Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Check out tomorrows diary.
    Revving to goooooo!!!!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Helloitsdan
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I do this when i'm on shift (12 hours), because i bring it all with me, 2 meals plus snacks, helps me plan the day and not go off track. Also I then know my shortfalls (usually protein) and i can make them up when i get home.

And if I save a few cals for a glass of red, I get my antioxidants too!
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've only just started, but I'm planning ahead every day too. It helps me make better choices during the day so I can actually eat along with the family dinner without going over or under my calorie count.
    If I do end up eating different things then it's very easy to change my tracker to whatever I ate instead. But planning ahead at least gives me a rough idea on what I can eat during the day.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Yes ma'm I do it. I plan my meals 3 days in advance. Keeps me accountable..
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yup, another forward planner here. It helps keep me on track and accountable. MFP has definitely educated me when it comes to food; my knowledge of calorific content could be described as blissful ignorance previously!
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else do this? I have been partially populating my diary so I know what my plan is (and so I remember what I put in my sandwich), then adding or subtracting as I eat.

I put everything i've planned to eat into my diary for the day. I take food to work so i know what i'm having each day and it helps if i fancy a snack or something that's not in tmy plan if i have the calories for it. I find it helps me a lot.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    When I was working full-time, I would plan everything for the week on Saturday, do my shopping and cook lunches on Sunday and then log everything either as I was cooking the lunches or afterward. Then, I would plan ahead for the week and fill in my diary until Friday just as a matter of convenience, then I could make small tweaks as I went but most of it was set out for me. I still do it sometimes. My food diary is filled in all the way to Friday now.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I do that everyday, a day ahead. Keeps me on track and stops me from getting to that "What do I want to eat" phase. If I know what I'm going to eat I don't have to rely on myself to make good choices when I'm actually hungry!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat 6 meals a day, so I have to plan like that... :happy: I do all my meals except dinner, because there have been too many times that I've come home ready to prepare what I've planned and hubby has something else prepared. :smile: Of what he prepared is healthy I'll go ahead and eat what he fixed and change the entry later, if not, then I'll eat what I've planned. :wink:
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have mine planned out for the week ahead. I don't snack other that what I have on there and also I look forward to certain meals :smile:
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do! I make my lunch for work the night before so lunch and snacks are always pre-planned. I usually eat the same 2-3 meals for breakfast so I'll put those in there the night before too. As for dinner, I usually wait till I figure out what I have on hand to make and then enter it.
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i do this FREQUENTLY!! lol - especially if i know i'll be going out to eat that day - or if i'm trying something new that i need to reconfigure or "work around" a new set of calories/fat, etc. if i know i'm going to be eating pizza at dinner time because we'll be at a bday party or something, i know i have to have something light and healthy for lunch, etc.

and i totally HAVE put something in, realized its "stats", and then DELETED it and found an alternative - or just got a glass of ice water! haha. this has happened A LOT!

this has helped me immensely in keeping under my calorie goals for the day - i can't remember the last day i 'went over' my goal at the end of the day! :)
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes I do sometimes, when it suits
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I do. And, I did today because I am sure that I will be eating what I brought to work.
  • huizenm
    huizenm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do this every morning to help keep me on track with a plan. If I don't I tend to graze & make poor choices.
  • pandasmama3
    pandasmama3 Posts: 120
    Options
    Yes I do it sometimes too. Especily if I'm busy doing something I'll put in an orange for a snack that way I have to eat it.
  • nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    pretty much every day...
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    Yup. I have to have a plan or I'll go nuts :)
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    YES! I do this every morning...
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    I do this, then if I do end up going out on the spur of the moment or something I know how many calories (and more importantly sodium I have budgeted. If something changes I up-date. It also is the only way I can seem to stay under my sodium limit...if I know ahead that that salad has 15mg of sodium per cup then I know before it puts me over my limit with my thoughts that it is 'just' a salad.
    I hold water weight easily and don't like the way it makes me look and feel. I exercise enough and keep my frequent meals small enough even my only binge since being on here didn't put me over my weekly calorie goal. But it did my sodium.