Down 79 lbs! Ready for my next 79 and beyond (with pics)

Options

Replies

• roeh
    roeh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations , your post is very inspirational, keep up the good work.
  • bhardy516
    bhardy516 Posts: 22
    Options
    EXCELLENT!!! Great job. I am impressed with the 10K steps a day; that is quite an accomplishment. I know, I wear a pedometer and as I meet or exceed each weekly goal, I increase it each week. Only at 7,500 this week; but I know it keeps me on track to reach my goals. You are doing so well. Keep up the good work.
  • kdwatkinspc
    kdwatkinspc Posts: 29
    Options
    You are such a inspiration. Your such a blessing and you have incouraged me. Good luck.
  • ethelapple
    ethelapple Posts: 79
    Options
    Nice work! You are beautiful and your determination is an inspiration. If you can do it, I can too!!!! :D
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Truly Inspirational!!!!!! You ROCK!!!!!
  • einee14
    einee14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tremendous! Way to go! I love people who are self motivated and took it upon themselves to do the work! Only you can do it for you! Hard work pays off and you are definitely proof of that! Thanks for sharing!
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!!
  • mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring! Congrats!
  • horndame
    horndame Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you for posting! What a great story. I am so happy for you! Reading about people, such as yourself, who persevere is really motivating. Good luck with your next goal!
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Great progress! You are very inspiring.
  • missy787
    missy787 Posts: 35
    Options
    **TRIGGER WARNING FOR THOSE WITH SENSITIVITIES TO VIEWING NUMBERS AND DISORDERED EATING PATTERNS**

When I first started this journey, I refused to post numbers because I was so ashamed at how big I had gotten. My start point is the largest I had ever been in my whole life. I was miserable. I was deep into my ED and binge eating daily, sometimes twice daily.
    I started on December 2, 2011 after feeling resentful that my family wanted me to go shopping and do all the things that you do with family during the holidays.
    Here I am on Black Friday morning in my mother's blue wing backed chair, forcing a smile before we headed out to shop.

imagejpeg_31.jpg
    I really just wanted to stay glued to this chair and parked in front of the TV. I hurt all over, and the slightest movement left me gasping for breath. When it dawned on me that I was mad at them for wanting to do something that NORMAL people do, that was rock bottom.
    Here I am, a couple weeks later and wondering how I was going to get up off the floor after wrapping gifts. I had already started my journey and was feeling a teeny-tiny bit better, but I was still depressed at how much I had to lose.

Buddha.png
    When I hit my -75 lb mark on April 19th, I went back to my mom's house to visit “The Chair.” That chair has become a symbol of my journey in many ways – One of the few chairs in her house that was able to hold me up at my heaviest, its wings became a structure and tool that helps me measure my success. Though it's wide in girth, at one point I was wider than the chair … now I'm not. It gave me the “wings” to do something about my health once and for all.

5f09.jpg
    b329.jpg

I wanted to tackle this on my own, without supplements or powders or living on under 1200 calories per day, or worse, (for me) surgery.  I knew how weight loss worked, and I knew what I needed to do for it to work for me.  I just needed to get it in motion and not stop until I am at my goal. I think of this journey as one pound over and over until I am at my goal weight of 150 and/or a size 10.   I wanted to see if I could be as successful at it as I had been with my studies – I am an almost-straight “A” honor student with a 3.95 overall GPA after spending 15 years as a college dropout. At this point I am sure that I can do anything I set my mind to do! I decided to stop letting the pain and shame of my past manifest itself on my body (long story, another day).

I tracked my actual weight loss (and gains!) in a note on my phone.  I'll post it here:

Dec 2, 2012 - 475 lb.
    Jan 9, 2012 - 460 lb.
    Jan 16, 2012 - 440 lb.
    Jan 23, 2012 - 440 lb.

- DIGITAL NEW SCALE -

JAN 25 - 441.6
    JAN 26 - 438.8
    JAN 27 - 436.8
    JAN 29 - 435.6
    JAN 30 - 436.6 +
    JAN 31 - 435.0

FEB 01 - 434.6
    FEB 02 - 433.0
    FEB 03 - 433.4 +
    FEB 04 - 433.0
    FEB 05 - 432.2
    FEB 06 - 429.6
    FEB 07 - 429.2
    FEB 09 - 428.8
    FEB 10 - 427.8      10%    B
    FEB 11 - 429.0+
    FEB 13 - 426.8
    FEB 14 - 427.2+
    FEB 15 - 427.8+
    FEB 16 - 426.6
    FEB 17 - 427.8+
    FEB 18 - 426.4
    FEB 21 - 425.8
    FEB 22 - 425.6       -50 lbs
    FEB 29 - 424.0       

