Apple shaped people (again) Please post Before and After Pix

Options

Replies

• striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    WOW! Right now I still look like your top picture (well sort of same shape, but bigger since I still weight a bit more than your starting weight). You second picture is what I want to look like! You look fantastic! Just out of curiousity, when you dropped all that weight, were you able to tone the skin in your stomach region? Mine already looks horrible, and I am not even halfway there yet.

Thank you!

My stomach is definitely a work in progress. I still have a pooch going on but for the most part my body did pretty well with the elasticity. My stretch marks have been the worst. I mean they aren't too noticeable color-wise but they've made my skin a bit wrinkly towards my pooch where there are a lot of them. I think with more toning I will be able to fix that and achieve a flatter stomach. Every pound now though is really affecting the way my stomach looks.

I guess it truly depends on the elasticity of your skin, but regardless, if you work on toning it will be better for you.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    An apple group was recently started: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4657-apple-orchard
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I, too, am apple shaped :( It sucks! But, with hard work we can change it, ladies! We just have to work a bit harder than women with the other shapes. I would KILL to be a cute little pear shape and I can't even IMAGINE being a va va voom hourglass. Those chicks don't know how good they've got it, I swear lol. I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVDs at home and also spin class twice a week and I've about got mine worked off. Still working on toning up more though.

Here are my before and afters, we CAN get rid of our bellies!!

Janprogress.png

and more recently
    photo20.jpg

Sorry to butt in to the thread, guys, but you ^ don't look like an apple! You look like a pear.
  • diamondclear
    diamondclear Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I, too, am apple shaped :( It sucks! But, with hard work we can change it, ladies! We just have to work a bit harder than women with the other shapes. I would KILL to be a cute little pear shape and I can't even IMAGINE being a va va voom hourglass. Those chicks don't know how good they've got it, I swear lol. I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVDs at home and also spin class twice a week and I've about got mine worked off. Still working on toning up more though.

Janprogress.png

and more recently
    photo20.jpg

Sorry to butt in to the thread, guys, but you ^ don't look like an apple! You look like a pear.

You look great! You did an awesome job:)

And she did look an apple before!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Great Job everyone!
  • Labriska
    Labriska Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple...started MFP in March, since then I've lost 5 inches on my waist and 3 off my hips..my waist is always the first to go then i start looking like celery lol...happy to have found this thread.... you ladies look great and it gives me hope...also i was wondering is it possible to move from an apple shape to an hour glass as the fat comes off??
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Bless you for posting this.....
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Interesting article that I read on diff. body shapes that I wanted to share.

Gok's Styling Tips1. Styling is all about wearing clothes to balance out your frame and help create the enviable hourglass silhouette, because this is the shape most manufacturers use as their blueprint for their designs.
    2. Hourglass ladies should look out for structured jackets - they will give your shoulders more definition, pull you in at the waist and skim your hips.
    3. A waist-cinching belt will work wonders to help define the waist - ideal for apple, slender and boyish (athletic) shapes.
    4. If your shoulders and bust are much wider than your bottom half, Gok classifies you as top heavy. If this is you, don't hide behind shapeless smock dresses. Show off your assets with a dress that highlights your slim waist. Pleated details in a skirt or trousers will help balance out your bust. (A top heavy body shape shares the same principles as an inverted triangle: read more about the inverted triangle body shape.)
    5. Broad-shouldered girls should steer clear of strapless dresses. Instead, opt for a cap sleeve or a little strap to give the optical illusion that your shoulders are closer together.
    6. Halterneck dresses will make your shoulders look bigger. Top heavy or inverted triangle ladies should steer clear but they are ideal for pear shapes as they will help balance your slim shoulders and wider hips.
    7. Scooped and cowl necklines will flatter big boobs. Show off your assets and draw attention upwards, away from a broader bottom half - ideal for apple and pear shapes.
    8. If the widths of your shoulders, hips and waist are all the same then Gok classifies you as having a boyish figure. A boyish body shape is similar to the slender and athletic body shapes. The key here is to create curves for a more feminine look - asymmetric lines and pleating details will help achieve this.
    9. Hourglass girls can use a belt to create a contour line around the waist. Wear a belt in a contrasting colour to the rest of your outfit - it will highlight your waist and show off your shoulders and legs.
    10. Wearing matching coloured tights and shoes will elongate your legs, making you look taller and slimmer.
    11. A sweetheart neckline adds another curve to a boyish (athletic) figure - it will give you the bangers you've always dreamed of.
    12. If you're top heavy (inverted triangle), close fitting tops can add bulk to your upper torso. An empire line will work well - it pulls you in at your narrowest point, just below the bust.
    13. Wide-legged trousers will balance out broader shoulders, great for top heavy (inverted triangle) ladies.
    14. If you're pear shaped, avoid tops that cut off at the hips. Instead, choose frocks with wide straps which will balance out your bottom half.

