What's some advice you would tell your 16 year old self ?

Options

Replies

• Squeezie88
    Squeezie88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self,

Keep talking to Ben and don't let Sheridan get the best of you, you're more pretty than you think and she's just jealous
    Don't take Jesse to the formal, he'll ditch you and get drunk at the after party
    Answer your grandmothers letters because she won't be around to see you graduate from school
    Really enjoy yourself and stop worrying about your boobs! They'll come out when you're 20!

Oh, and don't get involved with Jeff. Sure, you'll get cheap drinks and free entry, but he's a bad *kitten* and will screw every chick he can behind your back

I think that about covers it :)

Oh and don't play netball that weekend before Christmas. You'll roll your ankle and still be paying for it 3 years later
  • ArtsyHouston22
    Options
    Dear 16 yr old Artsy,

--Stop caring what others think.

--Don't smoke weed and not inhale. You're wasting good weed. Actually, just don't smoke weed because you're one of the few people who gets bored and that won't change as an adult, no matter how many times you spark it up. Plus you'll have plenty of pothead artist/hippie/yuppy friends as an adult and can enjoy the contact high.

--Don't throw a big party at Steph's house when house sitting. Her parents will find a ton of beer bottles in the back yard when they come back on Monday.

--Take wood shop, theater, pottery, and drawing as elective classes.

--Dump Laura as a friend. She's a real life sociopath.

--Hook up with Luis, the hot server you worked with at that restaurant that summer. There's a reason he came to your house at 11pm on a Saturday night to drop off your server apron and the apron wasn't the real reason.

--Know that what happens in high school doesn't matter in the long run.

--You're ADHD. Get diagnosed.

--RELAX.
  • Karrie85
    Karrie85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self,

Stop crying over that boy, there is a wonderful husband waiting for you in your future.
    Keep your chin up, and just tell that D-bag to go F himself already.

You are beautiful, smart, and NOT FAT..so stop thinking you are.
    Stay in school, you are not as grown up as you think you are.
    Your mom is just trying to understand what's going on..so talk to her! In the future she will be one of your best friends.

BTW, you and your sister do stop hating each others guts, and you become great friends.
    P.s where is your retainer!

Love,
    your 26 year old self
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hey, 16 yr old idiot.....that girl you like, quit thinking about it and go ask her out. Quit thinking this is any big thing and making yourself nervous, just go for it. She may say no, but that's ok. If she says yes, you'll have a lot of fun. Meeting women doesn't get easier in 20 years so act now!

Oh yeah, when you get to college in a couple years please pull your head out of your @ss and do some freaking studying. You're smart and will be a very good engineer, but you almost won't make it if you don't wake up!
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,
    your going to get pregnant in 3-4 years. yea I know you think I'm crazy but its true.
    Sincerely Older you...
    Yup that is all Though I'd like to tell myself that in person because it would be really funny...
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Dear Self,

No matter what anyone says there is not a thing wrong with you. Eat healthily and exercise daily; also go to the gyno because you have PCOS and you really need to keep it in check. No matter what happens, do NOT marry the first man that comes along, because you will have to deal with the worst hell you could imagine. When you're 19 move to Luling TX. And find Ryan M. Because he is your true soulmate.....your current boyfriend is not meant for you.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 Year old Me,
    You may think they are you best friend but in few months time reality will hit and your life will change forever, but dont worry all of it is worth it. So live your life the way you want and remember I was never here.
    ~Me
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is going to like you all the time so stop trying to make it happen. It's OK that some people don't like you and it's OK not to like some people. Relax.

Good one. I am 23 years old and still trying to learn this lesson...
  • mariacamera
    mariacamera Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 Year Old Maria: GO TO COLLEGE!!! Date a LOT so that you find the right one. Don't wait. Get married. Have kids. Lose that extra 20 lbs. cause it doesn't get any easier.
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dear Me

Get rid of that loser guy you are about to marry at age 19. He's a womaniser and will eventually leave after wasting the best years of your life. Stop trying to feel loved and enjoy your life. You will meet the love of your life just before you turn 30 anyway, so stop worrying about that.