MAR 02 - 423.0
    MAR 03 - 420.0
    MAR 05 - 419.2
    MAR 09 - 417.8
    MAR 11 - 416.8
    MAR 14 - 415.2    -60 lbs
    MAR 16 - 412.6
    MAR 22 - 409.8
    MAR 30 - 411.8+

APR 02 - 409.8
    APR 03 - 406.6
    APR 04 - 405.8     -70 lbs
    APR 12 - 403.2
    APR 18 - 402.8
    APR 20 - 401.0
    APR 22 - 398.4     OUT OF THE 400s!!
    APR 24 - 397.8
    APR 25 - 396.4

I measure on the last day of the month.  Here are the results of my last three measure-ins.

Feb 29th (Leap Day!):
    Chest 55"
    Bust   61"
    Waist 58"
    Hips  73"

March 31st:
    Chest 49"
    Bust  60"
    Waist 51.5"
    Hips 71"

Today, April 30th:
    Chest 49"
    Bust 57"
    Waist 48.5"
    Hips 69

And .... Here I am yesterday afternoon @ 396
    9021.jpg

Most of my weight is situated around belly, waist, hips, and thighs.  I'm definitely a pear.  Fortunately, though, this is where I lose weight easiest and soonest.  I have been told that I "carry it well" when it comes to my weight.  I really don't want to carry excess weight "well," I don't want to carry it at all!

About my food and eating:
    When I first started I was on Weight Watchers' PointsPlus plan. It was an excellent tool to help me get a handle on my binge eating and bring the focus back to myself. Counting points was a catalyst that helped me want more for myself. I eventually weaned myself to Weight Watchers' Simply Filling plan, where you don't count points but eat what you need from a set list. On the SF plan, you give your body more autonomy by learning to listen to its cues for hunger. I was very familiar with Intuitive Eating and how it's a model to help people with eating disorders – SF is Weight Watchers' approach to that. This was good for me, but I still needed to be set free from the notion that some foods are “good” or “bad” and do away with the list of foods. I needed to heal me and my relationship with food. I have since weaned myself off Weight Watchers and I am completely to the mercy of my body. I listen to hunger cues and feed myself accordingly. I have learned that I get hungry 4 times per day and I am satisfied with anywhere between 300-400 calories per meal, which ends up being 1200-1600 calories per day. I have also learned that it is good for me to honor my body by satisfying cravings – If I don't eat what I crave, then it's possible that I will end up eating more of what I don't want and pack on unnecessary calories that could have been avoided if I had just eaten what I craved in the first place. I have had cholesterol and heart issues in my family so I have cut out red meat and eat (mostly) non fat dairy and egg whites only. I don't believe there are any good or bad foods if you don't have any dietary issues with them, and that you should have what you want in moderation. I eat carbs, I eat sugar in the form of fruit, I eat some high fat cheeses. I don't eat red meat, poultry, or fried foods. I eat fish, a TON of veggies, beans, fruit, and lots of water.
    About my fitness:
    I've never been militant about my exercise. I started with a gentle walking program. It was so hard for me because just standing hurt so bad - my back, hips, and knees were screaming. I gradually increased my endurance and now I walk 10K steps per day (Love my Fitbit!). On my 37th birthday in February, I bought a bicycle and I ride it everywhere, every day -- to work, to the store, or just around the neighborhood and beyond. I have found tremendous joy in being on my bike and riding is something I have wanted to do for the past 20 years but I was always so scared and had a serious case of Fat Person On A Bike syndrome. Now, I don't even care who laughs – I am free on my bike. I do structured exercise for an hour about 2 times a week – either Zumba or some other form of aerobics. I do train with resistance tubes 3X a week and I just started Kettlebell workouts.
    Gotta say that it feels good to come out from behind the curtain and to post actual numbers! Thanks, Fitness Pals!

You look GREAT! Keep up the great work! You can do this!! :)
  • EyesOfBlue68
    Options
    First, congrats on your hard work and dedication. You are truly an inspiration! Secondly,you look great!! Your story has motivated so many people I'm sure. Thank you!
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    Good Job!!! I think you are doing an amazing job of losing weight!! you look fabulous and I am sure you are going to make it all the way to your goal!! Our goals are similar and you are a great inspiration for me!
  • pinoyengineer
    pinoyengineer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Inspiring.
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You did an awesome job!!!! Just fabulous!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for sharing.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    you're super pretty. i love your hair like that too.
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!