30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Month 2...
    Beginning at level 2....I did level 1 for a month mixed with other workouts.

LEVEL 2, day 2...OMG....this is a killer change and more body weight incorporated...

My suggestion...
    Start with 5 lb weights and if its easy, go to 8 or 10lb. Lift heavy to result in loss of inches and tone. If you start a set and can do five reps with 10lb and back down to 8....its ok...dig deep....you can do this.
    Rest rest rest...your body must recover. ITS VERY IMPORTANT to allow healing and recovery. Injury is too common and it takes more than a day to heal.

Finish with a protien shake within 30 min....VERY IMPORTANT!

thus far...9.75" lost

MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE, and do not weigh if you can!
    Really stretch well at the end...
    Push through it...if you have to stop...keep moving in place...do not stop...

MOST OF ALL....GET A HRM...the numbers in here are off. Remember this is cardio combined with strength, and the calorie burn may be lower, but you will burn calories long after this workout, as with cardio, you will not.

WE GOT THIS LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ShamimAkhtar
    ShamimAkhtar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started on 1st May and completed day 3. I really hope to see some results after the 30 days, hopefully I will see it through. Would be great to have some support :)
  • diamondclear
    diamondclear Posts: 66 Member
    Options
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi all, good to see so many of you in just 1 day :smile:
    For info on tracking the 30DS see page 1 & also somebody just above has given their input into tracking.

So I did level 1, day 1 this morning & then a post baby cardio this afternoon, damn am I aching now :sad: I can't wait for the lil' princess's to go to bed so I can jump in the bath to relax these muscles.

I also believe after alot of reading that it's inches that matter not lbs.
    Keep it up everyone & good luck with your progress :smile:
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred yesterday and I am so sore today. Doing it tonight when I get off work. Feel free to add me! I could always use support. :)
  • sheeler301
    sheeler301 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am also starting 30 Day Shred again! I graduated from Army Basic Training last August, and went straight to the AIT schooling that lasted until October. I was never really great at the PT (physical training) tests, so I always had to work out on my own after lights out at basic training (obviously this would only include pushups and situps, seeing as we had no access to any sort of equipment). In AIT I was able to have my computer, so I did the 30 day shred for my workouts on my own. Even after just graduating basic training, this about did me in! I made it to level two, and perhaps tried level three a few times. I could tell the difference drastically on my run time and my endurance. I have another PT test coming up mid June, so I am going to start it again! I just need the motivation to wake up in the morning to do it, because I use my evenings to run! Jillian Michaels is amazing! Has anyone tried her Six week six pack dvd? Oh my gosh, now that is intense! I only did it a few times, I was drenched in sweat after, almost like one of my past drill srgt's had just given me a brutal smoking or "remedial" PT session :)
    I hear you on the getting up earlier for the 30DS on the days I work I work 12 hours shifts and I work an hour and a half from home so it is like a 15 hour day, but I started 30DS Monday and have worked last two day and had to get up at 0300-0315 to get it in, almost like back in basic doing PT before dawn.....Good luck on your next PT test
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Day 2, Level 1 just completed. I feel like my legs have been hit by a car :sad: but I was determind to keep at it. Just a quick question does anybody eat before their workout?
    I read somewhere that you should eat at least 30 minutes before exercising to fuel your body, so I did just that & ate a bowl of cereal 45 minutes before doing the shred. I know feel really sick! Anybody else experience this? Advice would be much appreciated :smile:
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Hello everyone I am on day 8 of level one (will be doing it tonight). I upped my hand held weights to 8lbs on some of the routine and go back to my 5lbs or 3lbs when I cant do it. Last night my body ached and was having muslce spasms so much I had a hard time sleeping. LOL But I can definitely feel a difference in my body. I also notice that my belly doesnt bounce as much as it used to when I first started TMI lol
    I felt the same last night, every time my OH put his arms or legs on me while sleeping I was waking up in pain. If i could of punched him without hurting myself in the process I would of :laugh:
    That was just on day 1 so well done you getting to day 8. Have you took any measurements since starting? Good Luck in your progress :smile:
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I typically work out at 5am, I cannot eat before working out or I will be ill the entire time. If I need fuel, I'll drink a fuel drink before I work out. Typically I have a protein shake or I'll make some eggs right after and have drink a recovery drink if needed. If I work out in the afternoon, I'll have a protein shake about an hour before I work out.

So just finished day 5, part 1 - I kept trying to tal myself out of it the entire time, but I pushed through and I feel GREAT! Hang in there, folks, you can do it!
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    day 5 for me today and all complete!! i found day 3 the hardest thats when i REALLY ached the most and could bearly walk down the stairs, but pushed through it and now feel better, im only doing it up to the 28th as i go on holiday so i only have 24days left to go and am really hoping for results, took all my b4 pics and was absolutely disgusted!! so everyday i look at these and it encourages me to carry on!! lol
    lets help motivate and encourage each other, come on peeps we can do this!! :happy:
  • chiley1
    chiley1 Posts: 15
    Options
    I started the 6 wks 6 pack and I am so soar I thought that I would be okay since I was in the gym and walking 2 mile per day. I guess I still had some lazy muscle.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,started the 30DS yesterday,hoping I'm doing everything right because I'm just not sore at all, I do Turbo Jam everyday and with this I was really expecting to be feeling something but the only thing that really hurts are my knees.Also I found I don't burn a whole lot of calories according to my HRM only about 90. Hopefully it will get better!
  • specialtreat
    Options
    I did my 2nd day today and boy am I sore, even hurts to drive the car lol!
    I haven't started with the hand weights yet {I haven't got any}, but I can still feel the burn.
    If 400 lb people can do all those jumping jacks then I take my hat off to them.

