what do you reward yourself after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have treated myself to "new clothes" along the way since I dropped 5 sizes, but my "new clothes" were bought at a consignment store. They were new to me though. Once I hit my goal weight, I treated myself to a new hairstyle/dye. I went from a brunette to a red-head. It has been a big change for me. I figured a new body deserves a new hairstyle and attitude.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Spa treatments. Massage, Facial...and when I get smaller new clothes!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    deff. some new pants ..nothing is more motivating to me than to buy a size smaller and show off the weight i lost ... you can start a fitness jar by putting in a dollar for every pound you lose ..or if you dont have a lot to lose, 1 dollar for every inch lost ( .25 cents for every 1/4 inch lost...and so on, ya get the point ) and after a few months you'll have money toward the special thing you wanna buy yourself :)
  • abbysmompaula
    abbysmompaula Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any spa treatments! Ahhhhh.....relaxation!!!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have rewarded myself at 10 pound intervals without food or drink. Most of my selections have been centered around my journey, hi tech bathroom scale, hi tech kitchen scale, water weights for the pool, new cookbooks for healthy eating, new walking shoes, etc. I've yet to decide what I want for my 70 pound goal from 2-3 weeks back. Might have to be new undies this go around or else go commando!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    this may be odd, but i like buying new gym gear.... helps keep me motivated too like "got my new running tights.....im going gym!" x

Me too. Especially since some of my gym gear stopped fitting. :)
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I bought a couple new pairs of work pants to reward myself after my 30 lb mark....well, also because my old pants were falling off of me. I'm holding off on buying new jeans until my 50lb mark, but am really looking forward to it.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    One word.....SEPHORA.
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Clothes are mine. When I lost some weight before I went out and bought a new outfit and it was a great motivator when I seen I was down from size 11 to 8
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    when I was losing weight I used workout DVD's or outfits as my reward. My ultimate goal is to beat my best time in a stage race in August so at that point I will be getting cycling vaction!
  • pinkwonda
    Options
    What a great idea! I'm going to steal this :)
  • Eb155
    Eb155 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!

I've set smaller goals - 5lbs each. Things like new workout clothes, hair cut/color, Vibram 5 finger shoes are on my list. My goal weight reward is a Brand new wardrobe.... donate every other old piece that I have. That'll help me with maintenance as well :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Exotic vacations... Barcelona, Morocco, Iceland, Dubai :)
  • gardengals
    gardengals Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been trying very hard to make my rewards NON FOOD related....I fiqure that was probably part of the problem to begin with. So far my rewards have been......workout clothes, cool new tennis shoes that I only wear to workout/gym, a peice of jewelry that I had been wanting, 50lbs was a completely different hair style, 70 lbs was dress shopping, next is....contacs (I wear glasses) and my 100 lb reward is going to DMV and retaking the photo! LOL
  • debhra
    debhra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ive given myself a goal of 17 lbs to loose....every pound i loose is 2 dollars and every workout i do is 1 dollar...so 34 dollars from the pounds and if i work out 5 times a week...that is another 5 dollars...when ive reached my goal...i should have just over 100.00 to spend on gym cloth for sure ;)

this is a good idea i have just started and i too will figure out a cash reward i have a long way to go so i will have to give some thought to this but thanks for the idea debhra
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    motivation.jpg

I think its a great idea to keep yourself motivated and a positive reinforcement because honestly who doesn't want more of that ?
    .. I actually want to up the anti to a dollar per 10 minutes of my work out.. because I want my goal to be a family trip .. but either way this seems like a totally doable awesome way to keep focused..
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    some clothes that look good even though hopefully they won't fit soon ;) or jewelry. OR i'll buy something that is still a little to tight to wear and it's kinda a reward and motivation ;)
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    More and more dresses! :-D
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I think than buying new clothes in smaller sizes because the current ones are too big is enough reward, at least for me.
  • Kspoo512
    Kspoo512 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was always told that when you lose 10 pounds treat yourself to something. Everyone always turns to food but that doesn't make sense to me because I'm trying to cut out a lot of the bad stuff and rewarding myself with it will make me want it more. I like the idea of rewarding myself with jewelery, scarfs (huge scarf addict), shoes, songs for my iPod, new book, ect. Something to help you relax after working so hard to lose the weight and encourage youself to keep losing! When I get to 15 I'm getting new shoes :D