Z. Class that causes me marriage stress part II.

Options

Replies

• RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You know man Imma be honest with you. I went to zumba class *once* (let me emphasis that once)with a girl It wasn't that bad till they starting busting out the super gay moves. Mind you I am hispanic so I dont mind all the shaking but there are just some moves that men should not do and that was like 50% of the class so for half of it I was doing my own moves trying to "manly" it up. Regardless I've never gone back and no one can make me.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    dude, you should have married a goth. shopping is easy, you just buy whatever comes in black.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I laughed hysterically and read this to my husband, who laughed hysterically. Good luck, dude!
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    HAHAHA!
    I wish I had bright neon yellow workout clothes. All of mine are black pants with rainbow or cheetah print details, black, and grey. So rather than looking like the sun I look like a fat black hole. However once I try on something that fits I'm going to get it in different colors, not really needing to bother trying on other things.

I don't Zumba, but if I did I would NEVER ask the man to join me. He has his things, I have mine, and there's nothing wrong with that. I can still understand why she'd be ticked at you laughing, but come on, life is funny, sometimes you just have to laugh.
  • BishopSmurf
    BishopSmurf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Obviously this issue calls for someone to give you advice and honeslty, who better than me. I am..THAT DUDE.

THis will be painful to hear...but it is the truth...YOU DONT LIKE YOUR WIFE AND YOUR WIFE DOESNT LIKE YOU.

Its time to move on. She has unrealistic expectations and hates the fact that you got in shape and is jealous that you are cheating on her....and I know your not...BUT....you ARE thinking about it and just havent gone thru with it.

ITs time to move on.

Now I have to get back to the middle east peace talks.

Cya

...better than me?
    Don't
    Dosen't
    It's
    (have) gotten
    Haven't
    Through
    It's

No wonder the Middle East hates us.
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I think i love you.
    Are you familliar with millington? He writes like you, google him :)/
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    Hahaha that's hilarious! I tried Zumba once but I wore chucks and twisted my ankle I finished the class but never went back after that.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    dude, you should have married a goth. shopping is easy, you just buy whatever comes in black.

Well I would have but you see I suffer from a condition called diarrea of the mouth. Marrying a goth would of resulted in me being on a missing persons report early on I have a feeling.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... I absolutely loved that story!!!

If you tell these stories often, please friend me. :smile:

me too! i find you hilarious!! I would be embarrassed if my husband came to zumba...actually, i wouldn't be caught dead doing it either!!!

More Stories!!!

Oh! And I really hope that you and your wife work things out but please have a few more stories first! LOL!!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    kuddos to you for even walking into that class! sorry about your marriage, best friends dont always get along, and sometimes you hurt the ones you're closest to. as another poster said, you def dont want to throw in the towel and grab yourself a new chick. if you dont take the time to find out what the problem is and attempt to fix it, its bound to happen again in the future. i LOVE zumba... would i ever go to a class... NOPE! but i dont need anyone to see me look like what you witnessed... i imagine its not pretty... lol

edit to mention that bright colored tight clothes are HILARIOUS! it takes me maybe 5 min to find a pair of black workout pants and i NEVER try them on... takes to much time...
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I think all the ppl complaining about readin this dude's story are losers and have no sense of good writing.

^^^ THIS - well said!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I think i love you.
    Are you familliar with millington? He writes like you, google him :)/

I am not familiar with him, Ill google him. I type everything via an ipad so a lot of my spelling issues is just me being lazy :-(
  • SaraEllie80
    SaraEllie80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    First refreshing post in awhile.

I actually enjoy Zumba-- mostly because I sweat my *kitten* off and have fun-- which is strange from someone who can't shake her hips if she tried.

But... those Zumba 'street cred' outfits are really ridiculous. I mean, come on--- you're going to wear pink baggy camo pants with straps and strings hanging off like you're a paratrooper?

We usually have only one or two guys in my class.. I always find myself watching them when we are doing the pelvic-thrust gyrating movements... it's hilarious to see their earnest efforts to shake it like Shakira.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Shake it.

Shakira.

Gyrating pelvic thrusting motions.

All very valid reasons why I am terrfied of Zumba!!! LoL I can neither gyrate nor shake it with any sense of rhythm. Honestly, if I take a class I'll just distract folks and get asked to leave anyway. :sick:
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... I absolutely loved that story!!!

If you tell these stories often, please friend me. :smile:

me too! i find you hilarious!! I would be embarrassed if my husband came to zumba...actually, i wouldn't be caught dead doing it either!!!

More Stories!!!

Oh! And I really hope that you and your wife work things out but please have a few more stories first! LOL!!

I can share more but usually its just me being stupid that results in chaos. Ive been sharing this because this is actually not my fault! (That I know!)
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I TOLD you thinking about you doing Zumba made me giggle.

Now? I think I just pee'd a little. :laugh:
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on your weight loss!!! Second, I think that it is cool that you accompany your wife to the gym. Maybe zumba wasn't it, but the important thing is that you guys are committed to work out together. :-)
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed your story....are you a writer?
  • agauth79
    agauth79 Posts: 5
    Options
    oh man, i read your first post and it was hilarious, and the part two is icing on the cake. I love Zumba, but it is really not geared towards dudes, despite it being created by a man from Colombia. The booty shaking and the thrusts just don't work for many guys. There have been guys in my class off and on, but I think they were there for the scenery. Point in case, one of those guys came up to me after a class and told me my moves were inspiring.

In all seriousness, though, I think it's important in a relationship to have separate interests apart from each other. It's good to like different things, and I think all couples need some time to just do their own thing and be in their own heads for a little while without worrying about chatting it up with their partner or what not. I do also understand her desire to be involved in something that's probably become a big part of your life, and something very important to you, and I can see why she want to have a piece of that. I guess you two just need to keep looking for something, apart from the gym, that you can share together and bond over.

And yea, I have gone into dressing rooms with 20 pairs of workout pants and hated every one before. Clings too much here, not enough there, etc. It's a chick thing :) We want to find workout pants that make us look like we already have the body we're working out in order to attain ( or to show off properly the one we worked hard to get).

Good luck to you, sir! Hope you and your lady can work something out. You're obviously giving it a shot by even trying Zumba in the first place. What you should have told her was that you couldn't keep up with the moves, and were laughing in embarrassment at yourself, and that you left because it was too hard ;) Probably doesn't save you much grief now, but maybe if she makes you try a jazzercise class or something next , you can use that excuse!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Dude.. this is the best shiz I have read on this site.

I love that you gave it ago, then hoped so bad that it didnt end well as I knew if I was doing it, I would of lost my shiz in that class as well. I could just picture it as you described it.. Fish faces and panting everywhere.. LOL :laugh: