Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RosemarieNovak
    RosemarieNovak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else read ALL the Posts?! - All the people selling BODY by VI are posting the exact same responses! - Word for Word! - LOL! - Word for Word. - My best friend sells Body by VI (ViSalus) and he has gotten his BMW! - He spews the same EXACT word for word quotes these other people did on here! - Laughing my Butt Off! - ViSalus is no better than HERBALIFE was!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi worked for me. It was so much better than the normal Slimfast & Atkins shakes i been drinking. Healthier for you than the slimfast, and the body by vi gave me energy. I think it is well woth the price i paid for it, i liked it so good i ordered 2 more 30 meal pkgs. It was more filling to me too than the slimfast & atkins shakes.

Or you could just eat real food and forget the shakes....
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A real life friend tried to sell me on this a few months ago and was so indignant when I said it sounded like SlimFast. I have the time and money (generally) to prepare real food, why would I want to forego some killer seitan tacos and asparagus for an overpriced milkshake?
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options

I wouldn't be able to do it, I wouldn't be able to look at my friends and family in the face and say here, eat this for breakfast and lunch to lose weight. Especially when there is so much evidence coming out that the nutrition facts are dubious and that it may indeed slow down vitamin/mineral absorption and the soy protein may in fact be harmful in the quantities you are taking.

Really, soy hating? It's pretty small quantities of it from what I see. Many foods contain negative qualities. If it's your singular source of food, it might be a problem, but realistically, it's a non-issue.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else read ALL the Posts?! - All the people selling BODY by VI are posting the exact same responses! - Word for Word! - LOL! - Word for Word. - My best friend sells Body by VI (ViSalus) and he has gotten his BMW! - He spews the same EXACT word for word quotes these other people did on here! - Laughing my Butt Off! - ViSalus is no better than HERBALIFE was!

lol...that's one of the things that cracks me up about it...and the blogger actually touches on that, too! Mindless drones...
  • GlutenFreeFatty
    Options
    Body by Vi worked for me. It was so much better than the normal Slimfast & Atkins shakes i been drinking. Healthier for you than the slimfast, and the body by vi gave me energy. I think it is well woth the price i paid for it, i liked it so good i ordered 2 more 30 meal pkgs. It was more filling to me too than the slimfast & atkins shakes.

I bet real food gives you energy too. My mom has been in healthcare for 30+ year and curses this FAD diet... I have not seen ONCE single friend of mine have any noticible results from it.... still wwaiting to see it in person...
  • zumbagirlwf
    zumbagirlwf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am a body by vi promoter and Two of my customers have lost 7-8 lbs in the last week. They can be as little to as much calories as you like, depending on what you put in them. Most of the ones I drink have about 350 calories in them.

Losing 7 pounds in a week isn't healthy!
    I have also lost 7-8 lbs busting my *kitten* in a week. Is that not healthy either. Don't tell that to the biggest loser.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Of course it's all part of the same sales pitch junk, google the product, 100s of websites from different people but you'll notice the "information" never changes, word for word
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options

I wouldn't be able to do it, I wouldn't be able to look at my friends and family in the face and say here, eat this for breakfast and lunch to lose weight. Especially when there is so much evidence coming out that the nutrition facts are dubious and that it may indeed slow down vitamin/mineral absorption and the soy protein may in fact be harmful in the quantities you are taking.

Really, soy hating? It's pretty small quantities of it from what I see. Many foods contain negative qualities. If it's your singular source of food, it might be a problem, but realistically, it's a non-issue.

The body by vi folks have this for breakfast / lunch every day of the week, it adds up in the long run. It's not the ideal source of protein.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I am a body by vi promoter and Two of my customers have lost 7-8 lbs in the last week. They can be as little to as much calories as you like, depending on what you put in them. Most of the ones I drink have about 350 calories in them.

I have also lost 7-8 lbs busting my *kitten* in a week. Is that not healthy either. Don't tell that to the biggest loser.

