Hcg. Injections, is anyone doing them?

Options

Replies

• Dulxecita
    Dulxecita Posts: 35
    Options
    I've tried alli twice one pill fainted. The next day another pill and fainted again it lowered my blood pressure

Your pill fainted?! Poor pill. I hope it was ok.

lmao!!!!

Its dumb to say a pill fainted I believe you understood what I meant even if it was not properly written. English is my second language its not polite to make fun of people because of a grammar mistake. That is what bothers me people don't show respect
  • mzbehaven1
    mzbehaven1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am doing the RX sublingual...the first phase is a very strict diet, but once you are in the "groove" it's simple. The mistake that people make when getting off the diet is they go back to their old ways of eating. A person can not eat bread and pasta every day and expect to keep the weight off. you have to have 7 oz of meat, ck, beef, fish etc...then add veggies and fruit to total 1200 to 1400 calories a day...pretty simple. Good luck...it's easy

Yes, a person can eat bread and pasta every day and keep weight off. I eat bread, rice, pizza (gasp!), pasta, etc. I even eat....SUGAR! And real butter!! And I will keep this weight off for the rest of my life. Why? Because I will eat within an acceptable calorie range for weight loss now and for maintenance later. Ta-da! The secret to losing weight and keeping it off is revealed :)

I am happy your body can process all the wheat...mine can not. If we were all the same we'd be sooooo boring
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the people that are trying to help I appreciate the information even if its against it.

All attempts at humor aside, I really hope you don't waste your money on this diet. It's expensive, potentially dangerous, and ineffective (as others have stated before me).

Just be patient, work hard, and stay dedicated, and you will achieve your goals. :flowerforyou:

MFP is free, and it works. Plus you can customize your meals and exercise schedule to fit your needs. Try it for 3 months and see how you feel. I bet you make incredible progress.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    hCG is illegal as a diet aid. You are breaking the law and so is whoever sold it to you.

I don't do it...but it's NOT illegal.

http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm281333.htm

Seriously, didn't know that.... Interesting.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Research it. What I found was- it clearly states the hcg works as an appetite suppressant ( a very expenseive one) and the 500 cals (starving) is why people lose...and when they actually eat again- gain like crazy because you're body is used to almost nothing. No quick fixes ever last.

While I do NOT agree with The HCG diet, I can tell you that is not true either. I know 6 people who have done it and have kept the weight off and eat what ever they want. My husband being one of them. He did the program for 3 weeks lost about 20 pounds and hasnt gained any thing back. He still eats pizza and burgers just not every day.
    You can lose the weight on your own without HCG and still eat 1200 cal a day the biggest part of the diet is not eating any fat or carbs - besides what you get from the fruit and veggies.
    While my husband was on the diet I basically ate what he ate, but ate 1200 calories of it and lost 12 pounds in the 3 weeks. Hope that helps
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Here we go again :bigsmile: Might as well make the popcorn now...:drinker:

Not on this thread, it doesn't fit into the protocol
  • brandi22479
    brandi22479 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Here we go again :bigsmile: Might as well make the popcorn now...:drinker:

Can we have the cheezy kind?

As long as it's reduced fat!
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've tried alli twice one pill fainted. The next day another pill and fainted again it lowered my blood pressure

Hilarious!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I am doing the RX sublingual...the first phase is a very strict diet, but once you are in the "groove" it's simple. The mistake that people make when getting off the diet is they go back to their old ways of eating. A person can not eat bread and pasta every day and expect to keep the weight off. you have to have 7 oz of meat, ck, beef, fish etc...then add veggies and fruit to total 1200 to 1400 calories a day...pretty simple. Good luck...it's easy

Yes, a person can eat bread and pasta every day and keep weight off. I eat bread, rice, pizza (gasp!), pasta, etc. I even eat....SUGAR! And real butter!! And I will keep this weight off for the rest of my life. Why? Because I will eat within an acceptable calorie range for weight loss now and for maintenance later. Ta-da! The secret to losing weight and keeping it off is revealed :)

Exactly this!!! I've lost over 100lbs using nothing but good ol' diet and exercise. I have not eliminated ANYTHING from my diet...other than excess calories.

+1. I've lost 104 lbs through diet and exercise, I eat carbs everyday.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I also gained my weight as a result of a medical condition and depression/depression meds. It totally sucks. But so does your defeatist attitude. Just because the side effects of a prescription caused the weight gain, does not mean that you should take ANOTHER prescription with other potential side effects to lose the weight. Stop the cycle!

