A ? for men

Options

Replies

• BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My fiance' says he thinks I am sexy now..But I know I am 50 pounds over what I should be and I think he is just being nice. I don't think there is any possible way that he could find me beautiful.. :( Could men really find a fat woman attractive? I am being for real! Thanks :)

Looking at your pictures, i'm trying to figure out where you see yourself as "fat" in the first place. Look pretty normal to me, and curves are a lot sexier than bones. All this here should pretty much answer your question.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    my fiance which i love very much seems to think im beautiful although im at least 40lbs over where i should be and i think hes crazy lol but i love him ;)
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    A definite yes. No question.

"Ah, you gonna take me home tonight
    Ah, down beside that red firelight
    Are you gonna let it all hang out
    Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round

Hey, I was just a skinny lad, never knew no good from bad
    But I knew life before I left my nursery
    Left alone with big fat fannys, she was such a naughty nanny
    Heap big woman you made a bad boy out of me"

Freddy Mercury said it best!:bigsmile:

Greatest rock voice in history. Sad we lost him so soon
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Yep we like em all colors, shapes and sizes. Sexiness is not all physical appearance. Lots of large sexy woman out there. He is not lying to you.

There are a few guys out there that would pass up someone based on weight but I wouldnt worry about them. Probably end up with someone as shallow as they are.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I weighed 20 pounds less
    My fiance' says he thinks I am sexy now..But I know I am 50 pounds over what I should be and I think he is just being nice. I don't think there is any possible way that he could find me beautiful.. :( Could men really find a fat woman attractive? I am being for real! Thanks :)

Were you 50 lb less when you met him?

That's not that big of a deal. I have to be quite honest with my opinion here, which might ruffle some feathers. I think the TYPICAL male will always tell you that you look great the way you are, even if he doesn't necessarily think so. I mean, what would you do if he told you that he wasn't attracted to you? He doesn't want that *kitten* storm. He LOVES you, which is why the way you look is not tremendously important to him, but he would probably prefer you to be 50 lbs lighter (I'm only using that number because you used it - from your pictures, there is no way you should be losing 50 lbs).
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Looking at your pictures, i'm trying to figure out where you see yourself as "fat" in the first place. Look pretty normal to me, and curves are a lot sexier than bones. All this here should pretty much answer your question.
    I agree with this. You are a beauty. I am not a man but I tend to think like one :)
    But I totally get how you feel. Im about 10-15 lbs overweight in my eyes. Yet I just can't see how anyone can find it attractive. I get hit on a LOT. And I am never really prepared because I don't look like I once did. However that is my own insecurity.
  • yeowiepower
    yeowiepower Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my girlfriend feels the same... but i think she is the most beautiful person in the world, and no one who says otherwise will change that.

society tells you what you think you need to look like to be beautiful... its a load of CRAP! in traditional asian and indian culture you were deemed beautiful if you were larger because that was a sign of wealth...

i am a big believer in inner beauty... it such a cliche.. but it's true for me anyway... if you are beautiful on the inside and your boyfriend sees it.. then to him you will be all those things, beautiful, sexy and desirable....

so yes... i think he means it!

i think it is more for personal self esteem though... although my g/f thinks im fine the way i am... i feel i need to lose a little weight. but i dont think that will change how your partner feels about you.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Beauty comes in all different shapes,sizes, and colors.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpSNhs8DyOdy9X2Y0Y5dDkNGp0SK7_0yMcy4FuxiaoHZoIPKh7

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcDez0QOANvHBQZPOSKG4j2zgis3k3ZjQ0_CjFZBP5DJ_Scjl6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM2lLxJEzO2g4n8707tilwcurD9O-g6FfMqNdzj0Q0i1fSZD9k
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options

ever heard of the saying 'love is blind'? I think beauty lies more in the face, when guys refer to the body they usually use adjective like hot sexy etc, or you might have a beautiful soul, and looking at your profile picture your pretty so I don't find it hard to believe your bf finds you beautiful.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I have looked at your pictures...and I would say yes.

To drive this home...let me explain that I'm not normally attracted to overweight women perse...my type body us more like sergeantsunshines (sorry to point you out girl...but you're here and a perfect example).

That being made clear...overweight women can surely still be attractive to me. Eyes, smile, personality...how they make me feel...its all just as, if not more important. And being attracted...I'm just as attracted to them physically. There's no thought of her body as anything other than something to explore and pay extreme amounts of attention to...lol.

So...to bring this together...you are VERY pretty...more than pretty enough to catch my attention in a social situation if you wanted it.

Relax :).
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    Well thanks, that is a recent picture, and yes I am the same weight, but it's just my face...pics can hide alot lol. But thanks

• Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    you're beautiful, of course he means it! I have met a lot of guys that think I am attractive and I am far far far from a super model! Everyone has different ideas of what is attractive. Personality is key not looks in the long run.
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Men love woman of all different shapes, sizes, and flavors...and you can also bet that not every man has a desire for the perfect Barbie doll. For some of us it's about her mental as well as her physical traits. For example, I love a woman who is confident & secure, one who's well put together, and loving. How you perceive yourself isn't necessarily how your fiancee looks at the woman he loves, but your decision to improve how you look and feel is only going to make him love you more. So if he says you're beautiful believe him;)
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Guys in general tend to be very visual, tending towards touchy-feely, so looks count for a lot. That being said, personality, style, self-confidence, a bubbly personality - these things get factored in along with personal preference.

Beer goggles and hormones aside, most guys don't view women's bodies through anywhere near as critical an eye as some women seem to view themselves.

In short... "You're Sexy and He KNOWS It."
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    As an over weight woman I approve of this thread. ;)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    sexy is a state of mind...

^^^speaking of sexy hi christine!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If he's planning on marrying you, I'm pretty sure he's not just "being nice."
  • jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    I weighed 20 pounds less

Were you 50 lb less when you met him?

That's not that big of a deal. I have to be quite honest with my opinion here, which might ruffle some feathers. I think the TYPICAL male will always tell you that you look great the way you are, even if he doesn't necessarily think so. I mean, what would you do if he told you that he wasn't attracted to you? He doesn't want that *kitten* storm. He LOVES you, which is why the way you look is not tremendously important to him, but he would probably prefer you to be 50 lbs lighter (I'm only using that number because you used it - from your pictures, there is no way you should be losing 50 lbs).

My feathers aren't ruffled, as I don't have feathers! However, I disagree with your opinion. There is no more a TYPICAL male, then there is a TYPICAL female. That may be your experience, but it certainly isn't mine, and I really hope its not most peoples. He is not saying he loves her to avoid anything, he's saying it because he SIMPLY loves her. No more, no less.

With any luck at all, we all meet someone whom we can say "I love you" to unconditionally and with no reservation or ulterior motivation.
  • Multistyles
    Multistyles Posts: 167
    Options
    I am sure he means it. I don't know about other men but I LOVE some thickness, beauty comes in all shapes sizes and personalities. If he can't keep his hands off you then he is not faking or just being nice, he is being truthful!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    there are plenty of men who like overweight women.