What to put on popcorn

Options

Replies

• claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Microwave your popcorn.........so easy and good too. Add about a 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels into a paper bag, fold at the top and microwave for about 3 minutes or until popping stops. We use spray butter and parmesan cheese......sooo good. :smile:
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot sauce!

I put that &%$# on everything! :laugh:
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    I am SO happy I asked this :D
    My fiance & I are going to make a big batch of popcorn this weekend, & split it into a bunch of small bowls, & make small batches of all different flavours to try :)

I REALLY want to try Franks with parmesan & garlic salt, but there's so many others I want to try now too :D
  • jencopes
    jencopes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    High in sodium BUT - I use that I can't believe it's not butter spray and then shake Old Bay seasoning on it...YOM

This is my favorite popcorn topping!!
  • Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just got an air popper about a month ago!

Some flavorings I've tried:

Hot Sauce and Cilantro!

Curry!

Sea Salt and Pepper!

Honey!

A spritz of low-cal cooking spray will make it stick if necessary.

I LOVE POPCORN
  • aliricp
    aliricp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bag of skinny pop popcorn at Sams Club. Best popcorn ever..You can also get it in the individual bags 100 calories at Costco. I hear some of the WalMarts carry it to..And Walgreens.
  • QuirkyRedhead
    Options
    In an effort to get myself to snack healthier, I'm upping my popcorn intake (I am a salty snacks junkie D:)

Obviously drizzling butter all over it isn't the best option, so what do you put on your popcorn?
    (I know I can eat it dry, but sometimes I want to switch it up a bit)

For the people suggesting spices - do you put butter or anything on it to make the spices stick? (I air-pop my popcorn, so it's dry)

I think air popped popcorn is the best thing ever! Unfortunately, it is extremely dry. So I use the I can't believe it's not butter spray. I just use a spritz or two and then use a little bit of salt or whatever spices I want to use (lemon pepper is kind of fun). That way I get a bit of butter and the spices have something to stick to. I think the spray is 0 calories and extremely low in fat, as long as you don't go crazy with it.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i didnt read all of the posts, hopefully someone covered that you can pop popcorn in microwave in a paper bag only, no BHT which is a COMMON (and Banned preservative in other countries) nasty chemical
    a little bit of REAL butter wont hurt, its better for you than any "FAKED" junk

i like, seasoned salt.
    garlic and parmesan
    pepper salt and powdered stevia
    cinnamon and honey powder
    chili powder and a spritz of lime juice instead of butter
  • melda6
    melda6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Garlic powder and oregano/italian blend seasoning.

Delicious!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Tapatio
    Brown sugar and cinnamon
  • daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love it with garlic salt and nutritional yeast!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I am going to try and melt a serving (2 tbsp) of my caramel almond butter and drizzle it on it tomorrow. I popped some in the microwave today and I too had an issue with my Badia seasoning sticking lol Had to lick the popped kernel and swipe the bottom of the bowl to get any of it :laugh:
  • Christy1759
    Christy1759 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil. It's not low calorie, but it's very good for you, and also for weight loss. It will help balance out all the carbs in the popcorn, too. It tastes great on popcorn, with a little Celtic sea salt!
  • lbecker69
    lbecker69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vogue cuisine veggie broth and tbs of canola oil. It's like eating a meal:)
  • tamaralaine1970
    Options
    You can try, pepper with sea salt, or chili con limion, or grated parm, my husband likes parm me, I am like sea salt and pepper, or try sea salt, with pepper and garlic
  • DaisysDivineDesigns
    Options
    Id try to lightly spraying the popcorn with water then top with seasoning .
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Those of you that do hot sauce or siracha, are you just dipping it or do you put it on the popcorn somehow? Does it get super soggy? I love the idea of hot sauce on it!!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I pop mine in either olive oil or coconut oil and sprinkle red curry powder on it. So yummy!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers swears by Sriracha and lime popcorn, which would be much lower cal than butter. Never tried it myself, but only because I don't have a popcorn maker!

I made some, too. The recipe did include a small amount of butter, and then Sriacha, lime juice, and fresh basil. It was good - I didn't love it as much as I expected to, but I would make it again. I would like to try something else spicier.

Parmesan is good, salty, and simple.

Chili and lime seasoning.

Cinnamon sugar.

Garlic pepper with sea salt.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I pop mine in either olive oil or coconut oil and sprinkle red curry powder on it. So yummy!

That sounds great!