOU'VE been abused? Please report me. Let a moderator determine whether I have abused you in any way. I have apologized for thinking you posted the reply about caffeine and muscle cramps I can't find. I have no problem with a moderator determining if I have behaved inappropriately.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    You could always do what I do- drink your water in 16 oz at a time while you surf the internet or read a book. :smile: just like eating crisps, you don't even realize how much you're drinking, but a lot healthier.

Another thing you could try is drinking it with 0 cal drink mixes.

Also, my mom told me just like yesterday that anything with water counts. Unless it has caffeine in it. SO coffee is out, even if it's black. ):
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I, risking the lashing I am about to get, just don't understand how one can HATE water. It is tasteless...it is just a simple drink...no taste, no calories....I am really confused how one can hate it?

Now, would you RATHER have soda or juice or coffee or tea? Sure, maybe....but does that mean you really HATE water??

Dunno...I just think you need to suck it up, drink it....you will learn to love it. When I go a day without my 100+ ounces, I FEEL it!! Crazy...I used to drink diet soda like it was going out of style...now I rarely drink anything but water. Go figure.
  • Azreal71
    Azreal71 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes, try the mio energy liquid water enhancer's. The black one's have caffiene and the silver has none... I personally love them! they are kinda expensive ,but well worth it. I use a 20 oz. bottle and about 2 squirts make a perfect drink for me. You can add more or less for taste. I'm with you on the water thing and this has made a great substitute for me. I have given up pop and these are pretty much all i drink. Give them a try and good luck , i think they will work for you. (you can find them at meijer or walmart).
  • FitLink
    Options
    I think it depends on why you don't like the water. I used to hate water too. Then I discovered that not all water tastes like the icky crap I get out of my kitchen faucet. Even with a water purifier it still tastes and smells awful. So instead I buy Nestle Pure Life water. In a study of the different waters out there, Nestle Pure Life was the only one awarded top grades for purity. It tastes COMPLETELY different than the tap water at my house. Perhaps try that? And make sure it's very cold. It's best that way. :)

Agreed that not all water tastes the same, though there has beena lot of argument about that on this thread. But why would the healthiness of water be dependent on why you didn't like it? I'd thinkmthatnthe healthiness would be independent of its taste.
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    I think water is an aquired taste. I sometimes put lemon in mine, but I really like it super cold! My dad HATES water and uses the mio.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    People can argue till they are blue in the face (OR blue in the quotes! LOL) about health benefits vs. risk of drinking water vs. soda or any other drink. It is one of those age old topics....

( I have seen what soda does....for goodness sakes, it can clean your engine or your toilet bowl LOL.)

Seriously, if you won't drink water, then by all means, hydrate however you can...but stay hydrated. Just know there are smart ways to do it, and some, eh, not so smart ways.
  • jpuderbaugh
    Options

WTF??

So you're saying that you assume everything I reply to anyone on this thread is directed at you?!? You've taken two posts to other people, and CLEARLY at other people, taken offense, then suggested YOU'VE been abused? Please report me. Let a moderator determine whether I have abused you in any way. I have apologized for thinking you posted the reply about caffeine and muscle cramps I can't find. I have no problem with a moderator determining if I have behaved inappropriately.

Like I said, you posted these quotes after I told you to quote me saying these things (which I didn't). How was I supposed to know that you didn't mistakenly think I had said these things? I do not assume everything is directed at me, I thought that you thought I said those quotes. And I never claimed I was abused either.
  • hllewellyn
    Options
    I use to dislike water as well. I thought that drinking diet sodas would help with weightloss, but I have found that to be the opposite. I was not losing weight. I made myself drink it and sometimes added fresh squeeze lemon juice to it helped a lot. I also found that I craved water the more that I drank it.
  • FitLink
    Options
    Fizzy drinks and beer are water with stuff added. If you said "fizzy drinks and beer don't hydrate you," you have said "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water." How do you think they make "fizzy drinks?" I'll tell you. They take water, and they add stuff to it. Are you now claiming that who adds the stuff matters? If I add it at home it's not harmful, but if say, Pepsico adds it, it is?
    Ok so your saying a whole load of stuff that i havnt even said. You seem pretty determined to carry on this pointless argument, well im not retaliating so please just give up trying to say that i said this, that and the other when i quite clearly havnt.

"Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't."

