Options

Replies

• gracehutchinson
    Options
    TWILIGHT!! Need I say more?!?!
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    Starship Troopers & Indiana Jones Movies.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Twilight.

I would have rather been kicked in the nuts a thousand times.

I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes before I wanted to climb a watchtower & open fire on some teenagers...

I laughed so hard I about spewed coffee out my nose!! Thanks for making my day!!
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Drive
    The Invention of Lying
    There's Something bout Mary
    The Royal Tennenbaums
    American Beauty
    Kill Bill #1
    Vanilla Sky
    Ghost
    Lost In Translation
    The Neverending Story
    The Wizard of Oz
    Labrynth
    Grease
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I always try to take it for what it is supposed to be entertainment, I try not to take movie watching so seriously.

But if it's supposed to entertain and it doesn't, then what? I like movies and books that entertain me. I don't like the ones that don't.

And just because the masses love something doesn't make it good.
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I always try to take it for what it is supposed to be entertainment, I try not to take movie watching so seriously.

But if it's supposed to entertain and it doesn't, then what? I like movies and books that entertain me. I don't like the ones that don't.

Maybe not to you or me but a lot of people enjoy these movies/books. Just my opinion.
    If something doesn't entertain me I just don't watch it or read it again. I usually will finish a book or movie because sometimes there are just parts that are bad, other times the whole thing is bad. Anyway these are just my thoughts.
    Someone should start a topic on movies everyone Likes/Loves!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    War Horse. I want that 2.5 hours of my life back.
  • dwtouch4
    dwtouch4 Posts: 98
    Options
    The Transporter - I actually was heckling that movie in the theater.
    Trainspotting - That toilet part is the scariest thing I've ever seen in a movie
    The Patriot - Ugh who writes this crap!
    Starship Troopers - The whole premise of the movie is daft. Supposedly the book is so much better but I haven't read it yet.
  • mattemery
    mattemery Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The English Patient
    Cast Away
    Brokeback Mountain
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Super Bad
    Knocked Up
    All the American Pie movies
  • jbsangel
    jbsangel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kill Bill
    American Beauty
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    TITANIC :explode: i can't believe it's b-a-a-a-a-a-a-ck! don't need to see it again and in 3D .... blech !!! :sick:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Maybe not to you or me but a lot of people enjoy these movies/books. Just my opinion.
    If something doesn't entertain me I just don't watch it or read it again. I usually will finish a book or movie because sometimes there are just parts that are bad, other times the whole thing is bad. Anyway these are just my thoughts.
    Someone should start a topic on movies everyone Likes/Loves!

Well, since you're so offended that people might dislike a movie or book and actually express an opinion about it, perhaps you should start that topic ...

And I have to say that most of the people I know who enjoyed Twilight don't actually think it was good.
  • determined136
    Options
    Pulp Fiction
    The English Patient
    The Twlight Movies - Horrible
    Anything with stupid humor - Napolean Dynamite, Nacho Libre', etc!!!

Pretty much anything that has won an oscar....who votes on them....Not normal people
  • Kelly0572
    Kelly0572 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cabin in the woods so sucked, lol :ohwell:
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    Titanic, Twilight, EVERY Romantic movie!! Except The African Queen.

My favorite romantic movie is The Crow. Butt kicking & Bloodletting. I don't care how bad Immortals was its still better than every romantic movie out there.

I guess it takes a type. Gimme sci fi and action, adventure and fantasy (Just say NO to the Eragon movies.. thats a lousy rip off of Dragonriders of Pern), old samurai flicks in black & white just no lovey dovey stuff...
  • almaster666
    almaster666 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Forest Gump
    Fried Green Tomatos
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Some commendable listings here....but by far the worst, most pretentious, "artsy" movie that was nominated for every major awards show.... TREE OF LIFE. Awful! Walked by the same theatre a week after I saw it and they had a sign out front " No refunds for Tree of Life" no other movies....just that god awful acid trip.