What type of protein? drinks do everyone drink after doing 30DS?
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    day 5 for me today and all complete!! i found day 3 the hardest thats when i REALLY ached the most and could bearly walk down the stairs, but pushed through it and now feel better, im only doing it up to the 28th as i go on holiday so i only have 24days left to go and am really hoping for results, took all my b4 pics and was absolutely disgusted!! so everyday i look at these and it encourages me to carry on!! lol
    lets help motivate and encourage each other, come on peeps we can do this!! :happy:
    Well done, keep up the good work. I knew my body had obviously changed since having my lil' girl last year BUT omg was i shocked :noway: when I seen my before pics for 30DS. Like you I felt disgusted with myself, especially my back as I have a tattoo that covers my back & slight parts of it are missing at the sides now where my hips have got very large. I will be able to see my tattoo in all its glory, even if it kills me lol. Keep up the good work :smile:
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    Well done, keep up the good work. I knew my body had obviously changed since having my lil' girl last year BUT omg was i shocked :noway: when I seen my before pics for 30DS. Like you I felt disgusted with myself, especially my back as I have a tattoo that covers my back & slight parts of it are missing at the sides now where my hips have got very large. I will be able to see my tattoo in all its glory, even if it kills me lol. Keep up the good work :smile:

I know what u mean, preston is my 3rd and his 14 months now and sssooo want to get rid of my baby pouch!! i hate it, plus i want my thighs to shrink a bit too!! lol still day 6 tomoz, and think im gonna do a 6mile brisk walk again on monday and tuesday jst to push it along abit!! lol
    keep up the good work, would love to c ur tattoo!! im tattoo mad myself!! lol :laugh: :happy:
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    I did my 2nd day today and boy am I sore, even hurts to drive the car lol!
    I haven't started with the hand weights yet {I haven't got any}, but I can still feel the burn.
    If 400 lb people can do all those jumping jacks then I take my hat off to them.

What type of protein? drinks do everyone drink after doing 30DS?
    ha ha ha i know what u mean the height of my pain was on day 3 and couldn't walk down the stairs or sit on the toilet without screaming in pain!! lol i usually have a berocca in water a dis-solvable tablet that replaces the sugars and salts lost when working out then i stick to water!!! hope this helps!! keep up the good work!! :happy:
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Re-started 30 DS today. I like to do an hour of exercise 6 days a week and so today I decides to do advanced level 1 and beginner 2 back to back. My legs are significantly stronger since my last incomplete 30 DS attempt so my biggest obstacle are the arm things! Im a dumby and am using the only hand weights we have – 5# a piece! My arms go to failure before most of the exercises are done haha.
  • countrygirlatheart0717
    countrygirlatheart0717 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started this last week and it is a killer. Not sure how many calories it burns in those 20 minutes, does anybody know?

Calories are different for each person. I highly recommend you buy a HRM that way you can tell exactly how many calories you're burning. :) I found mine for cheap on Amazon.com I have the Polar FT4 for women and I love it!!! It keeps track of everything I need I know some HRM's do more but I don't need the extra stuff. :) Hope this helps you - good luck on your journey.

P.S. If anyone is looking for a group to join for 30 DS there is a group called Shredded Hotties and we started it on May 1st - feel free to join (you'll just be a few days behind).
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Prestonsmumma, I have a 9 year old & 11 month old. Took me so long to get my body back after having my first daughter but my god I am not dragging my feet this time around. I too want my thighs to shrink so that I can wear my gorgeous dresses again, I'm not very confident wearing them at the moment! I just did day 3 of 30DS & I seem to be getting better, still struggling with the final set of abs....it's a killer lol.
    I'm thinking of starting up running again, been a long time since I've ran due to foot surgery but I used to really enjoy it. I'll let you take a peek at my tattoo when you can actually see it all :laugh: I'm tattoo mad too, I have both my feet & ankles done, along with one on my wrist & of course my back. How about you?
  • PumpkinsandChocolate
    PumpkinsandChocolate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Level 1 just completed. I feel like my legs have been hit by a car :sad: but I was determind to keep at it. Just a quick question does anybody eat before their workout?
    I read somewhere that you should eat at least 30 minutes before exercising to fuel your body, so I did just that & ate a bowl of cereal 45 minutes before doing the shred. I know feel really sick! Anybody else experience this? Advice would be much appreciated :smile:

I've tried both and turns out if I eat before, I have to wait at least 1 - 1 1/2 hours before I can workout without feeling like I'm going to puke. I normally eat after my workout and where it used to be anything I could get my hands on, I'm trying to be better and eat something like scrambled egg whites on whole wheat toast or a Shakeology protein shake. Hope this helps!