How do 'these other drinks' not have the same benefits as water if they're just water with stuff added to them? You are saying that by adding something to water, it takes away the benefits.
    I don't know why you keep quoting the same line i said, pretty sad actualy. And at what point did i say that adding things to water takes away the benefits?!? I said that water has tons of benefits that other drinks don't, duhhh! So if i was to drink a big glass of water and then a big glass of full fat coke, im sure it doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell me which is going to be a lot better for me.

Because other drinks are just water with things added, that means you are saying that adding those things takes away the benefits

Or in other words, you don't have a clue what you're saying. Just like how you said you were going to leave this thread 20+ comments ago.
    Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.

Again, you don't seem to understand your own words. If they don't have as many benefits, then they don't have the same benefits. If I have 3 apples and you have 5 apples, what we have is not the same. We are not equal. Water, on the other hand, is equal to other beverages. Unlike us.

Yeah, unlike us, because it was NOT ME who said that. You are quoting a girl with the screen name Charloo something. That was not me who was arguing that issue. I knew you were confusing me with somebody else. Go back and re-read the thread and you will find that it was not me (jpuderbaugh) who said that.

And I didn't reply to you, unless you are the person who wrote. "Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.". That is who was quoted, that is who was replied to, and it was replied to from the exact post it quotes. I don't believe that is you. I KNOW it wasn't a reply to you, because I clicked "Quote" from HER post, NOT yours. That is in fact why I always include the prior quotes--so it's clear what is being replied to. So what is your issue with this reply?

I told you to quote me saying these things, and you went back and found posts that said these things, and quoted them after I told you to prove me wrong. What else was I supposed to believe? It didn't make any sense to me why you would go back so far and quote an old post if you weren't responding to me. How was I supposed to know that you didn't think these were from me if you posted them after I challenged you?

You were supposed to believe that I was replying to the posts I replied to. To reply to you I will hit "Reply" or "Quote" on YOUR post. That's how it's done. Am I not ever to post to anyone else again unless/until I reply to you? No one else misunderstood this. I have done nothing wrong here. I've apologized for anything I did wrong, and if you think I'm going to apologize because you assume every post that comes after yours in time is directed at you, that isn't going to happen. I am not wrong here, you are. Often replies don't come next to each other, not just this time but all the time, and as I said, I ALWAYS include what came before so it's clear what it's in reply to. As I said, let a mod sort it out. I did not do anything wrong. Report it.
  • FitLink
    Options

WTF??

Like I said, you posted these quotes after I told you to quote me saying these things (which I didn't). How was I supposed to know that you didn't mistakenly think I had said these things? I do not assume everything is directed at me, I thought that you thought I said those quotes. And I never claimed I was abused either.

It's not uncommon for things to be posted after someone asks for something, and it doesn't mean it's in reply to it. I apologized for the only thing I did wrong. If you want something more about this issue, report me to a mod. I didn't do anything wrong. No one else is unclear as to who those other posts were directed at.
  • jpuderbaugh
    Options

You were supposed to believe that I was replying to the posts I replied to. To reply to you I will hit "Reply" or "Quote" on YOUR post. That's how it's done. Am I not ever to post to anyone else again unless/until I reply to you? No one else misunderstood this. I have done nothing wrong here. I've apologized for anything I did wrong, and if you think I'm going to apologize because you assume every post that comes after yours in time is directed at you, that isn't going to happen. I am not wrong here, you are. Often replies don't come next to each other, not just this time but all the time, and as I said, I ALWAYS include what came before so it's clear what it's in reply to. As I said, let a mod sort it out. I did not do anything wrong. Report it.

But like I said, I thought you mistakenly thought I had posted those comments you were quoting. That's all. I'm sorry I misunderstood, but I had told you to go back and quote me saying those things, so I thought that you mistakenly thought I had said them.

And I was telling you, in no uncertain terms, that it was not me who was involved in that conversation, because I assumed that you thought it was me who was involved.
  • corrinnalynn
    Options
    I hate water to..so I add a packet of crystal lite to mine..pink lemonade is yummy :flowerforyou:
  • rachaelrahn
    Options
    Try adding Mio to your water. It is drops of flavoring and can be bought at Target or Walmart. Add as many drops as you like (I usually do about 3 short squeezes). I hate water too and this makes you forget you are even drinking water! I've gotten everyone addicted to it. Best part... its ZERO calories! So much better than crystal light or adding fruit.