Over 200 Club (Open Group) Back to School Week 1

Options

Replies

• andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone lost 1 pound 0.4 % Haven't been eating as well as I want, but you know what, I am proud that I am one step closer to my 20 lb park.

Drea
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Ok girls get my butt back into gear and help me get fired up again.I have gained back 20 pounds and I don't want to gain back anymore.I didn't want to gain the 20 back but I did and now I am back to square one.YES i was down 45 pounds and I gained 20 back but I have kept the other 25 off thus far.I know how to get the weight off I just can't find the motivation or inspiration I need.I have been totally stressing over money issues and our food budget is slim so I have to buy what I can afford any suggestions???PLEASE HELP !!!! Thanks!!
  • awestfall
    Options
    Also keep in mind that I have three children who are not picky eaters but again it comes down to being able to afford healthier food.
  • afergason
    afergason Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So sorry about the money stress. Its so not the thing you need while trying to eat healthy

We're on a tight budget too, though its just the two of us. The most useful thing I ever found was taking a chunk of one day to plan out meals for the week and start the prep work. I usually go grocery shopping on Sat. and then Sun. afternoon plan and prepare. Its crazy how much you can save just by buying things only on sale and cutting out prepared foods (slicing my own veggies for cooking and snacking, buying and soaking my own beans instead of canned, using my slow-cooker to make big meals that we eat for leftovers, etc.)

Hope things get better for you.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    awestfall: You can do it! :flowerforyou: I do think it's tougher when you are watching your budget ... but just try to buy fruits and veggies and avoid everything boxed and processed. I think aferason had a great suggestion to make meal plans, then it's easier to look for coupons and sales too! Good luck ... you know you can do it!
    I have been trying to lose weight for years, and am finally having some success ... but I really wish I had been able to find a way to do it when I was younger ... but I'm doing it now! I am even feeling so confident that I bought a pair of shorts today (on clearance of course) that are size 18 instead of the 24 that I'm wearing now ... I am so excited for the day that I can put those shorts on!
    Stick with it! :love:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    awestfall, you are so worth it!! :flowerforyou: Remind yourself of that. YOu are worth doing this. :flowerforyou: I am so sorry about the money stresses that is NO fun. I think some of the other girls had some really good suggestions. I know that making a menu and sticking to that menu helps me same money at the grocery store. I just wish you all the best and know that I will remember you in my prayers.
  • awestfall
    Options
    So sorry about the money stress. Its so not the thing you need while trying to eat healthy

We're on a tight budget too, though its just the two of us. The most useful thing I ever found was taking a chunk of one day to plan out meals for the week and start the prep work. I usually go grocery shopping on Sat. and then Sun. afternoon plan and prepare. Its crazy how much you can save just by buying things only on sale and cutting out prepared foods (slicing my own veggies for cooking and snacking, buying and soaking my own beans instead of canned, using my slow-cooker to make big meals that we eat for leftovers, etc.)

Hope things get better for you.
    Thank you so much !! I am going to try this out .
  • awestfall
    Options
    awestfall: You can do it! :flowerforyou: I do think it's tougher when you are watching your budget ... but just try to buy fruits and veggies and avoid everything boxed and processed. I think aferason had a great suggestion to make meal plans, then it's easier to look for coupons and sales too! Good luck ... you know you can do it!
    I have been trying to lose weight for years, and am finally having some success ... but I really wish I had been able to find a way to do it when I was younger ... but I'm doing it now! I am even feeling so confident that I bought a pair of shorts today (on clearance of course) that are size 18 instead of the 24 that I'm wearing now ... I am so excited for the day that I can put those shorts on!
    Stick with it! :love:
    Thank you I definitely not giving up on me !!! Its all thanks to people like you guys who encourage and work hard.:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    awestfall, you are so worth it!! :flowerforyou: Remind yourself of that. YOu are worth doing this. :flowerforyou: I am so sorry about the money stresses that is NO fun. I think some of the other girls had some really good suggestions. I know that making a menu and sticking to that menu helps me same money at the grocery store. I just wish you all the best and know that I will remember you in my prayers.
    God Bless you Momma you are my guardian angel.I am kicking my butt into gear and getting back into the game.Heck I lost 47 pounds total when I first started and so what if I gained 20 of those pounds back I know I can get them back off with the hard work I had put in before.And yes I am WORTH IT.I wanna finally look and feel good at the SAME TIME!!! Thanks again for the inspiration and uplifting I needed.FOOD IS EVIL AND ITS NOT MY FRIEND EXERCISE IS MY FRIEND!!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good Morning Girls,

I am having a really hard day today. Last night someone said something really mean to me and wow are my feelings hurt. You know what though, normally something like this would make me want to eat, eat, eat, but it has just made me all the more determined to work at this. To prove this person wrong. To better myself and not quit!!!!

awestfall, thanks for the sweet things you said about me. It really made me smile. I know that you can do this. We can do this. We ARE going to do this.

