Runners: what (if any) form of ID do you carry with you?

Options

Replies

• kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If anyone is planning on ordering from Road ID, use this code ARR6887
    $2 off!
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Never gave it any thought, i've always ran without ID or a phone so far. Doesn't seem like that good of a move now i think about it.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm horrible and go out with less ID than I probably should. I only carry my phone, which isn't password protected and clearly has Home, ICE and parents numbers marked in my contacts list. But I never carry anything else. I only just noticed on my last run that my hydration belt actually came with a little card to fill out emergency info on, but still haven't filled it out.

Heck, I don't even fill out the back of my race bibs because I save all my bibs and don't want to risk pen marks showing through the bib. lol
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Had heard of the RoadID before but decided it was expensive and a waste if I kept my phone on me. Have had a re-think after this thread, and just bought one.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't run unless I have a soccer ball at my feet, but I do walk every day. On the weekends, when I am out for 2 or more hours, I bring my cell phone with me. Not for ID, but in case I need to call home or they need me.

I usually get up and set out as the sun is coming up. I've always wondered what would happen if a cop stopped me for some reason. Do I have to have ID when walking? But, I've been walking the same 6 mile route every Saturday and Sunday for 20 years (or some variation thereof) and the Police have never stopped me once. Bad guys have stopped me a couple times, but they weren't checking ID's.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    RoadID - mine has contact info, health insurance #, blood type, allergies etc. You can order them with whatever information you think is most important. I wear the bracelet version.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not the only one wondering what is a Road ID and How do I get one?

They're about $20, like the old Amex ads say......I don't leave home without it.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx?referrer=4252&gclid=CISUmNLV4a8CFYYKKgodwi-w2w
  • jquinn1971
    jquinn1971 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yet another vote for RoadID -- I ordered the replacement tag that looks like a sleeve and it fits perfectly on my watch (1/2" band).
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I take my drivers license, phone, and my insurance card :-)
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I figure that if something happens, I'm screwed anyway.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Another vote for RoadID - I wear the bracelet all the time, not just when I'm running.
    I have my name, city and state, wife's name and number, a friend's name and number, a message saying "no med hx, no allergies" and a quote from the song, Marathon, by Rush - "More than just survival".
    But, seriously, it's a great thing to have with you. I know my wife feels better knowing that I have that on me when I'm out for a run alone.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    In my case, it doesn't matter. So, whateves. Good idea though, if it does matter.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If anyone is planning on ordering from Road ID, use this code ARR6887
    $2 off!
    Thank you!

And to the person who pointed out that they carry a laminated business card rather than their ID - name & phone number is important, but knowing your exact address is not. Call me paranoid, but not everyone needs to know where you live! :tongue:

Think I may order that RoadID bracelet today.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I rarely carry anything. No phone or ID, nothing. On my long runs I've stuck my recently expired drivers license in my fuel belt. I don't even have anyone to tell when I do leave for a run. No one would know until I didnt show up for work.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I shove my ID in my iPod case along with the house key. I need to look into that ID thing you all are talking about.
  • DanTheRunningMan
    Options
    Been running over 25 years and didn't know about Road ID. I just order two for me (I keep shoes at work for lunchtime runs) and one for my wife. I rarely carried any sort of ID before but it always kind of bothered me.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Ordering my RoadID now - settled on the Wrist ID Sport, just can't decide what color. :tongue:
  • jarirhea
    jarirhea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Never thought about my ID... But good point! I also carry pepper spray in my pocket.... U never know!
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Did anyone mention Road ID yet? :laugh:
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Road ID bracelet.