Actually...Biggest Loser is VERY unhealthy! That coming from Patrick House when I met him and talked with him personally about how they lose all the weight on BL. They only eat about 800 calories/day and exercise for 6+ hours - they burn a lot of muscle with all that weight...

They get away with it because they're heavily supervised by physicians, but the way they go about losing weight is stupid and dangerous...but it's reality TV, so results and drama keep the ratings high.
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've got a few friends trying this. It's like a cult or something. They won't believe it's not healthy. OBVIOUSLY the old fashioned way works... I've lost about 2 pounds a week since I started by "simply" watching my calories and getting up off my butt and MOVING.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've had people try to sell me this and send me message on here and facebook. I just stick with my Shakeology I've been drinking it for months and i definitely don't try to force it on any one.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options

Or make your own shakes. It's so easy to make healthy, home-made smoothies. And a lot less expensive that premade stuff.
    Options

I wouldn't compare the real world to the Biggest Loser at all.
    If you really lost 7 pounds in a week, you would need a 3,500 calorie deficit every single day. Yea right that is BS :P
    Options

Or make your own shakes. It's so easy to make healthy, home-made smoothies. And a lot less expensive that premade stuff.

That's mostly what I do to. Or if you really want a shake mix, just buy a cheap protein powder. More bang for your buck
  • zumbagirlwf
    zumbagirlwf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat other meals to. I only have mine for breakfast. Gives me energy and keeps me full till lunch, then have regular meals the rest of the day and snacks.
  • koolmum
    koolmum Posts: 39
    Options

I can make a pretty amazing meal worth 350cal with all natural ingredients that covers all of my macro and micro needs. :flowerforyou:
  • prmilkshake
    Options
    I usually have Vi shakes for breakfast 4 times a week, not more than that. It's really more for convenience to be honest. I need something quick in the morning that won't pack on the pounds lol. Its better than McDonald's! I had a fruit smoothie this morning (homemade) and just added some scoops for the protein. This definitely helps me stay under my cals, but I could really care less if anyone wants to buy it lmao
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

You do realize that soy is in like...everything these days, right? Try to find a regular loaf of bread in a grocery store that doesn't contain it. It's in things such as breads, crackers, cakes, rolls, or pastries containing peanuts, peanut oil, soy flour Processed and "natural" cereals which contain soy ingredients, pasta, Soy beans, soybean sprouts, sauces, Fruit drink mixes, fruit toppings, coffee substitutes instant coffee, hot cocoa mixes, malt beverages, pork link sausage, deli/luncheon meats, Commercially prepared meats (used as a meat extender), cheese substitutes, tofu, bean curd, natto, miso, textured vegetable protein, canned soups, commercial entrees, and combination foods, Baked goods, such as cakes or cookies which contain soy flour, commercial ice creams and other frozen desserts, Hard candies, nut candies, fudge, and caramels, Margarine and butter substitutes salad dressings, mayonnaise, sauces, or gravies, Commercial vegetarian products and meat substitutes Heinz® Worcestershire sauce, Lea & Perrins® sauce, fermented soybean pastes (miso and natto), Soy sauce, tamari sauce, granola, or breakfast bars, Imitation bacon bits, Roasted soybeans or "soy nuts"...
    http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/HealthLibrary/allergy/soy.html - Children's Hospital at Standford

I picked up some whey protein today and off course, what was in the ingredients? Soy. Adding soy shakes on top of a soy filled world? No, I don't think it's a good idea. It's to the point that it's a big deal to not have soy in your food, so they put a big bold label on the front. Not to mention the vegans and vegetarians that go on this diet and eat a lot of soy on top of that. I'd also like to add there are many nutrients in soy that are wonderful, but it's added to so many of our foods these days http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/consumer-centre/food-safety-tips/labelling-food-packaging-and-storage/soy/eng/1332437930120/1332437995901