I love it when people call me "hun" or "sweety"

Options
12346»

Replies

• AnteroFaria
    AnteroFaria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hubs calls me Jen, Jenny when he's pissed. Idk. No one calls me anything. I call people sweets and babe and gorgy and the list goes on... all the time!!!!!

lol gorgy
  • ChristinaOlliver
    ChristinaOlliver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Living in Wales, so many people (including my GP!) call me "my love". It's such a nice term of endearment and sounds even better with a Welsh accent lol.
  • thatgirllesley
    Options
    I love it too, except when someone's being condescending. I have a habit of calling people "love" or "lovely". People probably don't like it, but eh. :3 I like being nice. ^_^
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well then, hello hun :)
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Half the people I meet get called 'love' - guys/girls, doesn't matter....think it's a Yorkshire thing.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I get called "Luv" "dahlin'" "babes" "sweetheart" a lot at work, which doesn't bother me too much. "Babes" is the most annoying of them though. Usually when I get called Babes I'll call them Treacle because it annoys them!

I hate being called Sweetheart in a condescending fashion by blokes - REALLY hate it, any bloke who makes the mistake knows that he will get my boot up his bum!

Anything else is fair game as long as it's nice!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I can't stand being called hun or babe, or any other pet name along those lines - just irritates me - My name is Emma, call me that!!

The only person who I will accept being called "love" is either my Mum or Dad (easier for them to call me or my siblings that - don't have to remember names that way :smile: )

And my other half calls me "Short stuff", which is a bit annoying in some ways, but sweet in others - he only calls me that coz he's 6ft3 and I'm 5ft6!
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Oh I do hate "Hun" also - it just makes me think of Attila the Hun everytime I hear it!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I love terms of endearment. I tend to be inventive with them.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I tend to call people by their names and prefer if people call me by mine. But....I have three daughters, many sisters-in-laws and 2 grandaughters; if I am talking to a younger gal in passing, "Honey" might slip out if I don't know her name. I tend to call guys I don't know "Buddy". I tend to use "Sir" and "Ma'am" a lot too.

If you get offended, it's on you, because I'm not trying to be rude or smarmy. And, if it bothers you, I'd rather you just kept it to yourself.
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    words I use typically whenever I'm talking to a female. These words are used daily and often and are used for people I know or donot know:

Baby
    Love (my favorite, throws people off since I'm indian and its more of an Irish thing)
    honey
    sexy (only to girls I know, would never ever say to an unfamiliar face)
    gorgeous
    beautiful
    good looking
    sugar
    darling
    love of my life (to girls I am on a very familiar base)

I'm pretty sure theres more but I cant recall, basically anything that comes to mind

Edit: I have been asked to not call them baby about 2 times and have always respected it but after knowing them for a few weeks, they endup calling ME baby :)

Honestly, I would love for people to call me any one of these. I don't mind as long as it's done with nice intentions and not condescending, etc. I love nicknames and answer to quite a few, including Ness, Van, V, Storyteller, Story, and Teller (haha), and Vanilla. :smile:
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a robust Southern woman, I find it kind of patronizing.

ditto, but it all depends on how much I like the person. Our head of service was calling eevryone hunnybun in a meeting yesterday and that was patronizing as hell. However if my friend called me hun or babe I wouldn't mind in the least. I know I call people hun all the time
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    I love being called cute little nicknames. I had been called Babe by a boyfriend and his friends didn't know my real name...apparently it never came up. They had no idea what he was calling me and they all just started calling me Dave. I still talk to some of them and they still call me Dave! I think its hilarious, but I do answer to it! :)
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    If you get offended, it's on you, because I'm not trying to be rude or smarmy. And, if it bothers you, I'd rather you just kept it to yourself.

I agree with this - if someone is saying something nice to you and you get offended because of them calling you 'love' or some such word, then it's your problem.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i hate it, but i'm a guy. It's like they're trying to achieve some sense of superiority over me.