Where did you meet...?

Options

Replies

• weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I met him online in July 2006. I was browsing and saw his goofy photos when I sent him a message. When he got home from work he replied back to me. We had a month that we didn't hear from eachother so he thought I wasn't interested in him. We started chatting again. A few months after we met online I asked if he had a gf when he said "do you wanna be?" We started talking on the phone then he proposed on the phone in April 2007 when I said Yes. We met in person for the first time in July 2007 and he gave me his dog tags and money to get back home to Arkansas. 4 months after that we decided we wanted to be together so I went to where he lives in Indiana and we got married in a court house. I was sooo nervous because we spent one time in person together and I almost ran out of the court house but I am glad I didn't...hahaha! :P We spent our first year in marriage getting to know eachother and a few days before our 1 year anniversary in November 2008 he got the call to deploy to Iraq. We had December 2008 with eachother and he left January 2009. Our 5 year anniversary is in November :heart:
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I met him when we were in high school.
    My best friend and I were bored at lunch one day so she took me to her JROTC class.
    She was talking to the Group Commander of the JROTC (a senior) and I thought he was really cute and amazing.
    We left and I wouldnt shut up about him and just talked her head off about him.
    She then went and told him and I was sooo embarrassed, beat red face and all.
    I kind of ran away....haha.

He later cornered me in the hall after the school day and told me he liked me too.
    Two days later we were dating..
    seven years later..we are still together.
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    In high school. One of my friends used to have a huge crush on him & would stalk him in the hallways. :laugh: I ended up befriending him while my other friends were trying to hook him up with my friend. He didn't have interest in her. We all graduated and I kept him on messenger.

2 years later , I signed onto my messenger and started a random conversation with him. We ended up getting together to catch up. I thought he was a babe and decided to make a move. It's been 5 months now. :tongue:
  • starrynightskys
    starrynightskys Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was 15, he was in the year above at the boys school and we had mutual friends. I had seen him around. One day I was in a group chat on msn with friends and he was added to the conversation. I added him as a friend and we preceded to talk almost every day for 8 months. During this time, I went out with someone, he went out with someone. My bf dumped me a few days before my GCSE exams started, by the end of my GCSES I was going out with my current bf. I had told a mutual friend I liked him, the message got passed on, he had asked me out.
    It will be 7 years in June. We have been living together for almost 2 years. The relationship even survived through different universities. I told him I loved him 3 weeks into the relationship, I was only 16, but I definately meant it.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It is amazing to me how many people have met someone great in high school. I barely even dated in high school and I never dated someone that went to my high school. I wish I had been so lucky
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    met on line, eharmony.com. we talked on the phone for a month, met one afternoon. he took me shooting at a local range. it was love at first sight. i knew right then that i was going to marry him. it took him a few more days lol :)
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I met my babe at a college we went too. We both did theater and met in a "lounge" area, started talking to each other, and I left his drink to defend for itself against stinkbugs. I messaged him on Facebook and apologized. And so the story started! LOL

Was it love at first sight? Not for me. Anyone with a bird nest beard.. well, you get the picture. It took me a month to finally come around!

We've been together for almost 2 years and he is my best friend <3
  • hrtoftx
    hrtoftx Posts: 32
    Options
    Hubby and I met in Hich School.....we became really great friends because we were each dating someone. A year later....we started dating.....we have been happily married for 30 years now. Love his face!!!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Met at a Dungeons & Dragons table top game.

Lust at first sight, on my part.

Took him 10 months to ask me out (I had a deal with the roommate and couldn't ask him myself).

A year later he proposed. A year after that we got married. Just celebrated our 3rd anniversary in March.
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    We met when I was 14 and he was 19 through friends. I've known him for 9 years: friends for 3, best friends for 3, partners for 3. Yeah...we're slow :-p haha

exercise.png
  • ncbrowneyes97
    ncbrowneyes97 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha..... He was a City Police Officer where I live and we were stopped at a stop light- he was in the lane to turn left and I was in the lane to go straight- when the light turned green, I looked over and smiled and waived- a few days went by and kept seeing him always ride by when I would drop my girls off at daycare, when I was going into work- so finally I was getting gas one day and he pulled up in his patrol car- I said about time you stopped to talk to me- went out on a date soon after and we have been together ever since- that was 10 years ago :heart:
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    My wife and I were both invited to a party by a mutual friend. I had a car, and she didn't, so after the party, I offered to drive her home. We stopped for coffee on the way home and didn't leave until they closed the place. We saw each other almost every day after that.

Love at first sight ...hmmm, maybe not first sight, but pretty darn close. We decided to get married after two weeks of dating.

Met on March 23rd, married on August 9th, same year, and we will celebrate our 21st anniversary this year.
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Through friends, he was recently divorced and starting to meet knew people. My friend invited me to a party and her brother invited my now husband to the same party. Before hand we all met up for dinner, half way through dinner my friend and I excused ourselves to use the restroom and I confessed to her that "I would marry that man someday". 8 months later we were married and have been happily for 10 years come this August.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    my hubby was my neighbor... and no where near love at 1st sight! In fact, I thought he was an axe murderer LOL

I soon discovered I'm a REALLY bad judge of character, but since have learned never to judge a book by it's cover :)
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I went to primary school with him for a couple of years, gave him a quick pash when I was in my first year of high school. Then we went to different schools and I didn't see him for about 11 years.

I was at a rock concert in Melbourne (Korn and Disturbed I think...how romantic lol) and I was waiting in line at the bar. Then I hear a "Michelle - is that you?" and there he was. We had a chat, went for a date about a week later at a pub where we just talked for about 6 hours straight. 6 years down the track here we are :love:
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    He was my boss. He was an *kitten*. I hated him.

Then something changed. He lightened up and became awesome.

15 amazing years later it's hard to imagine he was ever a jerk.
  • ChristinaOlliver
    ChristinaOlliver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of four years on facebook of all places lol! He rated me on an app (don't ask me why I put myself on there lol) and then we got speaking and met up!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Match.com - he checked "I'm interested" and I sent a smart *kitten* reply back. We chatted online for over a month before we started talking on the phone and it was about 3 months before we met in person. I think I loved him before I met him. Now he is my husband and my best friend.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Crashed a reception with a friend of mine. He was the bartender on a weekend leave... Valentines Day... that was 26 years ago:)
  • tarch333
    tarch333 Posts: 26
    Options
    Sounds totally cliche and all 'hopeless romantic' but we met in our freshers week at uni. Hit it off straight away.
    And now plan on being together for the rest of our lives.

It's a small world, because our parents grew up in close neighbourhoods, we both have relatives living in Suffolk, our siblings are very similar e.t.c e.t.c. We're two peas in a pod really. Never believed in soul mates until now!