THE Scale (or lack thereof) Challenge (round 2)

Options

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Dia 2:

I'm doing good so far :bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am going strong so far!! As hard as it is, I haven't looked. I would normally weigh once a week anyway but I have been tempted to weigh every day since my nightmare two days ago! LOL!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    not yet....but I have to admit...I certainly thought about it LOL....ah ya this is gonna be a LONG week LOL

thanks for starting this Banks....I had no idea how addicted I was LOL

hugs!
    Ali
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    :tongue:

Good work people. Keep it up!
  • arubabound
    Options
    I'M IN!! I haven't weighed myself since I started...even when I started I didn't have an exact weight...I just knew by the size pants I had to buy...Muy new "measuring" tool is my fav pair of jeans with the hole in the knee....when those are big, I'll switch to the other pair I have hidden in my bottom drawer ..good luck everyone!!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Day 2. Almost cheated, the scale is in the garage and I walked right by it. Very tempting. This is my 4th week and I know I am gaining muscle and may actually weigh more right now, so i don't want to see anyway :smile:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    ^&@^#&@% I caved this morning and weighed. :angry: I just felt lighter and my addiction of the scale got the better of me :frown: :sad: The good news though is that I have lost another pound.

I'm sorry you guys, I know, I suck! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Dia 3:

It's all good! :drinker:

This will be my last post for a little while.... be good to yourselves... stay strong and keep at it!

Lots of hugs!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've been really good! No cheating yet. Every time I go into the bathroom I feel an immediate pull toward the scale. I must...NOT...weigh.... I must....NOT....weigh!

My addiction was getting pretty serious. I'd weigh 5,6,7 times a day. Sometimes every time I went to the bathroom. How sad is that...

:tongue:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Goin strong here. Not even tempted cause that evil thing LIES.:grumble: Great job everybody. Keep it up.:happy:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm game to join this challenge!
    I'm not really addicted to the scale - I weigh in every Mon and Thurs and that's about it. However, I have a going away dinner tonight, my water retention "ladies week", going out on Fri for our anniversary and on top of all of that I am going to Las Vegas next weekend. Not the best several weeks to be weighing in anyway.
    I will say hello to my evil friend in about 3 weeks or so. Even if I don't lose much, as long as I don't gain a bunch I am happy as a clam.:smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed yet. It's not AS hard for me because I was only weighing once a week....but I did an experiment and went 2 weeks and when I weighed I had a maintain!! MAN, I was TICKED OFF!! So, it's a LITTLE hard for me to not weigh because I want to know if the changes I am making are helping........please, help me resist. It will be hard come Thursday (my normal weigh in day)........
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I hate my scale anyway, it must be pretty cheap. I can get on, get off, get on, get off, etc. and it is 2-3 lbs different every time. Not a big deal, but hard to know if you lost weight at all.

I'm in!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Still going strong. This would have been my weigh day and tho i am curious, it would probably just pi**ed me off anyway :grumble:
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your on! I one of those that check daily and stay frustrated / depressed about what it shows.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    So I wanted to wait until later today to make a report, but still going strong. Hope everyone else is too! Welcome all new people.

3 Days down, 25 left until scale freedom!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo in it!!!!!!!!!!!! I really was not weighing myself everyday, just once a week. But even that was a dissapointment sometimes. It took me about 3 wks to weigh in again because I had hit a plateau. I got on the scale last Fri morning and to my surprise I had lost 2.5 pounds!!! So I will not weigh in again until end of May...Good luck to all of you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    good job everyone!

I hid the scale in the closet and did not weigh myself all weekend. I also did not log in my foods and I think I was o.k., but sometimes your mind can play tricks on you... Boy did I want to get on the scale to see if I had gained or not, but that is what this is all about. To not be a slave to the evil thing.

Anyway, back on track today. Logging all foods, back to the gym and staying off the scale. It should be fine....:ohwell:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Still going strong!!!
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I am really going to try to step away from the scale!! I really depend on it for motivation - every Monday morning! I have not weighed since the 14th and will stay off until mid May. Lets say May 11th - Is that mothers day? My own mini goal is 12 lbs by mothers day. Banks Thanks for the ideas for increasing my burned cals. I can do it!!