Even when a medicine causes weight gain, it is still calories in/calories out. There's a whole mess of hormones that mess with your calories out- this is true, but it doesn't mean the equation is wrong. It can be fixed the same way everyone else does it- by getting exercise and controlling your diet. It might be more difficult for those of us with medical conditions (I also have hypothyroid to boot!) so we may end up having to tweak our diets more and it might take longer- but this site is here for support of healthy practices. We can do it!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Exactly this!!! I've lost over 100lbs using nothing but good ol' diet and exercise. I have not eliminated ANYTHING from my diet...other than excess calories.

+1. I've lost 104 lbs through diet and exercise, I eat carbs everyday.

Add me to the list (40 lbs lost) and you have 244 lbs gone by eating real food, working hard, and being healthy.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    hCG is illegal as a diet aid. You are breaking the law and so is whoever sold it to you.

Unless I'm mistaken it's the otc stuff that the fda banned, not the prescribed injection treatments. I don't do it, I don't advocate it, actually I don't agree with it in anyway shape or form and could put up my laundry list of objections, but it is in fact no illegal when prescribed. Buying on the interwebz, however, is illegal.

Excerpt from the link above:

The diet has become popular again and FDA and FTC are taking action on illegal HCG products. “You cannot sell products claiming to contain HCG as an OTC drug product. It’s illegal,” says Brad Pace, team leader and regulatory counsel at FDA’s Health Fraud and Consumer Outreach Branch. “If these companies don’t heed our warnings, they could face enforcement actions, legal penalties or criminal prosecution.”
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine is doing it. She is losing weight. If it's from the shots who know, it is most likely more of just eating less calories. But, she likes them, there safe, and she's lost some weight. So I say do what ever motivates you.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    If it were that easy, there would be no one overweight:smokin:

I have to disagree. It is that easy, but it takes will power and determination!

Rubbish! Diet and exercise take will power and determination, this is just another "Quick fix"
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Unless I'm mistaken it's the otc stuff that the fda banned, not the prescribed injection treatments. I don't do it, I don't advocate it, actually I don't agree with it in anyway shape or form and could put up my laundry list of objections, but it is in fact no illegal when prescribed. Buying on the interwebz, however, is illegal.

Injection HCG is not FDA-approved for weight loss either, though, you are right, it is not illegal yet in this form. I do believe that will change in the very near future as the FDA is taking more action against these hormone injections and restricting usage.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/MedicationHealthFraud/ucm281834.htm

From the article:

FDA has received reports of serious adverse events associated with the use of HCG injections for weight loss including cases of pulmonary embolism, depression, cerebrovascular issues, cardiac arrest, and death.

Injectable HCG is NOT safe either.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The cost is $600.00/month and FOR ME it was not a permanent solution.

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I also gained my weight as a result of a medical condition and depression/depression meds. It totally sucks. But so does your defeatist attitude. Just because the side effects of a prescription caused the weight gain, does not mean that you should take ANOTHER prescription with other potential side effects to lose the weight. Stop the cycle!

Even when a medicine causes weight gain, it is still calories in/calories out. There's a whole mess of hormones that mess with your calories out- this is true, but it doesn't mean the equation is wrong. It can be fixed the same way everyone else does it- by getting exercise and controlling your diet. It might be more difficult for those of us with medical conditions (I also have hypothyroid to boot!) so we may end up having to tweak our diets more and it might take longer- but this site is here for support of healthy practices. We can do it!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    A friend of mine is doing it. She is losing weight. If it's from the shots who know, it is most likely more of just eating less calories. But, she likes them, there safe, and she's lost some weight. So I say do what ever motivates you.

Actually the shots themselves are safe when they come in perscription form (well, they aren't yet proven to be unsafe at any rate), the paired low calorie diet is not safe.
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

lmao!!!!

Its dumb to say a pill fainted I believe you understood what I meant even if it was not properly written. English is my second language its not polite to make fun of people because of a grammar mistake. That is what bothers me people don't show respect

People who have to make other people feel bad, feel bad about them selves.
  • Gergal73
    Gergal73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Several people I know have tried it. It started at my wifes work they lost alot of weight fast, now a few months later they all weigh more now than when they started after spending all that money and starving themselves. To top it off they were all health professionals nurses etc. who should know better. Too each their own.

Same scenario with me. Six ladies I work with did this 18 months ago and lost drastic amounts of weight. They tried to convince me to do it with them, but I decided to go the old fashioned route with healthy eating and exercise. Now, they are all heavier than they were and starting the program again. I'm down 35 pounds and still losing. My loss may be slow, but it's consistent and not coming back on. All have said that they were very hungry on the program and struggled with the low calories. They also mentioned how moody they were while on HGC. It may be a quick loss, but it's a cycle you will have to continue if you want to keep the weight off. If you quit, the weight will come back on. I look at 6 for 6 who have had the same result from HGC and find that's all I need to be convinced it's not a good choice.

Best advice I would give you is to consult with your Doctor on HGC and see what they have to say.

Good luck! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.