Where did you meet...?

Options

Replies

• k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    We were deployed together on a ship I cut my arm and went to medical at about 2am for a bandaid and he insisted I needed three stiches he did them and I went back to work... Two weeks later I ran into him and his friend in a bar in Dubai. His friend was hitting on me and trying to hard because I wasn't even a little bit intrested! I went to the bar and bought my husband a drink two days later we were bf/gf then a month later in Australia we decided we wanted to get married. We got home from deployment a month later and got married 7 months after we met!

We have been married 6 years now and have two kids! When I told my command we were getting married they told me it wouldn't work and we would end up divorced within a year and tried to even disapprove my leave because I was make a mistake according to them... Proved them wrong!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Met at my cousin's house. I was watching her kids and my daughter. He thought I was 15. When he found out I was older than him (I age well =), he was interested. I wasn't interested until later, having sworn off all men as a**holes. Turns out not all of them are. Who knew? :laugh:
  • ShawnaRaeDunn
    ShawnaRaeDunn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was looking for extra work so I went into a staffing company. The guy working there said I sounded like someone his friend would like. So I didnt get a job but a husband instead!:laugh:
  • lauriemichel
    lauriemichel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Married 10 years this year, 2 kids. We went to school together for 12 years, lived 2 blocks from each other - NEVER met. After we both graduated high school, we were both at a random night club in another city and we met over my drunk friend....literally OVER her. She fell down, he offered to bring her water. Awww, love at first sight. :P
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a blind date. ...it just wasn't OUR blind date. He worked with a friend of mine and decided to set her up with his best friend. They were both too chicken to go alone, so we tagged along. The friends have been married for 4 years. We've been married for almost 3! It was a really successful blind date! (I was 26 and he was 32:)
  • Shirvona
    Shirvona Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met in Grade 2!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Middle School.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    I was living out in the middle of New Mexico, and just got out of a pretty bad relationship. To take my mind off of that, I signed up for eHarmony, not thinking that I would meet my "match." I was matched with this guy that lived in Tacoma, WA; and we started the communication process. He was smart, sarcastic, and funny! We worked our way up to emails, then phone calls, and we were literally spending 4-5 hours on the phone every day. He came to New Mexico to meet me about 3 months of calling/emailing, and I knew as soon as I saw him that he was "the one." We will be married 8 years this summer; have custody of his children from his first marriage, and two of our own - and life couldn't be sweeter. I was 31 when we met, 32 when we married, and 34/35 when our children were born.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I bowled at a bowling alley regularly and got to know the owners. The owner introduced me to her neice... Hit it off right away. Spring of 2006 we started dating. August, 2006 we moved in together. 7/7/07 we got married, going on 5 years soon. Wouldn't change a thing.
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    We met at a house party. We've been married now for 30+ years.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Gay Parship.co.uk (or parsnip as I call it)

4.5 years ago and we're still together :smile:
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    I met my girlfriend on okcupid in 2010 and we've been together ever since! :D

Almost exactly the same situation for me, except replace "girlfriend" with "boyfriend" :P

I "met" him online in late 2009 (Dec 21st), clicked, talked every day online/phone for a few weeks then physically met in person in January. Been together ever since. <3 He's pretty great.

ETA: I was 20 and he was 22 at the time.
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    We talked on Facebook for 2 years. He helped me get through some issues with an abusive ex boyfriend. Kinda fell off communicating for a little while. I was in Wal-mart one day (he worked here and I was in here all the time but did not know/forgot that he worked there) and this handsome guy walked past me and I just thought that I would love to get to know him, but didn't think I had a chance. I get home and have a facebook message from him that said "hey" and I was like "WAS THAT YOU!?" That was 4 years ago. He is coming home from AIT training in the military and we are more than likely getting married soon after that.
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    On the Internet when Hotmail actually had a pen pals section :)

We started out just emailing each other, then chatting online then one day when I was feeling very blue he phoned me for the first time and told me he was coming to visit me, I tried to turn him down but he wouldn't have it.

He travelled all the way from the north of England to South Wales to meet me and the first thing he did when he got off that coach, after seven hours of travelling, was give me a hug :). At the end of those wonderful few days he spent with me I knew that all I wanted was to be by his side for the rest of my life.

14 years later we are married and have two gorgeous children :) He is my best friend and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful companion. He is definitely the best thing I ever got off the Internet :)
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I loooove this post!!! Truly made my day! :flowerforyou:
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance in a nightclub. Awful place to meet I know, but yes...it was love at first sight.

Although I'd be one of the first people to say it doesn't exist, until it happened to us :heart:
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    In the pub lol!
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Met my wife on a street corner in the red light district.

Ok... Not strictly true but I love embaressing her like that. The full story is

Met in Sept 1995 in a University Lecture Theatre. She was third row back 2 seats from the right. I was front row 4 seats from the right.

For me it was love at first sight. We were both put in the debating society.

During the next 12 weeks I told my mate I had met the girl I was going to marry.

4 days after we saw each other for the first time and had not spoken to each other she was noting the names down of who attended the first meeting. She already knew my name.

Spoke a couple of times over the next 12 weeks but all debating society stuff.

Christmas came and she went home. I lived in the town we were at university at.

6th January 1996 I am driving around with my mate and see two girls walking along but drive straight past. My best mate convinced me to turn round and when we found them again she was waiting to cross the road (Street corner of the red light district).

I recognised her and called her name and she walked over. She says to me I am not allowed to tell anyone at uni she was that drunk. I ask her what its worth. She kissed me.

I stayed at her place every night for the next 6 months. We then moved in together.

So practically lived together from first kiss.

Got engaged in 2000, married in 2001.

It will be 17 years together January 2013 and 11 years married september 2012.

We also now have twin girls who are 5.

She is my best friend, my wife, my lover and my life.
  • timothygarcia
    Options
    In high school. She was a freshman and I was a senior. She was kind of seeing one of my best friends. She asked me to take her to a Kiss concert. The concert was on a Friday. We hung out the rest of the weekend. At school on Monday, she said her friends kept asking her what our relationship was. I told her, "Tell them you're my girlfriend." (I have so much game) We have been together ever since. This year will be our 21st anniversary. She is my best friend.
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was giving her older brother guitar lessons. Little did I know as I was teaching him, she was secretly stalking me! lol We ended up dating and have been happily married for 15 years with two great kids.