The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look fantastic!

I'm experiencing the same thing. I joined a gym 6 weeks ago, and lost 6.5 lb. the first 4 weeks, then started lifting weights 2 weeks ago (New Rules of Lifting for Women), and the scale hasn't moved for 3 weeks, but 6 weeks ago, I was comfortable in Lee Size 18 jeans, and yesterday they were droopy, so I went to buy new ones, thinking size 16 might fit, and I was pleasantly surprised that the size 14's fit! :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    SIMPLY AWESOME, I NEEDED TO SEE THIS THANKS FOR BLESSING ME TODAY, IM SO PROUD OF YOU KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, AND PLEASE KEEP POSTING, WE NEED TO SEE THIS. I REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO POST TWO PICTURES.

Thank you :) If you go to www.tinypic.com, you can upload a photo and embed the code in a message board here. Just be sure to replace the on either end of the code with lowercase letters and you're set!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look fantastic!

I'm experiencing the same thing. I joined a gym 6 weeks ago, and lost 6.5 lb. the first 4 weeks, then started lifting weights 2 weeks ago (New Rules of Lifting for Women), and the scale hasn't moved for 3 weeks, but 6 weeks ago, I was comfortable in Lee Size 18 jeans, and yesterday they were droopy, so I went to buy new ones, thinking size 16 might fit, and I was pleasantly surprised that the size 14's fit! :)

Yayyyyyyy NSV!!!! That's awesome about the jeans! And how are you liking NROLW?
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Holy buckets! Great job! I would have never thought that you were about the same weight. You look great- did you have a butt and legs workout? Or was it all P90X?
  • theesfield
    theesfield Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thank you for posting!
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I totally needed it today! :) You look AWESOME by the way! Congrats on your progress! :)
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    AH-MAZING!!!
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    lol that 1 lb gain really made a difference ;) hehe great transformation. thanks for sharing
  • sheschemes
    Options
    Great job! Have you been taking measurements? It looks like you've lost a lot of inches!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Holy buckets! Great job! I would have never thought that you were about the same weight. You look great- did you have a butt and legs workout? Or was it all P90X?

Thank you! I did P90X and now I'm doing Insanity, but I also do zumba 2-3 times per week and my german shepherd walks me (no really, he walks me hahaha) for at least 10 miles per week on hills. The workouts are the easy part of weight loss for me - it's the food that I struggle with!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Great job! Have you been taking measurements? It looks like you've lost a lot of inches!

I take photos and measurements on the first of every month :) I'll measure tomorrow and see what the difference is from Jan!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that's amazing!! You've given me hope, and made me see a little more light that I shouldn't put so much value on the scale.

You are very inspirational! WTG!!
  • essenceofk
    essenceofk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am with most, I have about died because the scale stopped moving as soon as I started working out. I wasn't advised to take any photos but did so simply because I noticed that my rolls were not protruding, I've been working out for 2 months now and it took me that long scale wise to lose 10 lbs, however I noticed the changes in my body within weeks, I almost gave up several times because of no scale movement. I will not make that mistake again and will now take deliberate progress photos. Thanks for the update, You look great. :)
  • NiLo4598
    NiLo4598 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    BUMP ... This is so inspiring :)
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Thanks for sharing.
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!

Thanks for this great motivator to keep at it and ignore the lying torture device!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That is an inspiring pic! You look awesome!!

This helps me a lot, since I've been stuck for a couple weeks on the scale as well. Trying to keep going and ignore it, this gives me more motivation!
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    My body does the same thing since august 2011 i have only lost 8.6lb but 20 inches and went from a 13 to now a size 7 craziness. I also do measurements and pictures or i would have stopped a long time ago. I would post a picture too but i don't know how.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! I cant believe there is no weight lost in these photos... i guess muscle does weigh more than fat, but its way leaner!! GREAT job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!