By the way who is our biggest loser? we need to pick a challenge. I will get back with you all later I am going to have a peice of toast and some orange juice then take a nice long walk. I have people to take care of today, but I think I will take care of ME this morning.

You ALL have a wonderful day, and know you are the reason I love this site............:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Good Morning Girls,

I am having a really hard day today. Last night someone said something really mean to me and wow are my feelings hurt. You know what though, normally something like this would make me want to eat, eat, eat, but it has just made me all the more determined to work at this. To prove this person wrong. To better myself and not quit!!!!

awestfall, thanks for the sweet things you said about me. It really made me smile. I know that you can do this. We can do this. We ARE going to do this.

By the way who is our biggest loser? we need to pick a challenge. I will get back with you all later I am going to have a peice of toast and some orange juice then take a nice long walk. I have people to take care of today, but I think I will take care of ME this morning.

You ALL have a wonderful day, and know you are the reason I love this site............:flowerforyou:
    Well everything I say about you is true Momma.Thats why I am back to exercising and doing right by my body because your right we can do this and we are doing this.Your the best and prove that person wrong not just to prove them wrong but to prove to yourself you can do it.Have a blessed day
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good Morning Girls,

Well everything I say about you is true Momma.Thats why I am back to exercising and doing right by my body because your right we can do this and we are doing this.Your the best and prove that person wrong not just to prove them wrong but to prove to yourself you can do it.Have a blessed day

Thanks so much I am already feeling better. I have done very well on my goals today. The person i was talking about actually called and apologized to me today. Which made me feel better. But I am still motivated and moving forward.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I had an awful day yesterday ... eating everything in sight. And that was before I found out last night that my favorite Aunt had a massive stroke and isn't expected to recover ... today I'm just lost. :brokenheart:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I had an awful day yesterday ... eating everything in sight. And that was before I found out last night that my favorite Aunt had a massive stroke and isn't expected to recover ... today I'm just lost. :brokenheart:

lstpaul, I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. I imagine that you are hurting right now. We have to make sure we are taking care of ourselves even when we are hurting so bad. Your Aunt is going to be in my prayers and so are you.
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well, I am fairly new and struggling.

I've been exercising and now weigh 225; but I began on here at 220. So, I am really confused because I have cut out eating the sweets (like I use to).

I feel extremely bloated today...that hasn't happened in awhile. I do have a set of medical issues that I deal with and am on medications. Thought maybe they were the problem but I've lost the weight before on the medications.

But it is a new hour and I am in for the long haul...I hope I can do this because I am so uncomfortable at this weight.:frown: My ultimate goal is to lose 60lbs by my next birthday in April. So, if I can accomplish half (30lbs) of that by the end of the year, it would be great.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Hello all, well team...It sounds like we are going through a hard time right now with our fitness plans. But lets not stop here, lets overcome these obstacles and be the better woman. Maybe we can help each other with suggestions on how to stay busy and not thinking compulsively about these negative influences. I like how momma decided to take a walk, walks always help me relax and focus.

Andrea
  • awestfall
    Options
    I am having a terrific day so far.I haven't ate like Miss Piggy today and I am getting ready to go hit the elliptical for an hour.Thanks for the inspiration everyone.Wish me luck and Good luck to everyone else out there.:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good morning girls,

Welcome Chicynth,:flowerforyou:

awestfall, good for you! You go Girl, work that elliptical:glasses:

Drea, thanks for the pep talk we needed it:flowerforyou:

lstpaul, I hope you are okay today. Keep us posted about your Aunt

trikstar, we miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • awestfall
    Options
    Good morning girls,

Welcome Chicynth,:flowerforyou:

awestfall, good for you! You go Girl, work that elliptical:glasses:

Drea, thanks for the pep talk we needed it:flowerforyou:

lstpaul, I hope you are okay today. Keep us posted about your Aunt

trikstar, we miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I nailed 2 hours today total on my elliptical using the weight loss program resistance level 10.I feel great and I am back full swing.Can't wait till pay day so I can get some delicious yummy healthy foods to eat.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    I have been doing pretty well on my calories, and although i am not losing as much weight as I had hoped, I just have to tell you guys that I went shopping at Target today and actually fit into the size 18 pants...yes it was a little tight but in past years I have not even been able to get these pants over my legs!!

I hope everyone is doing well today, today is my off day, but you know what I think I want to go out and take a 30 minute walk now hehe.

Andrea