15. A waterfall jacket will drape over your torso but nip you in at the waist.

16. A peplum detail on a skirt will enhance the curves of an hourglass figure.

17. Top heavy girls can get away with plunging necklines to show off your bangers and balance your frame.
    18. Petite girls should look for ways to lengthen your limbs - try tucking a caridgan or shirt in to high-waisted trousers to elongate your frame.
    19. Wearing one column of colour through your outfit will help narrow a stocky frame.
    20. V-necks are great if you've got big boobs as it helps lengthen the upper body. Combine with wide-legged trousers to balance balance out top heavy frames.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    I too am apple shaped bump
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bump! i'm also an apple and the pics are so inspiring
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    tumblr_m2kq5mls8K1qhcb6mo1_500.png
    tumblr_m2kq5mls8K1qhcb6mo2_r3_500.png
    WOW...thanks for sharing. This is amazing. Such motivation!!!!!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    << I was diagnosed with PCOS and am "naturally" apple shapped.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Janprogress.png

and more recently
    photo20.jpg

Thank you!! oh and to the previous poster, I wish I was a pear lol. I have skinny skinny legs and a tiny butt. Gain all my weight in my belly and back and a little on my arms/boobs.
  • striveforhealthy
    Options
    tumblr_m2kq5mls8K1qhcb6mo1_500.png
    tumblr_m2kq5mls8K1qhcb6mo2_r3_500.png

WOW! Right now I still look like your top picture (well sort of same shape, but bigger since I still weight a bit more than your starting weight). You second picture is what I want to look like! You look fantastic! Just out of curiousity, when you dropped all that weight, were you able to tone the skin in your stomach region? Mine already looks horrible, and I am not even halfway there yet.

Thank you! My stomach is still in need of toning. It's getting better though, especially with every pound now it's making a difference. I think it has to do with the elasticity of your skin and how well it will bounce back. But working on your stomach through out your weight loss will definitely help you. I wish I started earlier lol.
  • striveforhealthy
    Options
    WOW...thanks for sharing. This is amazing. Such motivation!!!!!

Thank you!
  • diamondclear
    diamondclear Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Janprogress.png

and more recently
    photo20.jpg

Thank you!! oh and to the previous poster, I wish I was a pear lol. I have skinny skinny legs and a tiny butt. Gain all my weight in my belly and back and a little on my arms/boobs.

Haha I wish I was a pear too !:(
  • sharisuethompson
    Options
    Hi Ladies I am an apple shape and I hate it.. I have been overweight since I was a child. I weigh 174 and am 5 foot 4. I had a Heart Attack last Feb 14, 2011 at the age of 47. I will be posting here before and after pictures... For me losing weight is a must!
  • sharisuethompson
    Options
    Um Ladies how do I post a Pic :(
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Bumping -- I'm an apple too. I'm loving the before and afters; you all look amazing!
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Hi Ladies I am an apple shape and I hate it.. I have been overweight since I was a child. I weigh 174 and am 5 foot 4. I had a Heart Attack last Feb 14, 2011 at the age of 47. I will be posting here before and after pictures... For me losing weight is a must!
    thanks for ur testimony...I am happy that u r taking stock in yourself and your health..can't wait to see the photos!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!