I really want a damn cupcake

Options
123457»

Replies

• wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    If I want a sweet, i let myself have it.

The Rules:
    no keeping sweets in the house. if you want a sweet (usually cookies, cake, or frozen yogurt for me), you must walk to the store (about 20 minutes) buy ONE sweet. Walk back. Drink a glass of water. And if I still want it, I can eat my sweet.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I need to BUMP for all the tasty cupcake-alternative recipes!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking today that it is lucky none of the many cupcake stores in the area are convenient to me and that my son doesn't like cupcakes. I want a cupcake pretty much every day but can't even remember when I last had one! Yum cupcakes!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Didn't give in to the cupcake gods yet!!!
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I know it's been said but... why not just eat a damn cupcake? Just make sure it fits into your caloric goals for the day.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I know it's been said but... why not just eat a damn cupcake? Just make sure it fits into your caloric goals for the day.

EXACTLY!!!!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Well, because for ME it's more than a weightloss thing. I need to pratice self control too. So, As much as I would love to devour a moist delicious delectable treat and savor every morsel ( can you tell I want one? ) I need to continue to prove to myself I don't need it. I have a cheat meal once a week, maybe I will sneak in a cupcake too ( depends on my calories)
  • ladylonglegs21
    ladylonglegs21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've found a "healthier" but still tasty version of a cupcake. I take a box of dark chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin and mix only those together. Then i add walnuts. put in muffin cups and bake. I'm a chocloholic and these help curb my craving. You don't taste the pumpkin.
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to have a bakery close to my office that does mini cupcakes of all of their flavors for just $1. Very tasty, and will usually satisfy my urge, though I'd be lying if I said I haven't had a couple at a time. They ring in about 250 Cals, so they are easy to manage if I eat clean the rest of the day.

Indulge when you need to, but log it in, and try to burn the calories through excercise or moderation throughout the rest of the day. I've often left that the people that cut themselves off from everything are the ones who struggle to remain consistent, and also rebound harder than those that have learned to manager their cravings, and how to indulge.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Eat the bloody cupcake and be done with it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Day 263 without a cupcake.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    ack, I could never give up cupcakes for good. The bakery near my work makes amazing, to-die-for cupcakes. So once in awhile I treat myself (not even once a month), but I get the mini version. It's under 200 calories and I don't feel I lost out. I was under my calorie goal, my fat, carbs and protein and didn't have to deprive myself to enjoy it.
  • prettycollie
    prettycollie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey at least you don't have to see cupcakes EVERYDAY like I do since I'm a cake decorator! Its fun but I eat them too much lol!