MAY CHALLENGE 5lbs+ ::TEAM YELLOW::

Options
xYumzx
xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
**ONE THING.... you do not need to be part of the MAY CHALLENGE 5 POUNDS PLUS to join this thread, I think the best motivation and support is that we help anyone in need.. so if you would like to join our thread be my guest, just follow allong =)

I sugguest we also introduce ourselves and add the whole group....

Hey all my names Colleen you can call me Coll or Yumz(nickname) Im 25 and have been struggling with my weight for years, well back in January I decided to stop struggling... and lost 10lbs but have gained some back im looking to lose what I gained back in this challenge plus more!. Im also from Long Island NY.

SW May 1st 2012 188lbs
GW May 31st 2012 180lbs

Calories eaten 5/1/12 =
Calories burned 5/1/12 =
Water drank 5/1/12 =

GO TEAM YELLOW!!!!!!!

Replies

• xYumzx
    Options
    Week 1 Challenge

This week you are challenged to do something you have NEVER TRIED BEFORE!

It has to be something GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH!

And you have to SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR GROUP!!

Okay, I know this is very vague, but any example I might give you could sway how you interpret it. I want you to think about this and be creative!
  • RavenSimone90
    Options
    Hey Colleen thanks for starting this thread.

Hey team, my name is Raven. I'm 22 years old and hoping to lose about 45 lbs in all. I started to gain weight after i gave birth to my son. While i was pregnant with him i only gained 20 lbs and lost it within 1 week, but once he turned 3months the weight started to creep on. After i had my daughter 2 months ago i hit my highest weight which was 203. Now im down to 184 and i want to continue losing.

SW May 1st- 184 lbs
    GW May 31st- 179 lbs

Calories eaten 5/1/12 =
    Calories burned 5/1/12 =
    Water drank 5/1/12 =

Good luck everyone
  • dirtyloveletters
    Options
    Hey, can I join?
    Well this might not be very creative. But starting from yesterday I decided to cut alcohol and diet soda out of my diet completely. My body usually relies on diet soda because I never drink enough water so, lets hope I manage this change. I've also cut out milk and I drink soya almond milk instead.

well, my names Ellie, Im 19, from Scotland. I'm rubbish with weight loss. Since november 2010, I've lost a measly 10 pounds and thats really upsetting. I know its my own fault, Im just a very impatient person.

HW (nov 2010): 160
    SW: (2012)150
    CW: 145

I hope be about 120 by July. I don't even know if that's possible.

1/5/2012
    So far, I've ate = 452kcal
    Burned = 322
    Drank = 750mls water
    :)
  • xYumzx
    Options
    Hey, can I join?
    Well this might not be very creative. But starting from yesterday I decided to cut alcohol and diet soda out of my diet completely. My body usually relies on diet soda because I never drink enough water so, lets hope I manage this change. I've also cut out milk and I drink soya almond milk instead.

well, my names Ellie, Im 19, from Scotland. I'm rubbish with weight loss. Since november 2010, I've lost a measly 10 pounds and thats really upsetting. I know its my own fault, Im just a very impatient person.

HW (nov 2010): 160
    SW: (2012)150
    CW: 145

I hope be about 120 by July. I don't even know if that's possible.

1/5/2012
    So far, I've ate = 452kcal
    Burned = 322
    Drank = 750mls water
    :)

Welcome aboard ELLIE! Hows the weather all the way over in Scotland, ive wanted to go there forever, My family is part of the Grant Clan... Always wanted to see Grant Castle =)
  • lawsonk
    lawsonk Posts: 7
    Options
    Good Morning Team!!

My name is Kelli and I began the weight loss journey back in Oct 2011 and lost 13 pounds then gained 6 back. Need serious accountability and this is the perfect way to do that for me.

I work at home, so I'm unable to leave my house and do any exercise out of my home, so I have to be really creative, any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

SW: May 1st - 151.4
    GW: May 31st - 140

Calories eaten 5/1/12 =
    Calories burned 5/1/12 =
    Water drank 5/1/12 =

Good luck everyone!!
  • xYumzx
    Options
    Hey Colleen thanks for starting this thread.

Hey team, my name is Raven. I'm 22 years old and hoping to lose about 45 lbs in all. I started to gain weight after i gave birth to my son. While i was pregnant with him i only gained 20 lbs and lost it within 1 week, but once he turned 3months the weight started to creep on. After i had my daughter 2 months ago i hit my highest weight which was 203. Now im down to 184 and i want to continue losing.

SW May 1st- 184 lbs
    GW May 31st- 179 lbs

Calories eaten 5/1/12 =
    Calories burned 5/1/12 =
    Water drank 5/1/12 =

Good luck everyone

Whoohoo Welcome Raven!!! Congrats on those beautiful bundles of joy =) taken this step is whats going to make being a mother that much more fun! I have no children but I have younger siblings and they out run me... well I plan to be changing that soon =)
  • xYumzx
    Options
    Good Morning Team!!

My name is Kelli and I began the weight loss journey back in Oct 2011 and lost 13 pounds then gained 6 back. Need serious accountability and this is the perfect way to do that for me.

