• histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    "200 Calories
    5 g of Fat
    140 mg of Sodium
    17 g of Sugar

I can't believe people are saying they are good for you. :("

I know! Sure, you can eat a pack for breakfast, and with a juice, you've used the typical breakfast cal allotment, but how much did you eat? It isn't a lot of food for the calories. :ohwell:

That said, some of them are super yummy, but I just can't justify, to myself, the calorie for taste sacrifice.
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love Poptarts! The hot fudge sundae ones are my favorite! (:
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Last time I ate them (several years ago) I don't remember filling full afterwards.

After taking in 400 calories, the least a food could do is make you feel content.

They sure tasted good however..
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    <Homer Simpson voice> Mmmmmm... poptarts...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I love Poptarts! The hot fudge sundae ones are my favorite! (:

strawberry milkshake! Taste best frozen :D
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    My kids love them, so I buy a box once in a while on vacations as an extra special treat.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If I ate a Poptart for breakfast, no doubt I would be eating fast food by lunch and munching on peanut butter cups that evening. But, I'm not a body builder. :wink:

This! LOL This would so be me as well!! It is so hard. I just read the same thing in a book Bob Harper wrote today, about how once you eat sugar, even the substitute kind it just makes you want more....I had noticed this happening before I read or heard anything about it. I did love to eat poptarts way back when, my favorite was the smores or blueberry (with icing of course) but I just can't let them in anymore...not with out falling off the wagon for other meals.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Good tasting, high carbs, low fat. Great way to get your carbs up with a minimal amount of fat.

A lot of bodybuilders eat them as a post/pre workout carb source.

Interesting...

They are basically worthless calorie wise, high calorie and your hungry in an hour.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Good tasting, high carbs, low fat. Great way to get your carbs up with a minimal amount of fat.

Interesting...

They are basically worthless calorie wise, high calorie and your hungry in an hour.

Haha. Good joke. We get it. *checks your diary* ;-)
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Plain strawberry are my favorite toasted!!

Eat a poptart, run a couple miles. Problem solved. No guilt alllll good!!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My family lived and traveled around a little bit on a sailboat for a while when I was younger, and I remember having Pop-Tarts for breakfast fairly often -- because when it's barely past dawn, you're needed on deck right away, and you're facing an entire day on your feet, nothing beats grabbing a neat little package of carbohydrates and deliciousness from the locker on your way up, especially when you're twelve. My mother didn't like us having them, because they weren't healthy; my father didn't care and bought them anyway. XD

I don't like them anymore, though. Bit sad, really; I have some happy memories associated with Pop-Tarts (or, once my mother got her way, the all-natural organic knock-off version).

Edit: Sorry for waxing nostalgic for an entire paragraph.
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Interesting...

And that's why bodybuilders eat them. After a long session they need the insulin jump...then they eat a real meal.
    Options

Interesting...

Haha. Good joke. We get it. *checks your diary* ;-)

LOL. That is awesome xD
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Let’s look at what’s inside regular strawberry Pop-Tarts. The ingredients list includes (in order by weight):

White flour; ***NOT a complex carb***

Corn syrup (i.e. sugar);

High-fructose corn syrup (ditto);

Oil; (and if you haven’t had enough sugar…)

Sugar

Any questions? See : http://generationgreen.org/2011/02/fruitwashing-kelloggs-phony-fruity-label-claims/
    Options
    So what everyone should eat 100% clean all the time and never have treats that they enjoy? I don't see the big deal heh

I eat refined carbs and sugar, not hurting me any xD
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I would buy them when dieting and eat a half a pop tart because they are cheaper than the Special K Fruit crisps and taste nigh identical.

Special K Fruit Crisp: 100 calories 7 grams sugar
    Half a strawberry pop tart: 100 calories 8 grams sugar

Portion size and 1 gram of sugar are the difference between a "junk" snack and a low calorie diet snack.
  • k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks reading this makes me want one! I havnt had a pop tart in at least five months....I'm to close to my goal to break that now, someday I will enjoy one again but it will be a while!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    If I ate a Poptart for breakfast, no doubt I would be eating fast food by lunch and munching on peanut butter cups that evening. But, I'm not a body builder. :wink:

That's pretty much how I feel about them. I can get less calories and feel fuller from two scrambled eggs than two poptarts and have room for juice or CHOCOMILK! :drinker:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I ate them as a kid. Bought my first box in years just a couple of weeks ago. Delicious! Even better than I remember!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Ugh, God.. I used to love Poptarts. I haven't had one in years. Favorites are Cherry, S'Mores, Cookie Dough, and Blueberry. :)