House of Heroes
    JJ Heller
    Lecrea
    MUTEMATH
    Needtobreathe
    One Sonic Society
    The Reign of Kindo
    Robbie Seay Band
    Seryn ( <- local band that rocked SXSW last year! )
    Sleeping at Last
    Sojourn
    Switchfoot
    Valencia
  • MMLong3996
    MMLong3996 Posts: 31
    Options
    What a fabulous post! Thank you for starting this one. :)

I LOVE Mandisa (saw her last week), TobyMac, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder Band, Jamie Grace, Jeremy Camp, Gungor, Decyfer Down, Kutless, NEEDTOBREATHE, Francesca Battastelli, Third Day,....I'm sure there are others!!
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Any Black Gospel, Southern Gospel, and Gungor.:drinker:
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I've been into the Christian Music scene, but I love me some Newsboys, DC Talk, and Audio Adrenaline.
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Skillet....sorry if that doesn't count but it does too me

Skillet counts!! I love them and Red.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Smokie Norful....
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Skillet....sorry if that doesn't count but it does too me

Rock band with Christian influence.... Still counts :P

Yay! :bigsmile:

Skillet has one of the most amazing hearts for Christ... no matter thier * label*. In my opinion, there should not be such a huge devision between secular and Christian music..... it's the heart of the artists that matter...:) ....and artists that can more accessibly reach those who do not know Christ, need to be out there in my opinion. The first time I saw Skillet was about 10 or 11 years ago... i think it was GMA week in Nashville...we walked into a club...and the singer was up front, worshiping his heart out. Totally immersed in worshiping God. No pretense... just honest, heartful love flowing out of him... :flowerforyou:

I listen to a huge mix of music... both mainstream and *christian*.... I'm a music addict..and see alot of beauty and God given gifts in those artists that don't know Him ( yet).... even if they don't realize it... thier gifts come from His heart...He created them!..but anyhow. sorry for the mini tangent.. ;)

A lot that I will list is slightly old school...but here goes...

Curious Fools
    Paul Baloche
    Bebo Norman
    The Benjamin Gate
    Bleach
    Delerious
    Desperation Band
    Eowyn
    Flyleaf
    Future of Forestry
    The Glorious Unseen
    Inhabited
    The Myriad
    Petra
    Plumb
    Sheri Carr
    Switchfoot
    Tenth Avenue North
    Third Day
    Vineyard Music
    White Heart
    Sherri Youngward
    Hillsong
    Skillet
    The Violet Burning
    Seven Day Jesus ( The Hunger album)
    DC Talk ( yes...I know... lol... but they were still awesome...Jesus Freak was the first time I heard Christians rockin' LOL )

YES! first post with a switchfoot fan! And I 100% agree skillet took his broken abusive crazy life and now uses his music to glorify God, I totally relate to most of their music!!!! Switchfoot Dare you to move has to be one of the most motivating appropriate weight loss or just life songs out there!!!! Also EVERYONE needs to hear "mess of me" also by switchfoot that is my song for sure!!! My kids love Everytime you run by manafest...also Avalanch totally awesome workout song great beat!! I ADORE casting crowns, mercy me, third day, deff a Christian music goo roo here! :D I also listen to some country, not to much else, I will journey down the oldies every now and then!!!!
  • Grumbletron
    Grumbletron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Transatlantic is an absolutely incredible prog-rock supergroup with awesome Christian messages. I listen to a lot of prog, both Christian and secular, and Transatlantic is consistently my favorite.

Plus, their lead singer/keyboardist, Neal Morse, has put out a bunch of great solo albums of his own.

Apart from that, I'm an enormous O.C. Supertones fan, and I couldn't be more thrilled that they're getting back together! Ska is not dead! :D

P.S. - Since others mentioned the Newsboys... some might disown me for this, but I actually like the sound of the "new" Newsboys (with Michael Tait instead of Peter Furler).
    Petra
    Hahaha, now there's a name I haven't heard in a while! Rock on. \m/
  • ChickieDoodle
    Options
    Oh, wantangbob, you stole mine...Faith +One!!!!
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Gungor! totally forgot about them
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    oh, I almost forgot...Barlow Girl!! awesome, your daughters would love them!!:smile:
  • eeirich74
    eeirich74 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    misty edwards
    jake hamilton
    skillet
    kutless
    so much out there!!!!
  • jody0726
    jody0726 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love working out to music. I find it lifts my spirits and I always workout better. Sometimes, I even find myself singing out loud. =) Some of my favorites are:

Jesus Culture
    Toby Mac
    Family Force 5
    Sanctus Real
    Matthew West

And many of the others previously listed. LOVE this list!!
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    P.S. - Since others mentioned the Newsboys... some might disown me for this, but I actually like the sound of the "new" Newsboys (with Michael Tait instead of Peter Furler).
    I just heard God's Not Dead on the radio and it's really good! I was never a big fan of the Newsboys and didn't even know Tait was now their lead singer; I like their new sound a lot more.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, and Silly Songs with Larry. I got "hooked" when my daughter was younger. Now...where is my hairbrush? :laugh:
    LOVE me some Silly Songs-Have you heard the Cheeseburger song? LOL

cause you're his cheesburger his tasty cheeseburger be back for you-ou he'll be back for you-ou

I love Veggie Tales. I have so many of there DVDs but my kids wont watch 'em. So they keep asking my why I keep buying them "for them" but only I watch 'em. Well, my grils still watch them but my boys dont. I think "where is my ahribrush ROCKS!!! But my fave is the Sport Utility Vehicle song! I love it :blushing:
    [/quote]

I have the VSH's.. They were mine when I was little, my nephew watches them now. He loves the bellybutton song. & the yo ho pirates one.
    He doesn't like the hairbrush song.. & he get's mad when I sing "Barbra manatee.. manatee... manatee. You are the one for you me! one for me... one for me.."
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just heard God's Not Dead on the radio and it's really good! I was never a big fan of the Newsboys and didn't even know Tait was now their lead singer; I like their new sound a lot more.

Newsboys were decent enough until John James left the band. I haven't liked anything they put out after Take Me To Your Leader.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am on a hillsong kick right now. I love take me to the cross.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh and Seventh Day Slumber...didn't see that one mentioned.
  • razorbecky
    razorbecky Posts: 134
    Options
    I really like, Hillsong, Sanctus Reel, Casting Crowns and Mandesa
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread!

Andy Cherry is a newer artist
    Jeremy Camp
    Chris Tomlin
    Rebecca St. James