Rend Collective (my favorite!)
    Dominic Balli (reggae)
    Gungor
    Phil Wickham
    Brooke Fraiser
    Needtobreathe
    Misty Edwards
    Shane and Shane

A lot of these artists aren't so well known. Please check them out-they're awesome :)
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Oh, and to respond to the OT, Christafari is one of my favorite bands, Christian or otherwise. They pioneered the 'gospel reggae' genre.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    oh, just wanted to drop in and say, I love this thread... Finding out many bands I never heard of before
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Third Day is my fav by far but I also love Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Phillips, Craig and Dean, Sanctus Real, MercyMe, David Crowder, Newsboys, and Newworldson (an awesome new band from Niagara, Canada, if you like a jazzy sound).
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    So if you're a Christian you aren't allowed to listen to good music. Bummer.

Yes we are allowed to listen to good music. That's why we listen to Christian music. I love my Christian music. It's all I listen to.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I love Christian Rock...

But I mostly listen to the Veggietales.. Lolol (:
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Christian music is the best thing to listen to . I have a manager I work with and he does not like Christian music I told him it is better than rap , r&b etc.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Adam Again (Dig is the best album, IMO)
    77's
    The Choir
    The Lost Dogs
    Five Iron Frenzy
    Starflyer 59
    Hawk Nelson
    Rez

I've got a ton, but that's what I'm currently listening to at the moment.

yOU'D GET ALONG famously with my brother - he's a HUGE 77's/choir/lost dogs fan. I actually met Terry Taylor and Mike Roe at different times....Saw the Lost Dogs..............they did some small concerts in southern Minnesota that I was able to attend.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Danzig
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Mercy Me!!!
  • kprine1
    kprine1 Posts: 11
    Options
    SKILLET is awesome for high intesity!!!
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    Jesus Culture
    Francesca Batistelli
    Jeremy Camp
    Toby Mac
    Newsboys
    Kari Jobe
    Barlow Girl
    Fireflight
    Skillet
    7th TIme Down
    Chris Tomlin

Gosh, there are so many but there's a few of my favorites!
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    Danzig

LOL
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    All of the above! Right now I can listen to Newsboys " God's Not Dead" all day long! :)

I love love this song and hit repeat all day!!!
  • lordsangel
    Options
    Mercy Me!!!
    I love them! but forgot to post. I knew I would forget some of them
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Can somebody explain to me what separates Christian Music from other forms of music?

Didn't most music evolve from some form of spiritual beginning?
    Is it subject matter? A Christian list of approved subject matter and/ or groups? Who decides?

This may sound like I am not sincere, but I am. As a Blues afficiado, I am quite familiar with the evolution of modern day blues. And a serious influence was early Gospel and Spiritual Music. Can Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Eric Clapton, etc. be considered Christian Music?

Amen, my brotha! I listen to ALL kinds of music - the 'contemporary' Christian stuff (which did evolve from Gospel and well as rock 'n' roll), big band, pop, jazz, folk..............music is music, and if it moves your soul, it's a GOOD thing!

I think that the genre of Christian music came out of the 70's Jesus Movement.............the whole Jesus Freak. Remember when the Doobies came out with "Jesus is Just All Right with Me"? And the Byrd's "Turn, Turn, Turn". These were mainstream songs that had a very spiritual theme. New radio stations came out at that time that played only "Contemporary Christian" music, and thus the whole realm was born.
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Needtobreathe
    Casting Crowns
    Third Day
    Lindsay McCaul
    Tenth Avenue North
    Skillet

Pretty much every other band that was listed here!
    The Q99.7 is always playing in my car, it's a Christian station here. Love it!
  • wantangbob
    wantangbob Posts: 22
    Options
    Any fans of 'Faith Plus One' out there?
  • blethenam
    blethenam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Skillet....sorry if that doesn't count but it does too me

Skille so counts! They ARE a Christian Rock band. Have been for a long time. One of my favorites for the past 13 years.
  • lordsangel
    Options
    So if you're a Christian you aren't allowed to listen to good music. Bummer.

Yes we are allowed to listen to good music. That's why we listen to Christian music. I love my Christian music. It's all I listen to.
    Christian music is awesome!! I could see how someone who doesn't have a relationship with God wouldn't like it b/c it touches your heart and those who are heartless can't feel it.