Go to uni and get a decent paying job.

You are slim now because you walk a lot. Don't fall into the trap of eating for emotions, and don't stop exercising.

Just because you can't make everyone like you doesn't mean you're worthless.

When you get a job, and the boss is an *kitten*. Leave, don't stay there and put up with it.

Stop thinking you are not attractive. You are. And when you're 40, you'll regret not enjoying your youth.

Buy a house and pay it off early !! Don't dip into redraw. Invest if you can !

Don't leave that fabulous church with the fabulous caring people just because one person there pisses you off.

Go to singing lessons, you will regret it later if you don't.

Be giving and loving to your friends. You may not realise it, but right now, sometimes you act rather selfish.

Follow your dreams. Dream big. You can be whatever you want. Don't listen to others' limitations. Just because you are quiet, doesn't mean you are stupid. They don't know you. You are MORE than that.

There is no such thing as perfection. Persistence and consistency will get you where you want to go.

Love
    Me
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Stay in school and be thankful for the oppertunity of taking PE. Yes it may suck now but in the future you will be glad you stuck it out!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Only 4 years later, but...hey me:

Love your parents, but don't let them dictate your life. They grew up in different times, in a different country, surrounded by stupid customs. They still believe in them, but that doesn't mean you don't know better and have to too. You're allowed to make your own decisions about who you want to become.

And just because you exercise doesn't mean you won't be able to have children. Really. I promise.

Love,

Leyla four years older.
  • verbalriot
    verbalriot Posts: 90
    Options
    Start loving yourself now!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    dont be so self concious! wear a bikini and be ruthless about it!!!!....and QUIT SMOKING!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self,

You are beautiful, smart, funny. You are the real deal. The whole package. Any man that doesn't think he is the absolute luckiest man alive to be in your life does not deserve you. Move on. Fast.

Find your own path in life. Do not follow your sister. Find your own college...apply to some dream schools. You never know.

While in college, and for the rest of your life, do whatever you can to travel. Study abroad, work abroad...make it a priority.

Don't waste time being self conscious and afraid. (Read the first paragraph again.) You can achieve anything you want. Go for it.

Life is an adventure. Don't wait to start living your adventure. There is no perfect time.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,
    You'll be fine. Take care of yourself please and keep lookout for a guy you'll meet in 09 right after you graduate. He's really bad news.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Dear me,

For the love of god, dump Andy already!!!
    Kari doesn't matter. Don't let anything ever change your mind about this.
    Brian is the worst force to ever come into your life. Stay far, far away, no matter what.
    Stop smokin dope. And cut back on the mountain dew.
    Stop putting everyone else first. You matter too.
    Stop picking fights with your mom - she's not as crazy as you think.
    And most importantly - please straighten your hair... You look like a lunatic.

<3 older me.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Dear Peggy,
    Stay away from fast food, and anyone named Steve.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old, confused and needy Kat--

When you turn 19 and meet a guy named "Ed" who is a friend of a friend you trust
    RUN! Don't sleep with him, don't smoke pot with him and DO NOT LET HIM BREAK YOUR IMMATURE HEART!

DO treat your friend Chuck better. You will marry him someday. He is the love of your life!
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    Hey, 16-year old me,

Don't graduate at 16, stay a bit longer in high school. College can wait! Great grades! Love that boyfriend like you do in the future. He's one of the best thing that will happen to you in the future. Don't cry over spilled milk. Don't be afraid of driving shift-stick, it's fun as hell! Next time, try to get your sister to try out for the hockey team... that way you won't be the only girl. Oh, don't be a prude. Have sex with him. He will become your husband, so it's all right! Safe sex is the best!! It's amazing! Ha!