I work at home, so I'm unable to leave my house and do any exercise out of my home, so I have to be really creative, any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

SW: May 1st - 151.4
    GW: May 31st - 140

Calories eaten 5/1/12 =
    Calories burned 5/1/12 =
    Water drank 5/1/12 =

Good luck everyone!!

HEY KELLI! Im so glad you joined us =) as for work outs at home have you tried the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, I did 3 daays but got sick today I try again =)
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    SW May 1st 2012 - 186lbs
    GW May 31st 2012 - 178lbs

This week I'm trying a Barre class - supposed to be a mix of pilates, yoga, and ballet. We'll see how it goes!
  • lawsonk
    Options
    I have not tried that DVD, might go buy it this weekend. I have an elliptical that starting back yesterday I do 10 mins twice a day, but each day I am going to try to add a minute to each one then hopefully work up to 3 times a day.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    Hello Everyone. If you don't mind I would like to join everyone. Sounds like fun, if no one minds.

A bit about myself. i am a civilian who is currently deployed in Kuwait. i have been here since january and only have 51 days before I go home to the wife and kids. My home is a small town outside Seattle, Washington. Well anyways one of my goals on this deployment was to lose all this extra weight for a couple reason. First reason is that I want ot look and feel good again. I am also looking to apply for a Commission with the Navy when i get home. So I have to be under 200 lbs.

SW Jan 01 - 240 lbs
    CW Apr 29 - 209 lbs
    GW Jun 22 - 190 Lbs

Calories eaten 5/1/12 = 1,544
    Calories burned 5/1/12 = 1,107
    Water drank 5/1/12 = 8+ (it's really hot out here)

Good luck everyone.

Oh and for this weeks challenge I have started swimming laps during my lunchtime. I plan of doing this 3-4 times a week.
  • lawsonk
    Options
    How often are we weighing in?
  • xYumzx
    Options
    How often are we weighing in?
    I think once a week... is a good idea..
  • xYumzx
    Options
    I have not tried that DVD, might go buy it this weekend. I have an elliptical that starting back yesterday I do 10 mins twice a day, but each day I am going to try to add a minute to each one then hopefully work up to 3 times a day.
    I am sooo jealous I want one so bad lol
  • xYumzx
    Options
    Hello Everyone. If you don't mind I would like to join everyone. Sounds like fun, if no one minds.

A bit about myself. i am a civilian who is currently deployed in Kuwait. i have been here since january and only have 51 days before I go home to the wife and kids. My home is a small town outside Seattle, Washington. Well anyways one of my goals on this deployment was to lose all this extra weight for a couple reason. First reason is that I want ot look and feel good again. I am also looking to apply for a Commission with the Navy when i get home. So I have to be under 200 lbs.

SW Jan 01 - 240 lbs
    CW Apr 29 - 209 lbs
    GW Jun 22 - 190 Lbs

Calories eaten 5/1/12 = 1,544
    Calories burned 5/1/12 = 1,107
    Water drank 5/1/12 = 8+ (it's really hot out here)

Good luck everyone.

Oh and for this weeks challenge I have started swimming laps during my lunchtime. I plan of doing this 3-4 times a week.

Whoohoo Brody? im gonna guess on your name Welcome we ofcourse would love to have you join us!! And I know what you mean but look and feel good again... lets just say I have that as my ULTIMATE MOTIVATION =)
  • xYumzx
    Options
    SW May 1st 2012 - 186lbs
    GW May 31st 2012 - 178lbs

This week I'm trying a Barre class - supposed to be a mix of pilates, yoga, and ballet. We'll see how it goes!

Hey Welcome hun! tell us alittle about yourself... That class looks fun HAVE FUN WITH IT!
  • cesilyg
    cesilyg Posts: 6
    Options
    I would love to join this challange sounds fun. What does SW CW GW mean.

I am 32 years old and had a baby 3 months ago so I am really trying hard to get this weight off. This challange might just be something i need.

Thanks great idea
  • bena0218
    bena0218 Posts: 41
    Options
    hi everyone im new here and i would like to join you guys if that is no problem thanks
  • mindysreadyforchange
    mindysreadyforchange Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HI Team Yellow!!!

Thanks Coll for starting this thread! You rock!

I am Mindy and I have been off and on here for a year now, but this time it is on like Donkey Kong! I am super excited to be apart of this amazing group! We are going to rock the other groups! I am looking to lose 10-15 lbs and have been having a really hard time with it because I do not see the scale move and then I give up! So motivation is key and I think that we can do that for each other!

SW May 1st 2012 149 LB
    GW May 31st 2012 144 LB

Calories eaten 5/1/12 =
    Calories burned 5/1/12 =
    Water drank 5/1/12 =
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Im in

SW May 1st 187ish
    GW May 31st 179

Mt SW was 202 and my goal weight is no more than 160

I want to be in the 170"s.
    My goal for myself is to start incorporating some heavy weight lifting to shake things up. I like cardio but want to see if that kicks things up. I normally eat around 1400- to a maximum of 1500 cals a day. No starving for me thank you . I am 5 ft 7.
  • dirtyloveletters
    Options
    The weather over here is bi polar! It's been cold and stormy for a while. Warm and sunny today and it will probably be snowing tomorrow ha!