Mini Skirts after 35?

Options

Replies

• kinzytg
    kinzytg Posts: 42
    Options
    Case Study - My boss just turned 60 - she still wears mini-skirts/really short dresses.

I cannot deny that she has the figure for it.... but then you see her craggy face and it's quite scary and you feel that maybe she's a bit beyond her years for what she wears!

But there are younger ladies in our office who just would not look good in a mini-skirt (me for one, lol!)

Not to work in a professional occupation! My 20 year old daughter said no moderately short pleated skirts of ANY type for work, too schoolgirl.
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think I rather rocked my mini-kilt for Halloween last year.

IMG_2251.jpg

You really did :D
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. But, I have kids and would feel inappropriate wearing a mini skirt.

Crap. I have a daughter AND I'll be 35 in November. Does this mean I'm SOL??? :P

Just my opinion regarding myself. I also wouldn't feel right dyeing my hair hot pink, even though I really want to. Plenty of women do and that's fine for them. I don't think it sets a bad example or anything like that. It just feels wrong for my personal mom persona.

It is the beauty of having a quirky childless person persona. I'd dye my hair pink again, but I'm too lazy.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm over 60, and I wear mini skirts when the occasion warrants it. I don't have to please anybody but me. If younger guys think I look "gross" becasue I'm "mature" that's their problem. Do what makes YOU feel good!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Love all of the responses! You all rock! I used to rock my mini's and I proudly have legs for days! I plan to rock them again, very soon!!
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear a mini skirt (alhtough if you have amazing legs, go for it!).......but I am dying to wear shorts again!!! Hopefully on my cruise in December! *fingers crossed*
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Gross! Who wants to see a granny in a mini-skirt?

It can't be worse than an overweight man in spandex...
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I know this thread has slowed down, but I said I would post here and I'm gonna do it! I'm 57 years old. Does this look like a granny to you?
    BlueDress.jpg
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I know this thread has slowed down, but I said I would post here and I'm gonna do it! I'm 57 years old. Does this look like a granny to you?
    BlueDress.jpg

You look fabulous!! Keep wearing them!!
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would love to wear a mini skirt! I just may have to go shopping for a few...
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i wear them i think if the outfit fit, suits what you are up to etc and you feel confident in what you wear then go for it!
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    From a man's point of view? If the woman has nice legs, yes...spandex and mini skirts don't work on BWW

This post isn't directed at the man who wrote the above quote. But that is an example for what I am about to say.

I'll tell ya something. No, I would not wear a mini skirt. BUT, I think our society is full of crap on the judgment of who should wear what. I enjoy quirky people. I love to run across someone with nerve to do what they are comfortable doing. I enjoy being in groups where people are intelligent, learned, quirky, interesting, artistic.

I have friends who wear anything from coveralls, to mini skirts, to costumes, to you-name-it at art shows or other places. I've seen BBW in corset type clothing with their hair all decked out at parties. I'm tellin' ya, they look great, and a lot of it is attitude.

So, don't be too quick to condemn. Part of our problems is non-acceptance of other people and their ways. Let us all just be who we are. If it grosses you out, then don't look. If it amuses you, try to be kind when you chuckle. If you can just accept that person as-is, then you might be graced with a great friend.

Recently I have been working on a series of drawings of women doing things we aren't allowed to do. One was a ballet dancer with one leg too short, so she had a shoe with an extra deep sole. Another is a fat, old lady in a thong bikini. Another is a woman who has gotten extremely thin hair and has chin hairs and wild eyebrows, that she refuses to tweeze.

These are cartoons. But there are women out there who want to do things that society frowns upon. Do we really want to keep someone from pursuing their own lives because we don't approve of certain things?

I don't want to wear a thong bikini. I wouldn't let facial hair grow wildly. But I might want to dance. I, one time, was laughed at while out riding my bicycle. It cut deep. I didn't ride again for a while. I let those men's idea of who belonged on a bike control my own enjoyment of life. WHY? Why did they have to do that? I don't look like some hard body racer when I'm on my bike. I am an old lady, fat, who wants to be healthy. I am in my 60's and don't see why I cannot be on a cool bike, with a helmet, and jeans and a t-shirt.

I believe in being true to oneself. And if that involves a mini skirt over 40 or a quirky costume or dancing with a handicap, so what? Why would anyone care, except maybe to applaud the person doing it?
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    BlueDress.jpg
    WOW!! If the OP. didnt have an answer to her question before, she sure does now!!! :flowerforyou:
  • DAM_Fine
    Options
    BlueDress.jpg
    WOW!! If the OP. didnt have an answer to her question before, she sure does now!!! :flowerforyou:
    I think I love you! :love:
  • jelndcl4ever
    jelndcl4ever Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY! Actually I still put on a mini now and then... cuz even though I have alot of weight to lose... I still got LEGS, and I know how to use them! ;o) LOL
    I am apple shaped though, which means I have skinny legs and no butt.
    In any case, I am 43 now and I am proud of my legs! So, if your legs look good, showing them off once in awhile never hurts!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    BlueDress.jpg

Damn that is hot! You are a very hot woman for sure, And yess that does work on you well!!!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Yes! I cant wait to start showing these stems off!! (:
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Would you wear a mini skirt after 35, such as Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston does?

If I looked like Jennifer Aniston, I would wear NOTHING.
  • DAM_Fine
    Options
    BlueDress.jpg

Damn that is hot! You are a very hot woman for sure, And yess that does work on you well!!!
    okay, i love you too!:flowerforyou:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    BlueDress.jpg

HOT HOT HOT!