• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i'd like to tattoo my boyfriend's face on my *kitten*

because he's preeeeeeeeeety
  • glowbuggy
    glowbuggy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree. I want to add my husband to the one I currently have, a large sunflower with my daughters names around it. My husband and I have been together for almost 20 years, that includes dateing time :smile: , and I want to add his name. In my mind we have shared so much and he is the father of my wonderful daughters, that I want his name on. But he is against it. Worried that I might regret it sometime... if I do I do, but after almost 20 years.. i think it should be there...
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Nope. I love tattoos, but there is no way i'd tattoo something on my body for a spouse.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Hell and no, unless they are dead. In my book, the only truly safe names to have tattooed on you are your children, on the logic that you pretty much love your kids no matter what (especially if you're the type of person to get their names tattooed on you in the first place). After that, I think that people you were close to (parents, siblings, good friends) are safe only once they're dead. It's possible you'll find out something about them that makes you regret it after they're dead, but it's less likely (and you can't have a falling out with a dead person, so you're good to go there).
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Never tattoo a lovers name...

Children..ok..

but never a partner..

I very much disagree. Even if it were to go bad, its still a great story and can always be modified. FOr me I dont have to worry abotu that

Thats the way I feel. I have my husband name on my neck, he has mine as well. I don't buy the superstition about it. And even if things didn't work out, we have been off and on since we were 13, we are almost 32 now...We have an amazing story and bond..and he will always be a part of my life no matter what.
  • 20believe12
    20believe12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When people ask me why I don’t have any tattoos, I ask them “Would you put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari?”
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would never tattoo my significant other's name on myself...Thought about it once, and am so glad I ddin't. Symbols are great, but like others have said tattoos are permanent...not people. I did get a Celtic cross with my grandfather's initials on my arm as he meant the world to me. The only other names on my tattoos are those of my two mustangs that both changed my life.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    We have tossed the name thing around. The husband mainly wanted to get my name. We did go ahead a couple years ago and get the Cancer symbol tattooed on the back of our right shoulders. It kind of looks like 69 sideways. Our birthdays are 9 days apart. We may still do the name thing one day.

I have also been told "bad luck" to get SOs name.
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    I have my fiances name and my kids names tattoo'd on me. I disagree that it is bad luck. I've been with my fiance over 6 yrs we've been engaged for almost a year and are saving for a wedding, neither one of us is going anywhere. I know quite a few long lasting relationships where the couple have each others names tat'd on them
  • 67Maureen
    67Maureen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Never a lover. Only your kids or parents. My son has his father's and my name tattooed in a cross
  • Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    So i was wondering if you have a tattoo of the name of your spouse or what are yall thoughts about it? If not name, maybe a picture or something that symbolizes them. For example my spouse loves jordans and i was thinking of getting the jump man insted of his name.

wow, seriously?

You would put MICHAEL JORDAN'S logo on your body? for someone else?

The only person I'd ever tattoo anything for is my Mom. And even then, it's a debate.
    Qell for one i like jordans as well, two i have 2 kids with him, and 3 when my dad past away my mom didnt want me to get his name or hers on me so am not. I am however going to get my babies name with a toy they like. Thanks for your opinion
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I personally would not but I have seen people who have and they look great :)
  • Caro1991
    Options
    to those afraid of getting a lover's name tattooed on u...i would say you're afraid of committment
    I love all your opinions and your right with this one i mean its different that someone goes out with someone for 3months and they.get each others name to having kids with them or being married for them for so long. Thanks
  • Caro1991
    Options
    I have vines and flowers of all our birthstones on my back (I have 6 kids, so lots of flowers). DH was going to get my name tattoo on him along with kids' names...but that would be a huge laundry list, so he did a cross with Psalms 127:5 to represent all of the kids. When he wanted to put my name I was like NOOOOO!!! haha! He says he still wants my name on him...so I will let him! ;)
    aww lol :) yeah let him, if he wants it, its for a reason. Different story if the girl bugs a guy to get her name :)
  • Caro1991
    Options
    I know a guy who gets all his girlfriends names tattooed on him and has about 7 of them, the new girls name is there but all the others have a cross out line through them lol
    Lol i would of done that if i was a guy. Thanks for sharing
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Obviously, the question is: Would you?

I don't have any tats, nor will I ever get one. But you are the only one who can answer the question for you. Are you making your decision based on the opinions here? What is the consensus?
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Whew, I didn't kill the board!! I do not agree with superstitions at all. As I said, my husband and I have been married for 32 years and together for 34. I am proud and honored to have his name, and our daughter's name on my arm. As so many have said, and I totally agree - it is a personal decision. All of my tattoos have meaning, and that's the only reason I have my four.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I had his name... Then we got divorced. Now I have a giant black gecko on my butt to cover it! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    to those afraid of getting a lover's name tattooed on u...i would say you're afraid of committment

With a divorce rate of 1 in 2 marriages, I would say that's accurate.