WHAT ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO?

Options

Replies

• AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Bee stings - I carry an epi-pen with me wherever I go in case I get stung as I got into Annie Three Laptic (spelling phonetically as don't know how to spell the word properly) shock
    anaphylactic

Also, not allergic to anything.
  • Asces
    Asces Posts: 182
    Options
    General anesthetic most likely. It is a condition that runs in the family. Only way to test for it is to cut out a piece of your muscle, inject it, and see what happens... and even that isn't 100%. So I prefer to just say most likely and warn any doctors lol.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    The list of what I'm NOT allergic to is a much shorter one! :)

You and me both!!
  • rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Asparagus - which I actually happened to like!,
    Erythromycin and Amoxicillin - 2 of the most commonly prescribed antibiotics, and
    The Sun - I get a mild skin reaction on my hands the first time I am in the sun for an extended time starting in the spring. It is weird, but it goes away in a couple of days.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hair dye,eggs,penniclian,vicodan.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    dogs and cats mostly, especially dogs
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes my lymph nodes swell up under my chin whenever I eat them
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    christmas trees ;D
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I have seasonal allergies! And I hate it :((
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Peanuts
    I have pretty much year round hayfever from early pollen in march to trees in autumn. Plus when it's cold I am also allergic to the damp. Anti-histamines are my friend
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    nothing..so far so good :)..

Edit..yeah i am to cats...but not dogs :)
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    gluten. I am also vegetarian.
  • maddiesnakes
    Options
    Peaches. Not canned, for some reason, but if I bite into a fresh peach, my face and neck gets blotchy and red and itchy, and I feel like my esophagus is closing up, and I can't stop swallowing.

Also, benzoyl peroxide. I can't use Clearisil or any other face washes with that stuff in it or I get puffy and red.

Penicillin, too. Not sure what it does to me, I haven't been prescribed penicillin since I was a little kiddo (which is when my mom found out I was allergic to it), but I'm not sure what my reaction was.

Oh yeah! And red food dye. Found that out when I'd get sick every time I ate anything red velvet (cake, cupcakes, cake rolls, but for some reason red velvet cake donuts were okay). I can have a little, but if it's a lot, I... ah, um... I get really awful intestinal issues.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Weird I know but Banana's and elastaplast. xx
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Fresh pineapple, which I LOVE...can eat the canned stuff, but fresh cut makes my tongue break out...
    Aspirin...bummer, and lots of antibiotics, so I gotta stay healthy without 'em!
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bananas, Melons, Cats, Rabbits plus I have horrible seasonal allergies, both indoor and out.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    All Seafood
    Eggs
    Penicillin
    Ragweed
    Grass
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    antibiotics.

several (penicillins, sulphonamides, cephalosporins) put me into instant anaphylaxis, others (lincosamides, tetracyclines) just cause rashes, fever, swelling, and itching.

fun!
  • sabriel
    sabriel Posts: 46
    Options
    Bee / Wasp stings. Well generally insect bites etc too.
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Opiates - causes respiratory depression

Phenagren - causes hallucinations (not the fun kind lol) :noway:

Plus seasonal allergies :frown: