2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    bump
  • Ivy as Winnie the Pooh would say Happy Un Birthday, Hope you enjoyed the day

I am 5/7 with a 3mile elliptical ride and 6 miles on the bike.
  • vhuber
    I am 5/7 with my JMBR at 5 a.m., extra ab work and 4 .25 miles on the TM!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    5/7 with a 2 mle speed walk. I was going to take today off... but new shoes came in the mail...so I had to try them out.. got a nice little walk in before dinner!
  • vhuber
    Yay Deb! Baby go new shoes!!!!!!

6/7 was JMBR, core work, and 3 mile speed walk on TM!
  • 6/7 with 3 mile run and 1 mile walk. Did some abs and whole body exercises.

Deb New shoes will always make you want to try them out.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Thank you for the birthday wishes!!!

3/7 today with 1 mile with leslie and 1 mile outside.
  • makeitallsue
    Happy weekend... just dropping in to say Hello....

MIght get some fitness in to bump it 6/7... will let you know!
  • makeitallsue
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 6/7 this week with.... day 1 level 1 30d shred
    just wanted to do something... good choice! :drinker: :drinker:
  • 7/7 with the nephew and stroller.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Way to go ladies!! I am 6/7 today with a neighborhood run with the family. I paid a small fortune for a BOB double jogging stroller (but I got a GREAT deal) but I think it was well worth it. My hubby pushed the kiddos in the stroller while we ran and we did 2.4 miles (hills and all) in 24 minutes--that's a 6mph pace! It was great to run with the family and I certainly pushed myself harder since I had to keep up with the hubby! It is sad that I had to keep up with him since he was pushing that enormous stroller, but he's just a natural athlete--what I wouldn't give to be like that!!!
  • vhuber
    Good job Heather! It is always sooo much nicer to have the spouse encourage great health to the family!!

Guess what? I did NOT workout today! Got the workout clothes on and ended up cleaning and doing laundry and thought I deserve a day off! It has been like a month! So I am a 6/7!!
  • ivykivy
    4/7 2 miles with leslie
  • vhuber
    My 1/7 was a calorie torcher! I did Insanity's Max Interval Plyo for an hour then did the Cardio 1 workout from JMBR series for another 1/2 hour to burn 750 calories!!! I hope to do this at least a couple of times per week!
  • My 1/7 was a calorie torcher! I did Insanity's Max Interval Plyo for an hour then did the Cardio 1 workout from JMBR series for another 1/2 hour to burn 750 calories!!! I hope to do this at least a couple of times per week!

wow and you are still upright? Great job
  • I am 1/7 3.12 mile run/walk pushing a stroller with my nephew in it. Then we went to the convention center and pushed him for another 2 hours. This is 2 days now of the stroller pushing and I cant see how people run and push the stroller. I was winded everytime I would run a short distance while pushing. Kudos to everyone who can do it.
  • ivykivy
    1/7 4 miles with Leslie

You ladies rock!
  • wanna_be_fit
    I am 1/7 3.12 mile run/walk pushing a stroller with my nephew in it. Then we went to the convention center and pushed him for another 2 hours. This is 2 days now of the stroller pushing and I cant see how people run and push the stroller. I was winded everytime I would run a short distance while pushing. Kudos to everyone who can do it.

That is for sure!!! That's why I'm making the hubby push the stroller, and fortunately it does slow him down. He's used to running an 8 minute mile and the best I can do is a 10 min mile and that is working pretty hard. When he pushes the double stroller with our 3 year old and the baby in the car seat (double stroller has an adapter that straps it in) it certainly slows him down and he is working hard especially going up the hills! And this is a top of the line jogging stroller, so other strollers not really designed to run with are even harder! I'd love to be able to run with the stroller, but for now I'll make hubby do it!
  • makeitallsue
    starting off strong with an 834 calories burn today! 1/7 30 day shred and elliptical afterwards.
    track meet tonight

I remember the days of pushing the stroller..... I am sorry to say... I haven't had the grandkids in it for a while....

I am really tired today.... sigh, sometimes all the running just stops you in your tracks!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Great job ladies, you guys just keep burning those calories!!!

I took a rest day yesterday, so I am 1/7 today with a 5K run in my neighborhood with the family. Hubby had to push the kiddos in the stroller, but hopefully as my endurance builds and I get stronger I'll be able to do that at some point in the future!!! My pace was slower than our last run (5.7 mph rather than 6 mph), but we went further and added some of the even hillier parts of the neighborhood. Damn, I really hate hills, but I know they're great for training!

I think that we'll be ready for our 5K on 5/19, though I certainly won't be breaking any records. I'm just thrilled that I am 4 weeks post partum as of today, and back to running a 5K outside--my goal was to be at this point by the beginning of June, so I am definitely pleased to have arrived here a month early!!

Happy Monday all!!!