Hcg. Injections, is anyone doing them?

Options
123457»

Replies

• hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i had a friend who did the droplet version, he able to lose weight and quickly achieve his weight goal, though he look dry, old and weak. I was tempted to try it out but decided not to. would rather stick with usual workout and clean eating and expect to lose weight in slower phase. I've lose 13 lbs in the last 4 months. I feel stronger and i like the way i look from the mirror.
  • weightlosshippie
    weightlosshippie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is so sad to me...

How did we even get here as a people? What's changed in the last fifty years so that all I see on television are ads about food, medicine and weight loss products?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I've tried alli twice one pill fainted. The next day another pill and fainted again it lowered my blood pressure

Your pill fainted?! Poor pill. I hope it was ok.

lmao!!!!

Its dumb to say a pill fainted I believe you understood what I meant even if it was not properly written. English is my second language its not polite to make fun of people because of a grammar mistake. That is what bothers me people don't show respect

People who have to make other people feel bad, feel bad about them selves.

And some just have a sense of humor. You can have a serious conversation and still joke around. Just because we're discussing meds doesn't mean that everyone has to put on their stern face.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    People who have to make other people feel bad, feel bad about them selves.

I'm afraid that's just not true. It's an uplifting explanation though, I'll give it that.
  • easypeasy1895
    Options
    I feel the goal should be to be healthy not just lose weight. 500 calories a day is not healthy!
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If it were that easy, there would be no one overweight:smokin:

I have to disagree. It is that easy, but it takes will power and determination!

So does losing weight a healthy way FFS.
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Here we go
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    If it were that easy, there would be no one overweight:smokin:

EXACTLY.
  • CatzMe67
    CatzMe67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've done the injections and the drops. Did it work? Yes! Lost 25 lbs with the injections in about 6 weeks. But honestly, I dont' think it was the HCG that made me drop pounds so quickly. It was the 500 caloris per day of plain, grilled chicken, tuna, broccoli, and apples that I ate. Anyone who eats like that will drop weight quickly, but at what expense to your body is the big question. I was starving most days. The drops did nothing, although I didn't follow the diet as well either. And, guess what? After stopping the diet and trying to eat and exercise healthy on my own (because I could no long afford the $400/month plus bill), that 25 lbs came back just as quickly as it disappeared!

If you need/want to lose quickly and can afford the injections, go for it; but be prepared when you stop the injections becuase it takes a ton of discipline to keep that weight off!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've done the injections and the drops. Did it work? Yes! Lost 25 lbs with the injections in about 6 weeks. But honestly, I dont' think it was the HCG that made me drop pounds so quickly. It was the 500 caloris per day of plain, grilled chicken, tuna, broccoli, and apples that I ate. Anyone who eats like that will drop weight quickly, but at what expense to your body is the big question. I was starving most days. The drops did nothing, although I didn't follow the diet as well either. And, guess what? After stopping the diet and trying to eat and exercise healthy on my own (because I could no long afford the $400/month plus bill), that 25 lbs came back just as quickly as it disappeared!

If you need/want to lose quickly and can afford the injections, go for it; but be prepared when you stop the injections becuase it takes a ton of discipline to keep that weight off!

I'm sorry you went through all that, but I hope you can find some success now.

Thanks for sharing your story here.
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    If drops, injections and pills worked everyone would be skinny. Instead of eating the 500 calories they suggest, hibernate because that is the amount of energy you will have -- trust me. I was sucked in too.
    SERIOUSLY PEOPLE IF IS SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS.
  • cookierinthia
    cookierinthia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's not what was asked, what was asked was "is there anyone taking hcg injections". This is how anger begins.
    It's a placebo.

This. Everyone is always looking for the 'quick fix'. Just eat below maintenance and exercise and you'll lose weight, there's no need to take extreme measures.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.